As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlefield 1943, 1942+1 (First reviews in OP)

1252627282931»

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Loxley wrote: »
    However the historical accuracy argument gets thrown out the window when you consider the fact that the Japanese Scout uses a German sniper rifle

Well, the Japanese and Germans were allied with each other. I'm pretty sure Germany supplied some weapons to them.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The Japanese rifle in game is actually a prototype semi-auto that they developed in response to the M1 that never entered service during the war. So it has the slightest bit of historical backing!

Arrath on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Battlefield has never been about historical accuracy. It's a game with a semi realistic setting that they use to craft a fun sandbox-style game. Nothing is done for historical accuracy purposes, unless it helps gameplay.
    @Arrath: didn't realize that wasn't the M1, they look so similar.

In other BF1943 news, I've been on an epic 1943 binge lately, trying to reach my goal of Top 100 ranking. So far, I'm up to 182....so far still to go D:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Oh dear lord....

Just got done with two epic sessions against a team full of what were ranked as supposedly experienced players (several guys with multiple stars). Apparently they've gotten this far in the game without learning to turn auto-spawn off, because on Guadalcanal we quickly swarmed them and trapped them on a single flag, where they proceeded to spawn in endless waves of cannon fodder. When all was said and done, I had accumulated scores of 36-1 and 38-1 with over 1000 points each time as well as a lot of chuckles.

Right afterward, I get this message from one of the guys who I guess joined mid-round:
    Stop your fucking hacking you cunt. i WILL report you. ill rape and bury your family alive.

Oh Internet....you bring me so many lols sometimes :lol:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Oh dear lord....

Just got done with two epic sessions against a team full of what were ranked as supposedly experienced players (several guys with multiple stars). Apparently they've gotten this far in the game without learning to turn auto-spawn off, because on Guadalcanal we quickly swarmed them and trapped them on a single flag, where they proceeded to spawn in endless waves of cannon fodder. When all was said and done, I had accumulated scores of 36-1 and 38-1 with over 1000 points each time as well as a lot of chuckles.

Right afterward, I get this message from one of the guys who I guess joined mid-round:
    Stop your fucking hacking you cunt. i WILL report you. ill rape and bury your family alive.

Oh Internet....you bring me so many lols sometimes :lol:

The only time I've ever gotten this good of a hate message is when I repeatedly bombed a guy who kept taking the tank out of his spawn on guadalcanal. Actually both of my good hate messages were in response to bombing vehicles (the other was boats at spawn)

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is there no penalty for sending messages like that on Xbox Live? I guess I'm not good enough to have received such hate mail, but that's pretty fucked up.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    You can file complaints against people, and it lets you pick 'text message' as a specific issue, but you can pretty much be guaranteed it will have zero chances of getting the person in any kind of trouble.

Supposedly accounts only get flagged for review when they hit a certain number of complaints. The system is smart enough to weight complaints based on friends list.. which means if you and all your buddies send in a complaint, it's not treated with as much attention as if a dozen total strangers send in complaints.

xzzy on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    File Complaint gets reviewed within 3 business days.

Submit Player Review is the one that has to hit certain thresholds.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Why the fuck can`t I sign into EA. Raaaarrgggg

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on