As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guess what? You won't be able to buy things at PAX this year (Khoo responds, Page 3)

13»

• Options
    SnickersSnickers Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Liger wrote: »
    Don't be surprised by the no pants. There is a large number of guys that don't wear pants to PAX.

I blame these guys.

Ahahahaha, I've never been to the website before, I love the vid on the main page XD

Snickers on
    <@frellnik&gt; and suddenly, Snickers
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well that was anticlimactic. :P I'm still curious about the discrepancies between the "quotes" from the email in the OP and what Khoo said, but I'm guessing that was just Reed's way of letting them down lightly? Or something? :P

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Spyder ZSpyder Z I am What and Who I am Shoreline, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Quotes make everything better. Not that that's the case. It may have been worded poorly. Just saying though. ;P (I'm not a fan of "Quotes" out of Context. Even when they're represented correctly. Unless you're messing with someone... Then it's okay... >.>)

Spyder Z on
  • Options
    Mr TeatimeMr Teatime Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You laugh now, but if DIMD actually follows through and goes as Cpt Planet he in fact will not be wearing pants ><

Mr Teatime on
  • Options
    Jules@Party934.comJules@Party934.com Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mr Teatime wrote: »
    You laugh now, but if DIMD actually follows through and goes as Cpt Planet he in fact will not be wearing pants ><

Shorts?

Ginders?

Ginders over stockings?

black bikini briefs with yellow hearts over black fishnet stockings?

assless chaps with white thigh highs and a garter?

Jules@Party934.com on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    Okay guys, this thread has run its course. If the guys from Pegasus Publishing want to post a response, please PM me and I'll unlock the thread for you. Otherwise, talk about captain planet in the cosplay thread.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    f1r5t in after unlock!!

inb4 relock! ;)

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It sucks as a small company to be shunted out but at the same time, more demos and devs there means more to gamers than some t-shirts.

Really last year I saw very little "shopping" going on and personally the only thing I bought was HotHead's collector's edition of OTRSPoD. I know that everyone else I went with the intent of "if I see something cool, I'll go home and order it."

In the day of Amazon and cheap internet shopping there is very little reason to want to buy in person.

Again sorry to hear but like everyone said, take it up with the proper people, not the forum.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Accalon wrote: »
    f1r5t in after unlock!!

inb4 relock! ;)

Why do you make me want to hurt you. :|

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • Options
    ObyOby Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well I have to say that's lame not being able to sell stuff. But if they are going to let college booths at PAX then they need to remove them first. I'd rather have booths where i can buy stuff at then college booths like crappy ITT Tech there. But if they are removing them to then i'm more or less fine with removing the booths that are there to sell stuff just cause the college booths wouldn't be there. But if they are going to keep the college booths there then thats bull. (btw tried to look through several of posts to see anything related to college booths but didn't see any).

Oby on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    This thread is only open right now so that the guys from PP could post a reply. As for crappy college booths, right now we don't know what exhibitors will and won't be there, so let's leave our criticisms until after those are announced. Thanks.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The last time PP posted was: 05-28-2009, 04:21 PM EST.

Over 30 hours ago. The way I see it, they abandoned the topic once they realized their ploy wouldn't work.

However, is this really the best place for this? This seems like a private business matter, why is it being discussed on a public forum? I understand the community is affected by this, but watching a flame war between people I expect to be businessmen is just embarrassing.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessmostlyharmless Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oby wrote: »
    Well I have to say that's lame not being able to sell stuff. But if they are going to let college booths at PAX then they need to remove them first. I'd rather have booths where i can buy stuff at then college booths like crappy ITT Tech there. But if they are removing them to then i'm more or less fine with removing the booths that are there to sell stuff just cause the college booths wouldn't be there. But if they are going to keep the college booths there then thats bull. (btw tried to look through several of posts to see anything related to college booths but didn't see any).

I take it you believe that no one who attends PAX wishes to have the necessary education to make an impact on the gaming industry. Not trying to be confrontational. Just saying that the college booths are there for a purpose, unlike merch, which serves no other purpose than to get us to spend money on stuff we don't need.

mostlyharmless on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2009
    DaNerd wrote: »
    watching a flame war between people I expect to be businessmen is just embarrassing.

...who's flaming?

Tube on
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    No one is actually flaming, true, but PP is on that level in my mind.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Makes sense... But I'll be disappointed to not see Asmadi Games there, if they aren't there. I wanted to pick up their new We Didn't Playtest This game.

parabola on
  • Options
    Shadow_Dancer88Shadow_Dancer88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm sorry this is late, and a little old, however I was unable to post last night so I had to wait till now.

Personally, I wasn't even sure what PP was until I clicked their website. I then spent several minutes browsing their merch, and finally recognized them from cons like Sakuracon and previous PAX years. Honestly? The bulk of their merch has little to nothing to do with gaming. Yes, they are geek based, but they only bring a few select items that are specifically gaming based. I remember seeing more joke base, tv show based, and math/science geek based shirts at their booth than anything else. I actually thought they were a strange fit when I saw them at PAX.

At this point, I actually have to agree with DaNerd, I think that PP only made their immature posts in an attempt to stir up trouble, and to try and get PAX attendees to flame Penny Arcade for it. Their OP had an extremely vindictive side to it and their title was purposefully misleading in an attempt to anger. It honestly seemed as though they were angry they would not be at PAX to profit, (the fact that they made money and sold lots of merch was used by them to try and defend their side, but it also shows that their concern was the money) and so chose to act on that feeling by bringing their anger to this forum.

I honestly find their decision to post their issues with PA on this forum to be childish, and extremely unprofessional. I'm not surprised that many forumers have taken issue with this, and will choose not to shop at PP anymore. I'm unlikely to do so myself at this point, simply because I do not trust their business ethics after such a poor showing. Small business or not, you should always stay professional.

Shadow_Dancer88 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I only reopened this thread because PP PM'd me in order to make a response. This was a couple days ago and they still have not made their final response, so I'm locking this thread again; nothing good can come from leaving this thread open.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.