As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Land of the Dead Beckons Us! (Resubscribe NOW!)

• Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Chara wrote: »
    Ok I see now, Its just you click on the sigil and it says 5 fragments and lists 5 objectives so my first thought was oh I have to do these 5 things in order to get this. It is a little unclear that each fragment can be clicked on. should like point the objectives to the fragment or something so people know its tied to that one fragment.
    Even the graphical display isn't very good, and I submitted feedback along those lines when I was on the PTS. The fragments you have are more color-saturated and the pieces you don't are less saturated, but there's not enough contrast between them to really distinguish at a glance. Half the time you have to stare at the Sigil fragments saying "is that part colored in or not, I can't tell", or click on each one to look for checkmarks. They need to fade the fragments you don't have so the ones you do have immediately stand out by comparison.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    eatmosushieatmosushi __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    As of May 9th, there was a wide release of drivers for your nvidia cards, specifically the 8.x series.

For a while now my performance has gone from decent to absolute shit.

Today I solved my problem.

Step 1: Download the latest nvidia driver for your video card.

Step 2: Download Microsoft .net 3.5 (make sure its from the microsoft company)

Step 3: download nHancer

Step 4: for the enhancement tabs, use Multisampling 2x

Step 5: turn on Vertical Sync, (on), and check Force OpenGL Triple-Buffer

Step 6: click the Optimizations Tab, and check texture filtering - High performance

Step 7: TURN ON TRILLINEAR OPTIMIZATION

Step 8: Check Prerender Limit and set it to 4. I havent tested with a higher number yet, but omg i can pan my mouse view and its like silk in a full scenario (it used to stutter frequently mid-pan)

Step 9: Start warhammer, and ENJOY

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    As of May 9th, there was a wide release of drivers for your nvidia cards, specifically the 8.x series.

Step 6: click the Optimizations Tab, and check texture filtering - High performance

Step 8: Check Prerender Limit and set it to 4. I havent tested with a higher number yet, but omg i can pan my mouse view and its like silk in a full scenario (it used to stutter frequently mid-pan)

:!:

I needs must try this.

Havelock on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I know the Mouths have always had a play what you like philosophy, but are we still overabundant on tanks?

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wow, Sushi, thanks for the tip!

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

I'll try this.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    oh please let me know if it helps!

eatmosushi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Spun uncontrollably skyward... Driven brutally into the ground
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wow, Sushi, thanks for the tip!

passing my first year of lawl school made me smrrrrt.

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just want my Cross Server Scenarios.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Quoting this. I will test this shit out and if it does anything for me I will add it to the OP. ;3

Alternative Post: FORUMING: You are doing it RIGHT!

EDIT: Btw guys, I am still working up a few more additions to the OP. Don't fret if this one goes to 100 or further, i will have a new thread for yall soon. ;3

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Entaru wrote: »
    I know the Mouths have always had a play what you like philosophy, but are we still overabundant on tanks?

Yeah; at least half our active players (read: like six) are either playing Chosen or have some sort of tank alt (at rank 40, in some cases).

It's a sickness.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    I never unsubscribed!

The problem with 1.3 is that it seems so damn good that I couldn't bear to trudge through the wastes of Tier 3. Some solid scenario changes with amazing Shaman changes will make leveling more FUN.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You can also go to the Land of the Dead while trudging through Tier 3. Ya know, bonus. :^:

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You can also go to the Land of the Dead while trudging through Tier 3. Ya know, bonus. :^:

Yeah you will be bolstered to Rank 36 and expect to be making huge exp! :D

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »

Yeah; at least half our active players (read: like six) are either playing Chosen or have some sort of tank alt (at rank 40, in some cases).

It's a sickness.

Ok, Alt will be some form of DPS then.

Edit: Actually, It will be a Magus.

Edit Edit: It also looks like class balance changes will not be in 1.3.

Linky

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    anyone have any success with nhancer yet?

is that something i should go shout to the masses about in the game's official forums?

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    anyone have any success with nhancer yet?

is that something i should go shout to the masses about in the game's official forums?

It made it work well enough that I can now feel ok with going a full 1280x800. (stupid laptops)

Seidkona on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You know what would be awesome? If scenarios were done away with entirely, but the exact same concepts were implemented as PQ's, with a sort of "tag team" limit to the number of active participants, inside RvR lakes. They would be shorter, and after completing they'd somehow scatter the players in a way that would encourage more RvR. They would also spawn in randomly rotated places, so that players would search the area for them, thereby encountering each other by accident.
    Every now and then at various times of the day a zone is filled to the brim with zergs from both sides, and causing a ton of lag all over the zone. This is why as much of the pvp should be instanced, really (FOOOOOOORTS! >:[ ).

Heh, wrong quote

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    What IS nhancer?

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I bumped my CPU to just over 4ghz last night. I didn't have a chance to do any pvp, but it actually had an effect on how fast models loaded in game - close to instant upon logging in while in a populated area.

I'll hit up some scenarios tonight and see how much of an effect it has.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    nvidia has a program that acts as a control panel for your video card, however it is complicated and difficult to use.

nhancer gives you a much more user friendly interface and the option to only manipulate your video card when you run certain .exe's. (like war)

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    are you overclocking or adding new hardware?

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Overclocking. New hardware is in the next month or so.

I'm guessing Nhancer is Nvidia nly?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    PhosPhos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I got to try out the new zone last night, but unfortunately it took destruction 20+ minutes to even push out the main gate as order camped it. I ended up having to get to bed by the time we finished off the order warbands.

Holding my thoughts until I see more and we get closer to release, but I'm worried about my DOK. Can't heal effectively on the back end (keeping people up) and even with the new detaunt tactic I didn't notice much of a difference in survivability midfield and front lines.

Although I do agree something needed to be done, it just feels like they went a bit overboard... I hope this doesn't turn from who can spam group heals the fastest to which team can rez fastest and overwhelm the opposition.

Still need to do more testing after playing with my stats (I'm Init/wounds/willpower heavy atm) but we'll see.

Phos on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    um. i -think- so... but what is your video card model?

also if your processor is dual core, u want some form of software that forces it to function (warhammer tries to stop you from it for some reason)

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    what

Warhammer doesn't stop two cores from working.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    also if your processor is dual core, u want some form of software that forces it to function (warhammer tries to stop you from it for some reason)

Explain?

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Phos wrote: »
    I'm worried about my DOK.
    Don't, because apparently you (and Warrior Priests) have just received a stay of execution. That's official on the EU forums, there's nothing on the NA herald yet, but I have a hard time imagining that they'd fork their patches for NA and EU.

Edit: Synopsis for anyone who can't read game-related forums at work: no Combat and Careers changes in 1.3. Apparently it's going to be LotD only, and all the stat contribution changes, AoE changes and class balance changes are getting postponed to a later patch.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I.. I actually think nHancer might have actually done something.
    Maybe.
    I guess I'll find out when I try and do some RVR tomorrow..

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Explain?

Don't know about this - I'm at work now, but I recall seeing at least 4 of my cores going pretty hardcore with War up, maybe even all 8 (or the other fake 4). Could be mistaken though I guess, I'll have to wait until later today to confirm it.

Sherlok on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    See, I could have sworn my little old 5000+ dual core at only 2.4 Gh was screaming in pain the last time I tried to play.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sherlok wrote: »

Explain?

Don't know about this - I'm at work now, but I recall seeing at least 4 of my cores going pretty hardcore with War up, maybe even all 8 (or the other fake 4). Could be mistaken though I guess, I'll have to wait until later today to confirm it.

It might not take advantage of all four cores, but that's to be expected because really, no games take advantage of four cores yet.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Edit: Synopsis for anyone who can't read game-related forums at work:

Be thankful, since that means you don't have the ability to read those forums.

Ye gods, the stupid. :x

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    well... i remember reading somewhere people complaining that they could not utilize mutliple processor cores while playing warhammer.

i'm not sure why that is, and i'm not even 100% sure i'm not thinking of Age of Conan

however the fact that nhancer gives you the ability to FORCE dual core processing seemed promising.

i haven't toggled the option off to see if it made a difference, to be fair

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    well... i remember reading somewhere people complaining that they could not utilize mutliple processor cores while playing warhammer.

i'm not sure why that is, and i'm not even 100% sure i'm not thinking of Age of Conan

however the fact that nhancer gives you the ability to FORCE dual core processing seemed promising.

i haven't toggled the option off to see if it made a difference, to be fair

It didn't seem to do anything when I played with the dual core toggle. Your Mileage. . .

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    all i know is that my game runs like silk after i clicked all those doodads and doohickies in nhancer.
    (after studying about what they all meant for a good hour or two)

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ALSO vista users may find that windows will stop nhancer from auto-starting on login.

please remedy that if you wish to utilize nhancer

eatmosushi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Age of Conan was the game that required you to disable cores on some processors to prevent crashes.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I need some technical help. I've got a Logitech G13 game pad, and a Logitech G5 mouse. Neither are recognized by WAR. I really can't play this game without my 5 button mouse and game pad. Anyone have any problems with this? or better yet solutions? I've got Alt and Shift mapped the the mouse side buttons, and then standard stuff on the gamepad. I've used the key profiler and the gamepad recognizes that I'm playing warhammer, but the game doesn't recognize any button actuation.

Also with the mouse I just tested it and shift works in every other program on this computer.

italianranma on
    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    DetharinDetharin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Great, so it looks like they decided to remove the Combat and Career changes from 1.3 and make it just the land of the dead stuff. Do they not seem to understand people are bailing from the game because of the broken class balance? C&C needs more testing, but hell the toughness change alone was a good one for tanks. The AOE changes were needed, and now they are pulled and tossed on the back burner. This situation sucks, they just ripped out the only real parts of this patch i cared about.

Detharin on
This discussion has been closed.