The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Murder, she [Chat]

1568101141

Posts

  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    favorite webcomic books?

    I'm preordering the achewood one, and I have dinosaur comics and exploding dog books already

    Medopine on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dune? Benadryl is cheaper.

    Ludious on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    bye chat

    Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    bye chat

    BYE

    Drez on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Dune? Benadryl is cheaper.

    I will break your bones.
    Drez wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Medopine, Amazon has Red Mars for free as a Kindle book so I downloaded it to my iPhone for later!

    They actually have a Red Mars/Green Mars bundle for the price of just one book. I assume that's why Red Mars is free on it's own.

    Yeah I saw that too.

    The Kindle 2's price was lowered to $299. I really don't think I'd buy many electronic books. Maybe newspapers.

    Sarksus on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    I have like five Dune books

    Medopine on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So this is what I decided:

    king: way too large
    queen: probably too large, just on the brink... but too expensive, even if it'd fit
    full: no point; while wider than a twin, it's not longer than a twin, and the length is the most annoying part of getting a twin.

    So, twin or twin x-tra long. Seems the x-tra long is a little uncommon in big box stores, is more expensive, and doesn't have as many readily available sheets and stuff. On the plus side, it would give me plenty of room to stretch my legs. A regular twin is narrow and short, but whatever it's cheap.

    So I'm thinking either twin or queen if it'd fit and I see a good deal. I figure if I'm going to pay more for a longer bed I might as well pay a little more if I can get more width too. I probably can't though. But in any case: 85% likelihood of buying twin, 10% of buying queen, 5% of buying twin x-tra long.

    Organichu on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    does anyone have a wondermark book

    Medopine on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    I have like five Dune books

    Buy them again.

    Do you have 1984, Fahrenheit 451, or Brave New World?

    We were talking about The Count of Monte Cristo yesterday, I like that book a lot.

    Terry Pratchett's Discworld?

    I know a trilogy of books that involves Middle Eastern transexual prostitutes in the future!?

    Sarksus on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kevin J Anderson: As good as the original dune, or best dune ever?

    Ludious on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    So this is what I decided:

    king: way too large
    queen: probably too large, just on the brink... but too expensive, even if it'd fit
    full: no point; while wider than a twin, it's not longer than a twin, and the length is the most annoying part of getting a twin.

    So, twin or twin x-tra long. Seems the x-tra long is a little uncommon in big box stores, is more expensive, and doesn't have as many readily available sheets and stuff. On the plus side, it would give me plenty of room to stretch my legs. A regular twin is narrow and short, but whatever it's cheap.

    So I'm thinking either twin or queen if it'd fit and I see a good deal. I figure if I'm going to pay more for a longer bed I might as well pay a little more if I can get more width too. I probably can't though. But in any case: 85% likelihood of buying twin, 10% of buying queen, 5% of buying twin x-tra long.

    twin extra long is what college dorms have, so during back to school season there are a lot more twin extra long sheet sets in stores

    Medopine on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Kevin J Anderson: As good as the original dune, or best dune ever?

    Kevin J Anderson wrote very good Star Wars novels.

    _J_ on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    I have like five Dune books

    Buy them again.

    Do you have 1984, Fahrenheit 451, or Brave New World?

    We were talking about The Count of Monte Cristo yesterday, I like that book a lot.

    Terry Pratchett's Discworld?

    I know a trilogy of books that involves Middle Eastern transexual prostitutes in the future!?

    ...what's that last one now

    Medopine on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k Check out those ports! Sunland, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    favorite webcomic books?

    I'm preordering the achewood one, and I have dinosaur comics and exploding dog books already
    I've been impressed with the improving quality of the Penny Arcade books. The PvP collections are fun but aren't as complete as I'd like them to be (roll on Awesomology). Kris Straub does wonderful things with his Starslip collections, going so far as to include technical details and historical information. I want to start doing that with the Jump Leads books.

    Speaking of Jump Leads books, I'll be selling them at this year's Comic-Con. If anyone here is going to be there, let me know who you are when you pop by the booth and I'll shave a couple of bucks off the asking price.

    Squirminator2k on
    portscenter-pa.gif
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Kevin J Anderson: As good as the original dune, or best dune ever?

    I haven't read any of his or Herbert's son's books so you can't incite fury in me.

    Sarksus on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I need a king-size bed for my king-size dick.

    Drez on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yalborap wrote: »
    Fuck. Hard drive permanently bit the big one. Got the laptop out again. Miss screen real estate.
    Plug your laptop into your monitor for MASSIVE SAVINGS.

    Desktop is an imac. Doesn't work that way.

    yalborap on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »

    I know a trilogy of books that involves Middle Eastern transexual prostitutes in the future!?

    What series is this?

    Cinders on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Organ y'know you could always save a few bucks and share my bed :winky:

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    I have like five Dune books

    Buy them again.

    Do you have 1984, Fahrenheit 451, or Brave New World?

    We were talking about The Count of Monte Cristo yesterday, I like that book a lot.

    Terry Pratchett's Discworld?

    I know a trilogy of books that involves Middle Eastern transsexual prostitutes in the future!?

    ...what's that last one now

    It's the Marid Audran trilogy by George Alec Effinger. They're cyberpunk novels set in the Middle East and there are a lot of transsexual prostitutes. The first book is When Gravity Fails.

    Sarksus on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Medopine do you know anything about twin x-tra longs? Buying beds in general? The dude at Mattress Giant told me they only stock Seely's (whih is apparently a decent brand? I've never bought a bed, I slept in whatever my family had as a kid then a generic dorm bed at school... couches and floors ever since) in terms of twin x-tra longs. The cheapest queen was like $600. The cheapest twin was like $250. I know I shouldn't skimp on something this important but considering I have been sleeping on the floor for a while I think any bed would be a profound step up.

    Organichu on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k Check out those ports! Sunland, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was going to suggest Medo pick up our book (because, y'know, I'm a massive whore) but that cyberpunk trilogy sounds good.

    Squirminator2k on
    portscenter-pa.gif
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh! A Fire Upon The Deep by Vernor Vinge.

    It's wonderful!

    http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Upon-Deep-Zones-Thought/dp/0812515285

    It takes place in the Milky Way Galaxy where numerous races mingle together. There's a galaxy spanning Internet with a Usenet-like mailing list and the Milky Way Galaxy is divided into Zones of Thought which determines what kind of technology can be used. For example Earth is located in a lower zone of thought and that is why we can't have FTL travel or transhuman artificial intelligences. There are things called Powers, basically transcended super-intelligent beings and all kinds of crazy shit!

    Sarksus on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Medopine do you know anything about twin x-tra longs? Buying beds in general? The dude at Mattress Giant told me they only stock Seely's (whih is apparently a decent brand? I've never bought a bed, I slept in whatever my family had as a kid then a generic dorm bed at school... couches and floors ever since) in terms of twin x-tra longs. The cheapest queen was like $600. The cheapest twin was like $250. I know I shouldn't skimp on something this important but considering I have been sleeping on the floor for a while I think any bed would be a profound step up.

    if I were you I'd get a full or queen

    Medopine on
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Organ y'know you could always save a few bucks and share my bed :winky:

    oh, my

    Organichu on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    grumble

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k Check out those ports! Sunland, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jealous, Podly?

    Squirminator2k on
    portscenter-pa.gif
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I recommend A Fire Upon The Deep above the trilogy I mentioned earlier because to be honest I don't trust myself to recommend certain cyberpunk. I like the Takeshi Kovacs trilogy, for example, but I've heard good arguments as to why that trilogy is shit. My tastes are probably not very good.

    Sarksus on
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you can find a Sleep Comfort store, I'm sure they'll have some twin extra long sheets. They'll try to sell you a 5-600$ mattress to go with it, but ehh.

    Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Bob Newhart was on Friday's Tonight Show.

    He's my favorite.

    _J_ on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Medopine do you know anything about twin x-tra longs? Buying beds in general? The dude at Mattress Giant told me they only stock Seely's (whih is apparently a decent brand? I've never bought a bed, I slept in whatever my family had as a kid then a generic dorm bed at school... couches and floors ever since) in terms of twin x-tra longs. The cheapest queen was like $600. The cheapest twin was like $250. I know I shouldn't skimp on something this important but considering I have been sleeping on the floor for a while I think any bed would be a profound step up.

    I find queen to be quite comfortable for 2 people.

    RiemannLives on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jealous, Podly?

    nah, I'm just sucking at doing stuff right now

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jealous, Podly?

    I told him I didn't wanna ruin the friendship

    Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well really the "can't find sheets for it" thing is just a minor grumble. The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width? I don't want a full because the length is more important (my being 6'2").

    Basically I guess if I pay for a twin x-tra long I'll be mad because I'll be shelling out more dough and only gaining leg room but if I pay for a full I'll be even more mad because I'll be shelling out more dough and only gaining width which I care about less than leg room.

    Optimally I want leg room and rolling around room (width) but shit that's money and a lot of space in my room.

    ---

    t medo: thanks for your advice.

    Organichu on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, and if anyone is looking for some absolutely superb sci-fi they probably haven't read you can't go wrong with Poul Anderson.

    Best places to start: Trader to the Stars, Earth Book of Stormgate or Ensign Flandery.

    I have read a lot of sci-fi over the years. Just about everything every written by Herbert (which is a lot more then Dune), Heinlein, Asimov (even his 1000+ page volume of commentary on Shakespeare) etc... and I think Poul Anderson is probably the best sci-fi author of all time.

    RiemannLives on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k Check out those ports! Sunland, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?

    SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SIG THIS. DEAR GLOD, SOMEBODY NEED TO SIG THIS.

    Squirminator2k on
    portscenter-pa.gif
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?

    SOMEBODY NEEDS TO SIG THIS. DEAR GLOD, SOMEBODY NEED TO SIG THIS.
    ok

    EDIT:Done

    Gorilla Salad on
    Organichu wrote: »
    The main rub is that, fuck, I'm already paying some to upgrade the length... why not pay a little bit more to upgrade the length AND width?
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh fuck none of these prices include bed frames?

    *Jew blood pressure creeps higher yet*

    Organichu on
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also A Fire Upon The Deep has a medieval alien race that look like wolves. One Tyne (the nickname they're given) is just a stupid animal, but they can join their minds together and become as intelligent as any human. They use their jaws as hands and coordinate their movements to use tools, clothing, etc. They have to stay at a distance from each other otherwise each physical mind interferes with another so cities are planned with really wide streets. It's neat.

    Sarksus on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    Jealous, Podly?

    nah, I'm just sucking at doing stuff right now

    if it makes you feel any better i will listen to your remix while i hump my girlfriend

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
1568101141
This discussion has been closed.