As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Aion] World of Lineage Wars:The Age of Reckoning

1575859606163»

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So, I've got a level 7 priest on Zikel, kind of still on the fence here. There seems to be a dearth of information, so if anyone would mind fielding a few questions I'd appreciate it.

What's the PvE like compared to WoW? I see that they're trying to do a main questline thing, sort of a guild wars feel to it. Does that work well? Is there a good selection of instances/dungeons, etc?

What is playing a higher level Cleric like? Is it just boring sit back and heal stuff or are you actually challenged. Would your party be significantly hurt by the lack of a Cleric or will a Chanter suffice for the most part?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ShujaaShujaa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got to Cleric level 22, and it's a blast so far. It's more than just healing, I can do decent damage output when I need to and soloing isn't bad at all. I have a stun, 2 different damage chains, a self-res spell (once per 30 min), a mana regeneration spell, a Root and a Blind (that one is from a Stigma).

I've been running people down in the open pvp zone, rooting them from a distance then going up close and smashing their face in.

Shujaa on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So did your soloable quests just up and dry up at level 18? I have nothing but Krall quests now, and when I can't get a group for them I don't know what to do. Am I supposed to take the teleport to another region?

Drool on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Ok, someone make a new thread. Let's see server info and updated everything, and make it shiny.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Drool wrote: »
    So did your soloable quests just up and dry up at level 18? I have nothing but Krall quests now, and when I can't get a group for them I don't know what to do. Am I supposed to take the teleport to another region?

Yea my 18 cleric is stuck with all group quests now. Game has been so linear so far I assumed the other regions would be on different lvl tiers so haven't tried going to them. If I actually join you guys in Live I may roll something else tho since we seem to have a ton of clerics.

Rakeeth on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got a chanter to 11. I know that's just getting started, but I seem to like it so far. Just the fact that i get to play a bard is awesome. I just don't have the heart to play again before launch knowing that it will all be gone T_T

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I got a chanter to 11. I know that's just getting started, but I seem to like it so far. Just the fact that i get to play a bard is awesome. I just don't have the heart to play again before launch knowing that it will all be gone T_T

Yeah that's kind of where I'm at. I don't like playing alone, and I don't want to get all attached to a character before a wipe. I'll wait till release to really get into it.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    RaiekRaiek Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I'm trying to join the PA channel on Nezekan and it's telling me "private channel does not exist". The string I should be using is /joinchannel PA wang, right? Is there just no one in it, or maybe it's full?

Raiek on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Raiek wrote: »
    So I'm trying to join the PA channel on Nezekan and it's telling me "private channel does not exist". The string I should be using is /joinchannel PA wang, right? Is there just no one in it, or maybe it's full?

If all the people in a channel log out it gets deleted. I think I was the only one creating it again, and I haven't been on Nezekan in a few days, every time I hopped in everyone was on Zikel.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Stretch_22Stretch_22 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So who's makin the new thread?

Stretch_22 on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I started up the PA channel on Nezekan again, I'll probably be playing for another hour.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    CostanzaKCostanzaK Only walks away from burning buildings. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There is no new thread. There is no need for it because you should all be trying to use http://paa-aion.guildlaunch.com!

I mean, come on. Mandres worked hard to make it.

But in other news, due to various reasons it is looking likely that we're going to have to choose new servers for the Live launch. So my question is, Do you want East Coast time or West Coast time?

So far we have it is 4 to 1 on people proclaiming their desire for the East Coast servers, but that may just be the Vocal Minority. So everyone try let me know your wish. You can cast your vote by going to:

http://paa-aion.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12903461&gid=108211#12903461

So let me know your feelings.

CostanzaK on
    "We shall Capture the Flag. We shall go on to the time limits.
    We shall fight in Hoth, we shall fight on the spaceports
    and the orbital stations, we shall fight with growing confidence
    and growing strength in the instances, we shall defend our Republic,
    whatever the cost may be.
    We shall Re-Spawn on the beaches, we shall camp the landing grounds,
    we shall PvP Flag in the fields and in the streets, we shall gank in the hills;
    we shall never uninstall."
    --Winston Churchwalker
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Australian players might be leaving the server anyway, since it's now an East server. If they do then Zikel should be fine, assuming we settle on an East server.

Also I can't vote in the poll, I guess my membership hasn't gone through or something.

edit: oh and I vote east

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    external forums or not there should be a new thread with the relevant info (PA servers, forums, etc) so that someone doesn't come in and make a AION thread every day saying "HAY GUISE WHER R TEH AION GULD?!?"

Also I vote West server >.>

Also Also I just apped to the guildlaunch guild. It should be under Kingshand with the e-mail address being related to a certain Transformer.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    SpindriftSpindrift Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Voting east. I'll vote on the guild forum when my application goes through.

Spindrift on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So yeah, I've looked around and I have nothing to do except grind, or try desperately to find a group not full of morons that doesn't wipe a million times on Krall. Why is it so hard to deal with two enemies in this game? I guess I could grind that one coin quest, but that's pretty boring. It's like they just said meh that's enough quests you can just wail on the same dudes over and over after level 18.

booooring

Drool on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So yeah, I've looked around and I have nothing to do except grind, or try desperately to find a group not full of morons that doesn't wipe a million times on Krall. Why is it so hard to deal with two enemies in this game? I guess I could grind that one coin quest, but that's pretty boring. It's like they just said meh that's enough quests you can just wail on the same dudes over and over after level 18.

booooring

Hopefully at release we'll all be at near the same level so we can run through those group quests together and not have to rely on PuGs.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    What Constitutes prime time? I play normally from about 10:00pm -fuck all who knows in the morning PST.

Should i play on the aussie server? The euro server?

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    "prime-time" in a MMO is usually 5-10pm for whatever locale the server is.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MandresMandres Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

booooring

I think it's more like they said "If you want to progress you need to do these campaign quests". If you don't want to grind mobs solo then group up and knock out the Krall campaign. It's fun, and the rewards are great (nice gear and up to 80k xp for each one).

Mandres on
  • Options
    CostanzaKCostanzaK Only walks away from burning buildings. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    CostanzaK wrote: »
    There is no new thread. There is no need for it because you should all be trying to use http://paa-aion.guildlaunch.com!

I mean, come on. Mandres worked hard to make it.

But in other news, due to various reasons it is looking likely that we're going to have to choose new servers for the Live launch. So my question is, Do you want East Coast time or West Coast time?

So far we have it is 4 to 1 on people proclaiming their desire for the East Coast servers, but that may just be the Vocal Minority. So everyone try let me know your wish. You can cast your vote by going to:

http://paa-aion.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12903461&gid=108211#12903461

So let me know your feelings.

Poll still going, and something I forgot before. The Password for instant membership to the boards is "wang"

CostanzaK on
    "We shall Capture the Flag. We shall go on to the time limits.
    We shall fight in Hoth, we shall fight on the spaceports
    and the orbital stations, we shall fight with growing confidence
    and growing strength in the instances, we shall defend our Republic,
    whatever the cost may be.
    We shall Re-Spawn on the beaches, we shall camp the landing grounds,
    we shall PvP Flag in the fields and in the streets, we shall gank in the hills;
    we shall never uninstall."
    --Winston Churchwalker
  • Options
    ShujaaShujaa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If you don't want to group up now, you'll have even less fun later.

Shujaa on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If someone doesn't make an op in 20 minutes, I will copypasta what's there and make a new one. I just got started on Open Beta this weekend on a whim after not really following the game, and I'm really enjoying the hell out of it.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd make the OP, but I'll be basically offline from Monday until the second day of headstart, which I can see being a problem.

Hit the website, voted PST. Looking forwards to hopping on with you guys whichever server gets chosen. Just avoid Siel/Israphel and the first server alphabetically.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I still have no pre-ordered... I'm not impressed enough to want to, but i really want to :|

hmm

I'm gonna log in to play my chanter a little bit more, maybe get a group going and see if I have fun. If it all works out, I'll go ahead and buy the game. But if not...

• Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Has there been any reports on how long it takes to get to max level?

Scroffus on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    naturalchaosnaturalchaos Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I definitely vote for a West Coast server. Of course, I'm not sure how much my vote should count as I'm not sure I'll be playing past the Head Start. So, do with that what you will but I'm going Asmo for the Head Start so, I'll see you guys on whatever server is chosen.

Edit: Someone should really lock this so idiots like me don't accidentally keep posting to it.

naturalchaos on
  • Options
    FragarachFragarach Never misses. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I still have no pre-ordered... I'm not impressed enough to want to, but i really want to :|

hmm

I'm gonna log in to play my chanter a little bit more, maybe get a group going and see if I have fun. If it all works out, I'll go ahead and buy the game. But if not...

From what friends who have played Kaion tell me, the game becomes a lot different at 40+ (you start to see it for what it is, a pretty PVP focused game). I too was hoping for open beta to seal the deal or break it for me, but since I want to play for the PVP and not the grind/PVE I really had no choice but to buy it and blindly play 'til 50 to see for myself. I just hope I don't end up with another fancy looking paperweight like my WAR box.

Fragarach on
This discussion has been closed.