As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Only 3 of 763 Patriot Act wiretaps in 2008 were about terrorism. 65% were Drug cases

2»

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This isn't Splinter Cell. We don't spy on our own citizens without going through the proper channels.

You know, that whole protection against unreasonable search and seizure in the fucking Constitution of the United Fucking States?
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Look, I saw those PSAs during the first half of this decade. If I pawn a TV to buy a joint I might as well be handing Bin Laden a chunk of uranium and a copy of 'Nuclear Bombs for Dummies'. We can't take chances when it comes to terrorists, and if we have to search some street dealer's apartment to keep the WMDs out of the terrorists hands, so be it!

Tomanta on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    I think we have a good chance of being stuck with the PATRIOT act even if someone gets it in front of the Supreme Court.

Call me cynical; I certainly am. That being so however, I still don't see our constitutional rights being restored from this in the foreseeable future.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.