As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

• Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh, I hadn't...

...yet.

>: )

Until my network advised otherwise of course. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    I hope you didn't have me in your to-kill list if the game went further on. :lol:
    thorgot wrote: »
    You were next on the list, B:L. It was actually a tossup between you and Malkor the last night.
    Oh, I hadn't...

...yet.

>: )

STILL MOAR LIES D:

Man, what exactly convinced you that I was a Johnson? O_o

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Dongs are naturally born liars.

Just ask precisionk and thorgot. ;)

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Dongs are naturally born liars.

Just ask precisionk and thorgot. ;)

Touché.

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Okay you little fuck. First of all you mixed up Dong with Johnson. Rygarz didn't say PrecisionK was a Johnson, Rygarz said he was a Dong.
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah, you're absolutely right, I just got the two mixed up. And sorry for misspelling your name; I know a Rygarz from a game I play, so I got your name and his mixed up as well. Yikes, two mix ups; I really went to mixing in that post!
    Rygar wrote: »
    Second of all, Senor Fish did seer PrecisionK and he was a Dong, and then he did seer me and I was a Johnson and we did start a network and opted to trust Thorgot. All of which I have said, all of which was true. You are using ignorance, pretend world logic, and facetiousness to call my very accurate rendition a pack of unmeshing lies. All from someone who didn't even really participate. Go kill yourself. You too gnasty.
    You quoted Senor Fish as saying, "I am the Johnson Family Seer, I have just seered you and know you are a Johnson. The other Johnson I seered was killed. Last night I seered PrecisionK and he is a Dong, what are we gonna do about it?"

According to that, he seered three people. If he "just" seered you, then you were the more recent of the three. If he seered PrecisionK the night before, then that was the middle seering. So the first person seered had to have been the earliest of the three. Thus, to be notified after the second night, would mean that one of those three people could not have been seered. That was the logic for the claim.

Aside from that, yeah, I was just trying to spin things enough to make a sweater out of them. I was fairly confident that, regardless of their relationship, thorgot and precisionk were working with each other for the Dong's benefit, and wanted to do what I could to aid them.

And I apologize if you feel my eighteen posts were lacking in content; when so many stars are on stage, it feels like stepping up too much would be blocking the view :)

Dizzen on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    To be honest, I mostly just tried to keep my head down and not attract attention and then go with my gut feeling on most of the kills. I was working solo until day 4 or so, when I was contacted by the (minimalist) Dong network.

Worked well enough, I suppose.
    Yeah, you did awesome. The only teamkill was one that didn't actually stop that person from playing; can't ask for more than that :)
    Also Sleep, if your reading, I forwarded all the pms you sent to me to Dizzen.

Just because I could.
    Man, Digger had me in the palm of his hand. If he hadn't have been killed on night two, I'd have been the biggest tool ever.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Dizzen wrote: »
    I was fairly confident that, regardless of their relationship, thorgot and precisionk were working with each other for the Dong's benefit, and wanted to do what I could to aid them.
    When you were offed after you had "suspicions" about them, and after thorgot "accidently" sent me a warning that was directed at you, I was extremely worried (D: ) that they were the lovers.

• Options
    edited March 2007
    Sorry again about that teamkill, Dizzen. XD

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Day 4:
    Precisionk (D) seered Hylianbunny (D)

Day 5:
    Precisionk (D) seered Avaritia (J)
    Hylianbunny killed Dizzen (D)
    I guess when you say the network was minimalistic, you meant it :P

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I was fairly confident that, regardless of their relationship, thorgot and precisionk were working with each other for the Dong's benefit, and wanted to do what I could to aid them.
    When you were offed after you had "suspicions" about them, and after thorgot "accidently" sent me a warning that was directed at you, I was extremely worried (D: ) that they were the lovers.

That actually was an accident, B:L.

And B:L, what "convinced us that you were a Johnson" was that everybody else but Malkor was almost certainly on our side. Elbonian Man had been very helpful, the lovers were probably telling the truth, Cantide didn't have any reason to be lying about his monkishness, and precisionk, bunny and I were above suspicion. So it was process of elimination. One or two of you, Malkor, and Archonex were Johnsons. Precisionk was investigating Archonex, bunny was killing Malkor, and I was going to kill you or Avaritia depending on if Avaritia was available.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Please kill dizzen. We will for sure nail a johnson tonight and I am seering the another one as well. We aren't 100% on dizzen, but there is a REAL good chance he may be a johnson.

Naturally, that was the night in which we nailed two Dongs, which got me very suspicious of precisionk until thorgot basically came and confirmed that he was fine. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Please kill dizzen. We will for sure nail a johnson tonight and I am seering the another one as well. We aren't 100% on dizzen, but there is a REAL good chance he may be a johnson.

Naturally, that was the night in which we nailed two Dongs, which got me very suspicious of precisionk until thorgot basically came and confirmed that he was fine. :P

Hahha, yeah that was a shot in the dark. We just had a good assumption he was a Johnson.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Absolutely no worries. It didn't hurt the family, and I got to play until the end. I am completely happy with that.
    Hahha, yeah that was a shot in the dark. We just had a good assumption he was a Johnson.
    grumble grumble...
    Hehe, well, after my first post, I guess I should have expected to get killed by you in one form or another.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    Damnit you aren't suppose to apologize Dizzen. :)

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hahha
    HAHAH

Hah...hah hah...

Hah... *cries*

It gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling to know that you guys held me in such high esteem :P

There's a LOT of holes in trust, but hey it worked out in the end 8-)

• Options
    edited March 2007
    Hahha
    HAHAH

Hah...hah hah...

Hah... *cries*

It gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling to know that you guys held me in such high esteem :P

There's a LOT of holes in trust, but hey it worked out in the end 8-)

Yes it did. Really, we didn't trust anyone. We just used everyone like filthy prostitutes for the good of the Dong family, whether you were a Dong or not. Even the people I seered Dong, I didn't necessarily trust, because people like to blab.

precisionk on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Also Sleep, if your reading, I forwarded all the pms you sent to me to Dizzen.

Just because I could.

I know. Heheh. I figured you were trying to play me. You did get me to suspect Thorgot, though. Good job!

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

That was also the same night he seered Avaritia as a Johnson. Guess you didn't get the memo :lol:

precisionk is really being honest here. We're just expendable Dongs D:

But I wouldn't have it any other way ;-)

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I knew something was pretty crazy at the beginning of the game. When I was posting yesterday, there were three things in my head:

Thorgot and PrecisionK were brothers, or they were lovers. I suppose I should have re read the entire thread, but meh. I figured if I was wrong, and Thorgot or PrecisionK was elected and WERE brothers, they wouldn't have offed each other anyway, or I could have voted for a third party who I expected to kill either Thor or PK, and if they were loves, they would have both perished, and brought down the ranks in each family by one.

Oh well.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The next day...
    precisionk wrote:
    Well looks like I was wrong on both Dizzen and Psycho.

Avaritia, however, is a Johnson 100%. Have him killed tonight.

What memo was not recieved? :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I realized thorgot was a Dong on the second round when he tried so hard to kill Digger Dude, who seemed most likely to be the Johnson Historian. I didn't trust precisionk at all so I just stayed the course anyway and voted for him at the end to get immunity. And then I died so I pretty much stopped paying attention - yesterday I figured precisionk was the only other one who might get elected so I took the gamble. I switched to Avaritia when she built up some support, since her Dong act was so blatantly overdone she must be a Johnson. I was hoping people wouldn't notice.

Also, my brother was not much help at all. I might have voted for him if he had put forth a competent election platform.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The next day...
    precisionk wrote:

My bad, I forgot that the seer info is given out the next day :x

• Options
    edited March 2007
    The next day...
    precisionk wrote:

Blame Thorgot, that was his choice on both.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    If it makes them feel better they died for the noble cause of the glory of Dong. >_>

*starts looking for the next Phalla game signups*

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    The next day...
    precisionk wrote:

Blame Thorgot, that was his choice on both.
    *shakes his fist impotently*

Like I said early on, "You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs."

You can't run a political coup without some friendly fire. D:

• Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pscyholarry was on our list because he was voting with the Rygar krew. Bad luck on his part, I guess. Dizzen because he was with Digger Dude the first day. (Though he had the most awesome posts of anybody, and I was sorry to see him go.)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    We should definitely do G&T Phallas more often. I have no interest in the in-character ones, roleplaying bores me to tears. I'm all about the metagaming.

Zek on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, this one was fun, although I would like to have seen it with 3 families instead of 2.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Indeed, Dizzen's posts were legendary.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Defense of this dastard is due for discontinuation! We should denounce this would-be defacto dictator determined to defenestrate dissidents for defying dubious decrees of his own dreadful design. Deny that despot of decadence, and demand
    decency in your day!
    Decree Digger Dude without delay!
    Zek you are reading too deep into it.

The avatar is hard to read, because thats not the point, the words...the pope...

you already know what it says...and it frightens you. Do not be scared. we all were once....but not anymore.
    De-emphasizing the demon's declaration as drivel while divulging his deceitful duplicity? Hmm... dutifully detailing your Don, or do I detect a dash of dejection with the despot?
    I belatedly bring my ballot to B:L's banner, benign as it be.
    Make mine Malkor

Brilliant.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Admittedly, I stole his style for his own death. PM to Aroduc on the 17th...
    Dizzen dies a dastardly death by disembowelement.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Cantide wrote: »
    Yeah, this one was fun, although I would like to have seen it with 3 families instead of 2.

Me too. :(

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    A devastatingly delivered demise.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Honestly I don't really like this style of Phalla. There's way too much guessing(at least, for those not lucky enough to be part of a big network). Even if you think somebody's lying about their role, for example, they still might be on your team. I prefer the traditional good roles vs. bad roles games, i.e. Werewolf. It's much more fun thinking that there's an evil minority lurking about.

Zek on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I had to spend way too much of it making blind guesses. By the time I actually knew something was up, and wanted to try planning something, I had no reason to, because it turned out the schemers were on my side. :P

I still didn't expect either of us to make it to the end. Shoot, not bad for my second try at this thing ever...

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    One thing I absolutely loved was the writing. Why, even if my life hadn't hung in the balance every night, I probably would have still been anxiously awaiting the write up!

Dizzen on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    It saddens me to see the end of this, as now I can no longer procrastinate on my essays.

Ah well. Dongs for life.

^5.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I am distraught and disgusted by this dynamic dirge dipping in and out of duly downplayed depression dutifully.

Does Dudley do Dan's dirtywork daily?

Did Dennis drown dark dried duck in daffodils and distilled beverages?

Dun dun DUN!

Elbonian Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Still procrastinatin' here, but oh the irony.

This essay is on Paradise Lost, and specifically reason and choice for Adam and Eve.

I go on a whim to check how many words I've got down.

There just happens to be precisely 666 words.

>_>

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

I am distraught and disgusted by this dynamic dirge dipping in and out of duly downplayed depression dutifully.

Does Dudley do Dan's dirtywork daily?

Did Dennis drown dark dried duck in daffodils and distilled beverages?

Dun dun DUN!
    Dang, dude.

Dizzen on