As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

XBOX 360 / PS3 / Phantom / Neskimo's

lokimantislokimantis Registered User regular
edited July 2005 in PAX Archive
Greets, I thought I'd toss out a question as to whether we would all get a chance to check out the new xbox 360 / the PS3 (vaporware at E3) / The Phantom (which has been a PA topic of conversation for awhile) ... / the Neskimo's (and what time the neskimo's / minibosses are going on) ....cuz I want tix...

Anyhow... any chance to see 1 or all 4 of these beasts at PAX? ... Please hook a brotha up? (why does this feel so [adult swim]?)

£0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
As long as I don't do, what I'm planning on doing, everything will work out perfectly.
lokimantis on

• Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I don't think any for them will be out, before PAX.

Highfire on
  • Options
    lokimantislokimantis Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I was kind of hoping that the PAX folks would be able to pull some strings for demos. :)

lokimantis on
    £0kì/\/\ån7ì§ :
    As long as I don't do, what I'm planning on doing, everything will work out perfectly.
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited July 2005
    I know there will be at least one 360 title on display at PAX.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2005
    *hopes it will be Perfect Dark Zero*

...They had Halo 2 last year, why not PDZ this year?

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2005
    I'm betting that the 360 will be there, as will the Revolution(in some form). I hope.

The Neskimos will be there too. What time? One of the two concerts. Unless Khoo wants to elaborate, like he should've a while ago... :P

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo gave us something to look at in terms of revolution, but GBA Micro and DS will probably be the focus, with the flagship GCN titles there as well. I would say it will be about 60% DS based on their E3 showing. Probably a good thing, since last year people wondered if there were even games being developed for it.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    I know there will be at least one 360 title on display at PAX.

Will it be playable and will we be allowed to take pictures/video of it?

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Pictures and video were allowed last year. I don't remember them turning people away from the exhibition room if they had such things. Some of the games playable last year were:

Jade Empire
    Conker: Live & Reloaded
    Forza Motorsport
    Guild Wars
    Matrix Online
    Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (or whatever it's called)
    Several video presentations
    Warhammer card game
    Warmachine new models that weren't released yet (a very nice move)

HALO 2!!!! It was playable in the console room for the very first time since E3 (and even at E3 you needed a special pass to play it). At PAX they gave away tickets in the early morning the second day, and they were gone fast. You got to play for 10 minutes (one 10 minute team slayer round in Zanzibar).

People were selling their tickets for up to $120, it was nuts. Some people HAD to play it, while others (like myself) could wait till November. I sold my ticket for $30, because what is 10 minutes of play-time on a FPS?

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited July 2005
    Pictures and video were allowed last year. I don't remember them turning people away from the exhibition room if they had such things.

Oh I know, but I was curious because I don't recall seeing many pictures of 360 games running on bona fida TVs.[/url]

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1