As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nok [Chat] Hun

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What is this about closing [chat]?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I've been around these boards on and off longer than every single SE++ poster except Whippy. I know exactly what it is like and D&D offers a signifigantly different environment.

Is this some kind of attempt at pulling seniority or something? :P I've been on these boards, not posting but reading, for a very long time as well.

And we aren't talking about what D&D offers as opposed to SE++ but what the D&D chat thread offers as opposed to SE++. Conflating D&D and SE++ is obviously silly.

D&D chat is kinder, for fuck sake se++ people found out wiggins mom had cancer and insulted about it, shit I think they still do.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    Are we talking about this for any specific reason? Like, is it actually being proposed that [chat] is closed?

If not then I will go hang out in the stargate thread until I see some penisii in here.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are we talking about this for any specific reason? Like, is it actually being proposed that [chat] is closed?

If not then I will go hang out in the stargate thread until I see some lolcats in here.

128764975560737361.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The D&D Chat thread is COMPLETELY different from SE++ conversations ebb and flow naturally here in D&D, in SE++ if one of the more popular people gets bored, they post pictures of something or bitch until the subject is changed. People may do the same thing here in chat, but it doesn't work.

There it's like jingling keys in front of a baby. Subject is completely lost.

Ludious on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    I know I'm late, but Preacher, your last jailing was totally worth it.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I don't think they are, we're just discussing whether they should, why they would, etc.

I think. :?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I've been around these boards on and off longer than every single SE++ poster except Whippy. I know exactly what it is like and D&D offers a signifigantly different environment.

Is this some kind of attempt at pulling seniority or something? :P I've been on these boards, not posting but reading, for a very long time as well.

And we aren't talking about what D&D offers as opposed to SE++ but what the D&D chat thread offers as opposed to SE++. Conflating D&D and SE++ is obviously silly.

A great deal of the D&D chat thread is directly influenced by the other threads going on in D&D at the time. They are quite thoroughly bound together.

As a side not I was not "pulling seniority" but disputing your assinine attempt at an argument that we just don't "understand" SE++. I know exactly what the atmosphere in SE++ is like and it does not appeal.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm gonna try to limit my ragging on the mods

especially because they'll whip out that most infuriating of mod arguments "Stop whining to the people who spend alot of free time to provide this service free of charge to you"

You should probably stop whining just in general. Action for reaction - but, you should wait for the action before you start with the reaction.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    Wow Quizzy, you just took your ball and went home as far as I'm concerned. But nice way to wish ill on a whole lot of people who don't deserve it.

And I wouldn't "quit the forums" But I sure wouldn't post nearly as much, which would be a sad thing (for me, not for anyone else.)

I don't get what his problem is today. I don't recall quizzy being such a complete douchebag in the past.

I guess you guys are just far more attached to this [chat] thread than I imagined. If it disappeared over night I'd shrug and go post on the other parts of the forum that I already post in.

I post in G&T, CF, SE++, D&D and sometimes even the other forums if something interest me. The G&Ters/CFers/SE++ers/D&Ders are mean/hostile/idiots attitude that a lot of you are expressing in this thread pisses me right off, so maybe that's why I'm coming off as douchey to you, while you guys are coming off as douchey to me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

D&D chat is kinder, for fuck sake se++ people found out wiggins mom had cancer and insulted about it, shit I think they still do.

The fuck?

Alright I'm not going to go in there ever.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »

who's closing chat?

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

If not then I will go hang out in the stargate thread until I see some penisii in here.

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I know I'm late, but Preacher, your last jailing was totally worth it.

My only jailing! I've been clean man, I turned a corner. Yes sir 100% rehabilated here, no threat to society.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Wow Quizzy, you just took your ball and went home as far as I'm concerned. But nice way to wish ill on a whole lot of people who don't deserve it.

And I wouldn't "quit the forums" But I sure wouldn't post nearly as much, which would be a sad thing (for me, not for anyone else.)

I don't get what his problem is today. I don't recall quizzy being such a complete douchebag in the past.

I guess you guys are just far more attached to this [chat] thread than I imagined. If it disappeared over night I'd shrug and go post on the other parts of the forum that I already post in.

I post in G&T, CF, SE++, D&D and sometimes even the other forums if something interest me. The G&Ters/CFers/SE++ers/D&Ders are mean/hostile/idiots attitude that a lot of you are expressing in this thread pisses me right off, so maybe that's why I'm coming off as douchey to you, while you guys are coming off as douchey to me.

If you just acknowledge that we like [CHAT] and we're not keen on migrating to SE++, even if you aren't, I hope you'll see that closing this thread would be sort of dickish.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

The fuck?

Seriously, they had to be mod infracted to stop, and some people still do it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    stop talking about chat closure before it gets in the mods heads. :.P

JebusUD on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am here hopefully to get an abscess drained, if not I get a much more major surgery. I am hoping though they can just drain it today and make my life easier.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

Penisii also!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

If not then I will go hang out in the stargate thread until I see some lolcats in here.
    128764975560737361.jpg

FAIL, that is a loldog. Completely inferior.

If Honk leaves, how can we follow the first rule of the buddy system?
    funny-pictures-always-hold-hands-with-your-kitten.jpg

Also, Abby.
    funny-picture-lolcats-u-haz-no-girlfriend.jpg

Passerbye on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

The fuck?

Seriously, they had to be mod infracted to stop, and some people still do it.

They had a democratic vote to PERMABAN SOMEONE.

You don't -get- any more ONE OF USSSSSS than that.

Ludious on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    that is the ugliest fucking dog

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If you just acknowledge that we like [CHAT] and we're not keen on migrating to SE++, even if you aren't, I hope you'll see that closing this thread would be sort of dickish.

Well, yeah, of course. I like [chat] too (though, not as much as I used to, to be perfectly frank) that's why I post here.

I just hate the "All [subforumers] are X" bullshit.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passer that first picture is awwwwww

TL DR on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

No, what comes off as douchy - because it is you little shit - is your attitude of "because I don't like D&D chat it should be destroyed". Lud was right. You aren't just taking your ball and going home, you are proposing to take everyone elses as well out of spite. An attitude, I might add, which is quite prevalent in SE++.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

128764975560737361.jpg

FAIL, that is a loldog. Completely inferior.

If Honk leaves, how can we follow the first rule of the buddy system?
    funny-pictures-always-hold-hands-with-your-kitten.jpg

Also, Abby.
    funny-picture-lolcats-u-haz-no-girlfriend.jpg

Yaaaaay! <3

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well I am going to change topic

I was scratching my beard cause it was itchy and then OW

I was very confused as to why my finger hurt

closer inspection revealed that my beardhair is wiry enough to penetrate deep enough into my skin to register on my pain receptors

I guess this is more of a Strange & Embarrassing?

Also I think I killed the veg thread

Arch on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

To be fair, that happened in D&D [Chat] but I don't know if it continued in SE++ or not.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Passer that first picture is awwwwww

Just doin' my job, ma'am.

Mazzy - I hope all they have to do is drain it and that everything goes well.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Well, they put it in our heads first.

Also, not whining is a good idea.

Even if I sort of feel like whining because I can't whine :P

The part I do like about SE++ is Glossolalia. I think I've read four or five of those. Full through. Every post.

I've lost track recently though.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No no, if other people appear "douchey" to you you're allowed to shit in their bed and tell them "too bad" about it because justification is justification.

In before this "only reinforces" some bullshit.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Arch wrote: »

I should just pay attention to when Jeffe leaves the thread. Because that is right when it goes into stupid crazy land.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Well I am going to change topic

I was scratching my beard cause it was itchy and then OW

I was very confused as to why my finger hurt

closer inspection revealed that my beardhair is wiry enough to penetrate deep enough into my skin to register on my pain receptors

I guess this is more of a Strange & Embarrassing?

You have strange hair.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Well, yeah, of course. I like [chat] too (though, not as much as I used to, to be perfectly frank) that's why I post here.

I just hate the "All [subforumers] are X" bullshit.

Ditto.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Quizzy, I don't have a problem with any of the other forums but the idea that I should -be- in SE++ and my past experiences with AC (which I've been told isn't the case anymore)

My beef isn't really with SE++ at all. Let em be what they wanna be. They're SA Goons Lite like I said. But that's cool. Just don't tell -me- that's where -I- belong.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hey, can you guys give me five decent examples of conservative whining? What that means is up to you.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    No, what comes off as douchy - because it is you little shit - is your attitude of "because I don't like D&D chat it should be destroyed". Lud was right. You aren't just taking your ball and going home, you are proposing to take everyone elses as well out of spite. An attitude, I might add, which is quite prevalent in SE++.

Actually I like D&D chat and would rather not see it destroyed.

The, I actually hope they destroy chat so you all have to go to SE++ thing was meant more as a joke than something to be taken super seriously.

I'm not proposing to take anyone with my out of spite. Besides, it's not like I am in a position where my opinion has any effect on anything anyway.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »

I should just pay attention to when Jeffe leaves the thread. Because that is right when it goes into stupid crazy land.

I kinda flipped out when people were saying it was hypocritical to eat veggie burgers if you are vegetarian

Arch on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Having guests over for dinner tonight. What should I make?

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Having guests over for dinner tonight. What should I make?

Veggie burgers!

:P

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.