Did some searching around but it seems this topic never came up before.
I, like a growing number of people in North America, have a food allergy to peanuts. Peanut allergies cause a variety of reactions. Most are mild and can include anything from an upset stomach to headaches. For some people however the reaction is far more serious. Some people can't stand being in the same room as a person who has eaten peanuts hours before. For most people this allergy also extends to other nuts such as almonds, walnuts and cashews.
In my case the reaction falls somewhere in between. I have no problem being around peanuts. But if I happen to eat any then I am in big trouble. One tenth of a peanut will make me very sick. Half a peanut will send me to the hospital. Luckily such incidents are very rare, but they generally result from a lack of information.
I was curious if any of you guys have food allergies as well, and how you manage them. As well I have a couple of questions.
- Are there any commonly available foods that should be avoided as "risky"?
- How aware are restaurants, bars and other eateries of food allergies?
- Are the Enforcers aware of the signs of distress and what to do in an emergency?