As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Registration glitch

EpicurusEpicurus Registered User new member
Hello PA boards - I bring tidings of a glitch when a new user registers as a member.

Upon filling everything out and clicking "submit", I received the message "could not enter data into Users table".

Thinking that perhaps I had made a syntax error somewhere along the line, I tried it a second time, but, alas! my name and e-mail had already been taken, or so I was told.

Knowing that this was impossible, I tried simply logging in, and lo, it worked fine. But new users might find it a bit of a stumbling block when they receive that error message upon registering.

My apologies if this has already been reported - I didn't see it.

Gaze upon my signature and weep!
"When I get a little money, I buy books. If there's any left, I buy food and clothes."
-Erasmus of Rotterdam
Epicurus on

• Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I thought registration was disabled after the 4chan shit

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Well then, I can only hope that no-one else reads this thread then. As for you, how would you like 5% of my Orscon Scott Card collection in exchange for your silence?

I've got the good Ender series books, the crappy Ender series books... everything.

Epicurus on
    "When I get a little money, I buy books. If there's any left, I buy food and clothes."
    -Erasmus of Rotterdam
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Registration got opened a few weeks ago, iirc. When was the 4chan incident?

Smasher on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Smasher wrote:
    Registration got opened a few weeks ago, iirc. When was the 4chan incident?
    About 12 hours ago I think

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DorkDork Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    Maybe he just disabled registration for the night...

This glitch seems like part of a larger problem that is being dealt with right now.

Dork on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    This sounds it could work well as a test to see if you're smart enough to register.

I still say there should be a spelling and general intelligence test on sign up though, or at least a sign saying "No riff-raff."

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    The board is just upset. I need to take it down later to revert a patch.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    You mean registration isn't closed? Damn I was hoping for an end to the new member ass-hattery :cry:

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    Wulf wrote:
    You mean registration isn't closed? Damn I was hoping for an end to the new member ass-hattery :cry:

Hey!

Oh, and re: a written or general intelligence test - Amen, brother (or sister) to that.

In fact, I have had a brewing notion in the dark corners of my mind that online gaming services plagued with idiots (a redundant turn of phrase, of course) such as Xbox Live should have multiple "leagues" - one of the requiring the submission of a 2000-word essay on why one should be admitted and a processing fee of $5. That way, everyone who is literate might play together with only minimal cockmongery to interfere.

But somehow that also seems like the kind of thing that might herald in an oppressive, dypstopian future...

oh well!

Epicurus on
    -Erasmus of Rotterdam