Options

[Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles] : Now owned by Nickelodeon.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Joe Chemo wrote: »
    I asked that very question in this thread yesterday!

Apparently he had a furry ninja girlfriend named Ninjara.

A ninja named Ninjara. Yeah...

Lemme guess, the entire furry community masturbated furiously to this, right?

i'm sure they do already to the concept of 4 turtles and a rat in the sewers

afterall.... it gets pretty lonely down there....

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I played the hell out of the TMNT RPG back in the day.

Bio-E points were the shiznit.

"But if I give up hands and speech, I can breathe underwater."
    That was the one made by Palladium, right? I used to run a Rifts campaign where one of the player characters was a mutant animal from the TMNT universe who had travelled through time.

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Seeing this thread was good timing. Just the other day I managed to stumble across this little box of awesome for a mere $20.....

tmntproduct1.jpg

holy balls, do want

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ceno wrote: »
    So, if one were an aspiring game designer with no coding experience - just artistic, and one had drafted a design document that he or she feels would result in an awesome game based on a license (such as the turtles), what would the next step be? Contacting the game company that holds the license and asking them to review it?

The first step would be either learning how to code or employing a programmer to do your coding for you

Then, make your game and get it published over something like Live or 360's Creators Community, sans license cause you don't want your ass sued

Hopefully it does well and whatever company you want to work for will hire you, probably as a grunt programmer/ artistic design guy

Then maybe, maybe, maaaaaaaaaaaaybe, over many years, get promoted eventually to game director/producer, and finally having laterality to make the game you always wanted

Or, you can send your idea in to the game company, and they'll be legally obligated to reject your idea out of hand, most likely whilst laughing at you for your foolishness

Rent on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, just reading that makes me exhausted. Hooray for bureaucracy!

Ceno on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, just reading that makes me exhausted. Hooray for bureaucracy!

Oh man, I was worried you were going to take what I said the wrong way

I know how aggravating it must be to have someone piss on your dreams

But yeah. Basically, the games industry is no different than the movies/TV/etc industry...they're not gonna take your TOTALLY RAD idea about how KITT and MacGuyver team up to blow up Voltron on top of Mecha-Godzilla

Luckily, if it's something you truly care about, breaking "into" the industry isn't difficult, just time-consuming. Coding is surprisingly easy to learn, just incredibly boring to do

Rent on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wait, how did you get your hands on my design document?

Ceno on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    ninjaturtles_powerrangers.jpg

So I was already done with Power Rangers by the time whatever-season-this-is rolled around, so apparently I missed the little gem of info that there was a TMNT crossover. Really ... you ain't missing much. If you acknowledge that these two universes have crossed paths, you're like 90% good on the subject.

Or you know Youtube it if you really need to.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so do these turtles not age at all? next movie should be TMNT=Thirtiesaged Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    you know where they learn that the real world isnt all fun and beating up foot soldiers and the maintenance of the turtle mobile isnt so cheap anymore so they have to pick up miscellaneous jobs to keep their crime fighting hobby going. April got fired from her news agency after a big scandal involving baby daddies and turtles and casey is in and out of rehab for his meth addiction and somewhere along the line and...
    i can't go further with this, i'm even depressing myself

in other news
    TURTLE POWER!

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Joe Chemo wrote: »
    I asked that very question in this thread yesterday!

Apparently he had a furry ninja girlfriend named Ninjara.

A ninja named Ninjara. Yeah...

Lemme guess, the entire furry community masturbated furiously to this, right?

I think she's fairly obscure. Oddly enough while a GIS will show fan pr0ns of her stroking Raph off, I don't see a scan from when they were in the same bed in the comics.

Ninja Turtles comics got really goddamn weird near the end.

Like when the Turtles were having conversations with Yin/Yang symbols.

--

I actually about half of these:

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/archie/archie.htm

--

I actually might be wrong about WHO Raph was banging, as this suggests that he found a DIFFERENT Fox girl, and I'm pretty sure I'm remembering the future timeline.

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_articles/505/

So I guess Raph is a dirty turtle slut.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    so do these turtles not age at all? next movie should be TMNT=Thirtiesaged Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    you know where they learn that the real world isnt all fun and beating up foot soldiers and the maintenance of the turtle mobile isnt so cheap anymore so they have to pick up miscellaneous jobs to keep their crime fighting hobby going. April got fired from her news agency after a big scandal involving baby daddies and turtles and casey is in and out of rehab for his meth addiction and somewhere along the line and...

in other news
    TURTLE POWER!

Turtles age really well. They might get arthritis and some of their eyes will turn red, but they look the same for the most part.

MKR on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

in other news
    TURTLE POWER!

I think they're in their 30's in the recent volume of comics right now. They even killed off
    Splinter from old age.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    agoaj wrote: »

in other news
    TURTLE POWER!

I think they're in their 30's in the recent volume of comics right now. They even killed off
    Splinter from old age.

So this means no little splinters scittering around in the trash. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    God I'd love for some developer to make a Turtles game with the love that Arkham Asylum got. A combo of stealth and action, solid T rating, and the multiplayer would be a new arcade game in the vein of the originals. And, damnit, I want to be able to have all red masks on the Turtles as a customization option (even if if is confusing).

I've been on a Re-shelled bender so it's got mind working...

Ceno on
  • Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Seeing this thread was good timing. Just the other day I managed to stumble across this little box of awesome for a mere $20.....

tmntproduct1.jpg

MUST.....HAVE..... NOW!

Please, tell us where you'd obtained this masterpiece of AWESOME good sir?

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Found it in a Sunrise Records store. I really don't know if the stores are only in Canada or not.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The first movie has aged very well. The second, not so much.

They don't make 'kids' movies like that anymore.

-You're claustrophobic!

-You want a punch in the mouth? I never even LOOKED at another guy!

TMNT was okay. Needed more of the foot girl.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I've actually just started watching the 2002 series. I'm four episodes in.

Um, does it get better? Mike's catchphrases are getting old, Baxter Stockman is generic and annoying, the plots are paper-thin and the voice acting is a little iffy. I realize it takes some series a while to warm up, but this has just been meh so far.

It gets much better. and is consistently enjoyable right until they do the Fast forward season.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have exactly one TMNT comic and it is the weirdest fucking thing. There are these guys running around stealing shit and when the turtles stop them they commit suicide and their faces melt off, and Leonardo is running a dojo, and Raphael has an eyepatch, and Donatello has what I can only figure is Hitler's brain in a jar.

WTF.

As to the new 2002 series, I liked it. It grows a beard when Shredder first almost kills them, IIRC. Also, crazy aliens. And Baxter slow decline into a crazy robot.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    I have exactly one TMNT comic and it is the weirdest fucking thing. There are these guys running around stealing shit and when the turtles stop them they commit suicide and their faces melt off, and Leonardo is running a dojo, and Raphael has an eyepatch, and Donatello has what I can only figure is Hitler's brain in a jar.

WTF.

As to the new 2002 series, I liked it. It grows a beard when Shredder first almost kills them, IIRC. Also, crazy aliens. And Baxter slow decline into a crazy robot.

I've really got to sit down one of these days and actually watch the entire thing.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009

IIRC that the Image series that Laird has retconned out of existence.

The Brain is Stockman I believe.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I don't know. It was hooked up to some crazy giant TV monitor and was displaying what looked like WWII with nazi banners all over the place and stuff. It could be some random other person from WWII, but my money is seriously on Hitler's brain.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Saw this in the Smash Up thread and couldn't resist putting here... Ah, the memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqbjIrMznBA

Edit: removed... blargh

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    o_O

I was hoping they wouldn't play up the campy-ness quite so much. Also, what's with the new voices? All the original cast are still alive. Most aren't older than mid-50's.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    o_O

I was hoping they wouldn't play up the campy-ness quite so much. Also, what's with the new voices? All the original cast are still alive. Most aren't older than mid-50's.

They won't work for bits of straw and Chaotix cards.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    o_O

They sort of 60's Batmanized the old show. It wasn't nearly that bad it was also pretty dark at times .

Also the voices are creepy as shit. Especially Leonardo.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I don't know. It was hooked up to some crazy giant TV monitor and was displaying what looked like WWII with nazi banners all over the place and stuff. It could be some random other person from WWII, but my money is seriously on Hitler's brain.

Yeah, it was Hitler's brain. That whole future arc was pretty awesome. The turtles get power armor at some point, and it's all post-apocalyptic and crap, and I think there was this mutant shark, and at one point I think they even brought Shredder into the storyline from one of the very first stories the comics had where he mysteriously disappeared, except he didn't he was whisked away into the future!

So awesome.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That is definitely not the Image series.

Highlights of the Image series include:

Raphael getting blinded in one eye
    Splinter turning into a bat
    Donatello falling from a few miles up and smashing his shell, then becoming a cyborg
    Leo getting a hand sliced off
    Raphael taking up the Shredder mantle and leading a remnant of the Foot Clan
    The turtles teaming up with Savage Dragon

Ceno on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Saw this in the Smash Up thread and couldn't resist putting here... Ah, the memories.

What's this mash-up thing?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Richy wrote: »

What's this mash-up thing?

Yeah, what the hell is that? I watched it and was all like o_O

edit: Also, that Image series sounds so awesome.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    o_O

I don't understand why you'd use the campy Turtles if you weren't going to emphasize the campyness.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    KastanjKastanj __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009

Donatello falling from a few miles up and smashing his shell, then becoming a cyborg

Leading to Michelangelo getting lovey-dovey with one of these.

moloch2.jpg

That development is one of the reasons I read comic books.

Kastanj on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

There was an ep of the Turtles cartoon from a few years ago that touched on this alternate reality. All four were transported to different places. Raph to a alien race, Leo to Usagi's world, Mike to a world where the turtles are superheroes with powers and Splinter was the villian and Don got transported to a post-apocalyptic world. In it, he had died/disappeared, Leo was scared with black sunglasses (possibly blind), Mike had lost his left arm and Raph was scared as well and has lost his left eye. Here's a link with a synopsis for it.

Episode: Same as it Never Was

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    the smash-up thing is a direct to dvd movie staring the turtles from 2003 and the old 80's ones. it looks to be atleast a fun watch, but yeah the voices for the old turtles are messed up and they make fun of the older show it looks like.
    it's coming out soon, i think, to coincide with that wii game and stuff.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Big news!
    Nickelodeon just bought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lock stock and barrel.
    http://news.toonzone.net/articles/31520/nick-acquires-rights-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-new-tv-series-and-movie

That's not just a license, mirage and 4kids no longer own TMNT.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I... I don't know how to process this right now. I hope Nickelodeon treats the franchise honorably.

Ceno on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I have no idea how to feel about this. But it's probably not good. Nickelodeon has had a few good shows like Zim and Avatar, but it's usually despite their best efforts.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I have no idea how to feel about this. But it's probably not good. Nickelodeon has had a few good shows like Zim and Avatar, but it's usually despite their best efforts.
    Yeah we saw how well Nick treated those series.

I pity anyone who feels hope that this means anything good for the turtles.
    I kind of envy them too, in a way, because they are obviously taking some really good shit.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    A TMNT show by the Avatar guys could be great.
    Oh, it's going to be a CGI show airing in 2011.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    o_O

I don't understand why you'd use the campy Turtles if you weren't going to emphasize the campyness.

Because the campyness was pretty much nonexistent? I mean there were some bad moments especially towards the end but the series never had the Turtles do crap like fight banana monsters and make it a point to say they rescue April once a week.

As to this Nickelodeon thing. Viacom owns this. Which means they'll probably aim it at kids for a bit. Then they'll realize the audience is 18-35 year olds and move it to MTV or something and we'll get a darker tone.

King Riptor on