How old is [chat], really?

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Senjutsu on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    And that is how you kill [chat] ladies and gentleman. Let's all thank Preacher for his participation with a warm round of applause.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ahhhhlalala

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    RRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTdl1vbRwdg

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So unfortunately I have to have my apartment spotless by Saturday so the landlady can show it to a prospective tenant.

But fortunately I'm having a party that night and everyone will just think I live like that 8-)

TL DR on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am depressed and sober

this cannot stand

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I looked at my toes this morning and discovered that they have become freakishly long in my absence.

What the hell toes. I leave you alone and come back to this?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am depressed and sober

this cannot stand
    chug chug chug chug

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Can I hold down food yet?

I'm guessing no.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    215526749_B5A4g-L-2.jpg

I am Tycho.

Organichu on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    did she call you yet?

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That was so fucking lame. I bought a new Xbox headset the other day. Haven't used it once. I try to play tonight and IT DOESN'T WORK.

What the fuck???

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Yep she is home and stuff. Now I have adrenaline-subsiding nausea.

Organichu on
  • Options
    LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    215526749_B5A4g-L-2.jpg

I am Tycho.

I have seen this comic many, many times. This was the first time I noticed the decoration on the cup.

Linden on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Woo for a friend dropping by to see how I am. Now we are thinking tenative plans for Vegas in a few months when I am all better and we can grab everyone for a trip.

So what did I miss [chat]?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    this frozen yogurt is delicious

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My sister-in-law is trying to figure out if it's legal to a rip a dvd she owns to her computer. I guess that's the first question because if it's not then I will not ask the second question.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    My sister-in-law is trying to figure out if it's legal to a rip a dvd she owns to her computer. I guess that's the first question because if it's not then I will not ask the second question.

so if it is illegal, she will not do it?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

As long as you don't plan on sharing it or selling rip away.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I am depressed and sober

this cannot stand

booooooooo

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    also quid has a sister?

heeeee

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sarksus wrote: »
    That was so fucking lame. I bought a new Xbox headset the other day. Haven't used it once. I try to play tonight and IT DOESN'T WORK.

What the fuck???

Have you used one before? Sure you're doing it right?

Because XBox gear can be a pain in the ass.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

so if it is illegal, she will not do it?

More like if it's illegal and I can't ask what she'd need to do it because of rules here I will not.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

legal.

unless she has to perform some sort of bypass.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009

It is generally considered acceptable to make a back-up copy for personal use provided that only one copy is ever in use and neither gets loaned out to a third party.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »

What the fuck???

Is there something more to it than plugging it in and flipping the on switch?

I used one for GTA4 awhile ago.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    also quid has a sister?

heeeee

He has a brother who is married. :P

radroadkill on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Gonna guess no, but only because as far as the DMCA is concerned a DVD is encoded, meaning anything that can decode (play, rip) it without coughing up to the media cartels is illegal. I'm pretty sure that otherwise it's perfectly permissible to make a copy for personal use or to facilitate storage, backup, or use of legally owned content.

edit: So as far as she is concerned it's probably fine.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Gonna guess no, but only because as far as the DMCA is concerned a DVD is encoded, meaning anything that can decode (play, rip) it without coughing up to the media cartels is illegal. I'm pretty sure that otherwise it's perfectly permissible to make a copy for personal use or to facilitate storage, backup, or use of legally owned content.

Yeah if you have to bypass anything to make the rip then its illegal but if the dvd rips without any copy protection work arounds i'm pretty sure you're good.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    bone daddy wrote: »

It is generally considered acceptable to make a back-up copy for personal use provided that only one copy is ever in use and neither gets loaned out to a third party.

what if you run two copies on two screens for the stereoscopic effect

what then

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What Timothy said. It's pretty much agreed upon that it is legal to make a single back-up copy for yourself, as long as you don't share it.

However, in order to do so you would have to break the DVD encryption, which I think is illegal, or at least cannot be discussed here. It's kind of a catch-22 of bullshit.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What the fuck???

It's a plug-in kind? Have you made sure that the volume is up?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What the fuck???

The volume is up. I can hear people but they can't hear me.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Most DVDs these days come with a 2nd disc on which there is a digital copy that can be easily uploaded onto your computer. She should check those out.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What the fuck???

The volume is up. I can hear people but they can't hear me.

Is your mic button on?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009

what then

MPAA fucks you in the ear, gives you tinnitus, and then doesn't return your phone calls.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So I have this speaker box that a guy left when he moved out of the apartment complex. He's a DJ. There are two speakers in it, about 9" in diameter, and another tiny speaker on either side of them. I took apart a broken pair of headphones, popped out a speaker, and was able to get sound from it via my Zune, but only for a second (which I attribute to the headphones having been fucked to begin with).

How easy / worthwhile would it be to just take some 3.5mm cable from my PC to these speakers, either directly or by splicing it onto some speaker wire? Am I going to get everything set up and realize that my on-board sound doesn't put out enough juice to sound decent?

TL DR on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

what then

MPAA fucks you in the ear, gives you tinnitus, and then doesn't return your phone calls.

It doesn't return your calls? Did they tell you they would, because if they told you they would and you're just waiting by the phone and you were sure she had a good time, I mean, c'mon, the evening seemed pleasant enough then why won't she call back, it's just so hurtful, if she knew how it was making me feel

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

what then

It doesn't return your calls? Did they tell you they would, because if they told you they would and you're just waiting by the phone and you were sure she had a good time, I mean, c'mon, the evening seemed pleasant enough then why won't she call back, it's just so hurtful, if she knew how it was making me feel

:cry:

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    FUCK ME THE XBOX MUTED MY MICROPHONE IN ITS PREFERENCES.

I NEVER TOLD IT TO DO THAT.

BOTH OF MY HEADSETS WORK.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.