Options

About the forums last night

Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
At around 2 in the morning someone on vent observed this message when attempting to access the PA forums
Alpha mak linky[sic]
what was that about. I understand the servers were schedualed for stuff but instead of the normal message we got this beautiful greeting

Durandal Infinity on

• Options
    ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    It's happened before.

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    When the forums are turned off any mysql eats itself, then that comes up. I'm really not sure why.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2005
    When the forums are turned off any mysql eats itself, then that comes up. I'm really not sure why.

Me, you and orthanc should write our own forum software.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    He's already way ahead of you. It should be in an early alpha (teehee) stage by now.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Unless I'm mistaken, I believe he said he just thought about doing it (presumably with ruby on rails).

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Unless I'm mistaken, I believe he said he just thought about doing it (presumably with ruby on rails).
    I have a dev list up for it, but the work committed to it is low. I might be inviting people into the project, I just need to figure out a good way to go about it. That and I need some free time when the server isn't crapping its metaphorical pants.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I wrote my own forum once, mostly in response to the endless security alerts that phpbb is constantly producing. It's kind of nice being able to ignore the near-weekly messages that my webhost sends out warning about the software.

I only serve to a sustained load of 20 users though. Every once in a while when I look at the PA member list I crap my pants at the thought of putting a mysql database through that kind of load.

xzzy on
  • Options
    ch0pstikninjach0pstikninja Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I have a dev list up for it, but the work committed to it is low. I might be inviting people into the project, I just need to figure out a good way to go about it. That and I need some free time when the server isn't crapping its metaphorical pants.
    I've quite a bit of free time and I'm always willing to help...

ch0pstikninja on
  • Options
    edited July 2005

What about the other project?

Unknown User on