Options

[Shadowrun3] [Session 3 7/28] Stealing magical prototypes for fun and profit

12345679»

• Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Edit: What I really think you should do is not threaten to leave when I tell you it bothers the shit out of me when you flirt at me and my characters, because I know for sure you'd bitch when Esther inevitably accidentally sets you on fire or something because she hates your character.

I'll just leave it at that for now.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well the question I'm forced to ask myself at this juncture is, is it Esther who hates Absalom (which is totally fine and we can fun roleplaying that) or is it INNS who hates RU for the way he plays Absalom? At first I was sure it was the former, and I was having great fun playing up that aspect and getting under Esther's skin, I really thought we had a fun roleplaying rapport going.

But what I'm understanding right now is that you (as in you, INNS, the person) don't like my character (and, it appears, by extention, me) and that, unless I change him and my playstyle, I should expect him to be "inevitably" murdered by your character? Well I'm sorry, but I specifically signed on to play this game so that I could play this character. If my character isn't welcome in this campaign, then yes, I'm going to leave rather than be subject to constant drama and the prospect of having my character killed off ingloriously because another player doesn't like him. If we're not going to get along, then I'd rather know now, so that I can free up my Tuesday nights.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I don't really want to keep arguing with you in this thread. I'm not going to be heartbroken if you leave.

I will quote that annoying idiom though - "In-character actions have in-character consequences."

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And you don't get to dictate to others how you think they should roleplay. If your character has a problem with my character, then you deal with it in-character. When you start making personal value judgements and ascribing character traits to the real person behind the keyboard, that's a sign that you're having a hard time differentiating between reality and the game, and that, quite frankly, is quite worrying, in my opinion. You didn't see me flip out when piL roleplayed one of my contacts and flirted with me there, it was all in good fun. You are taking this way, way too seriously and made things uncomfortable for me to the point that I can no longer play.

In any case, message received, we're clearly not compatiable as players, and in the interest of not bogging down piL's campaign any further, I tender my resignation from the game. To the others: I apologize for the drama, I hope you have a great time, I'll be watching the thread.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You're making a lot of weird judgments.

I'm not going to approach the problem in-character by leaving. I'm going to try to handle it like an adult and tell you it's a problem. I do, and you threaten to leave.

My problems with you isn't your character, though - my problem with you is how you play the game and the weird I'm the only important player attitude you've got.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, and if the others feel that way too, then I apologize to them as well. I feel playing in character enhances the experience for everyone, which I believe was reinforced when I was awarded "best roleplayer" after night 1. If I was playing a more stoic, silent character, then I would roleplay that as well, as evidenced in my short tenure in the defunct Changeling game. I was playing my character as faithfully as I knew how, and I had no designs on "taking over the game" and resent any such insinuation to the contrary.

I've never had complaints on my playstyle before, but if my playstyle is hindering other people's enjoyment of the game, then it only makes sense for me to bow out, because it's not fair to the others if they feel I'm being given more attention than they are, and it's not fair to me to feel like I have to check myself before I type anything. Bowing out is the only option that makes sense in this scenario, and I'll thank you to stop further insinuating that I'm being childish for doing so.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Well, that wasn't really ideal.

Driving you out of the game wasn't really my intention.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Wow. Drama.

That could have been handled better on all sides, mine especially. There's a lot to learn from what happened here, but talking about it would probably just make people angrier and stubborn, so people should just look at this and try to figure out what went wrong on their own.

If people want some karma for homework, pick a contact and flesh him out; where'd you get his name, what does your character know about him, what doesn't your character know about him. What's he like to do in his spare time? Why does he do what he does? Does his like what he does? Does he like you, or does he work with you because he can't help but do so? That sort of stuff. The more questions answered, the better.

piL on
  • Options
    jidarjidar Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lol. another rpg getting uncomfortable and potentially ruined because virgin nerds can't make it through 2 sessions without trying to involve sex somehow. How incredibly stereotypical... and pathetic.

jidar on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, players, here we stand over a broken and battered game cut down before it's prime. It sits in ICU, and we watch it, time and effort slowly trickling down an IV. Sorry that I wasn't able to keep it together better.

EDIT: Actually, I'm just pulling the plug on this. Sorry again everyone.

piL on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    A sad story. :(

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No worries, it was fun while it lasted.

Verr on
  • Options
    illgottengainsillgottengains Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    .. I cast influence on everyone and make them friends again.

..0 successes

..damn

illgottengains on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've read this eight times and I still have no idea what the fuck happened.

I think I prefer it that way.

Edith Upwards on