As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm still addicted to the DS

• Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    No it's not. The controls do exactly what you tell them to do.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    the controls were silly.

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    hammer right and left on the d-pad

make goofy strokes with your stylus

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    boooooooooooooring

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Once a while you yell into the mic.

One of the best 'Slash' type pins uses the mic.

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Instead of yelling into the mic on TWEWY, I just tapped it with the stylus, worked rather well, and less embarrassing in public.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    god i hated those so much

most of the time i just blew into the mic

well, most of the time I didn't actually use any of those pins.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I played TWEWY so much leading up to PAX.
    I made a chart of what pins I needed to evolve, and how, and got almost everything done but the mingle-XP evolutions.
    "Great!" I thought, "I'll just play at PAX and get this shit done waiting in line day one!"
    I was so sick of the game by the time PAX rolled around, I didn't even bring it with me.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, I played TWEWY so much leading up to PAX.
    I made a chart of what pins I needed to evolve, and how, and got almost everything done but the mingle-XP evolutions.
    "Great!" I thought, "I'll just play at PAX and get this shit done waiting in line day one!"
    I was so sick of the game by the time PAX rolled around, I didn't even bring it with me.

this seems like it's a children's story with some of the words changed

unintentional on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I based my main pins around lightning and slashing attacks. And gravity. Gravity + multi-shot lightning = death to all foes.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Most of my pins were tap attacks

So I was basically just going mad on my DS screen

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I still haven't played TWEWY. A friend said he would lend it to me but that didn't happen

unintentional on
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I still haven't played TWEWY. A friend said he would lend it to me but that didn't happen

Bug him about it. It's a fantastic game.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I tried to have a variety.

But one of the Lightning pins was totally sweet. Slash once it hits three times on normal foes. On the final boss I could hit three of his vulnerable spots at the same time.

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    I tried to have a variety.

But one of the Lightning pins was totally sweet. Slash once it hits three times on normal foes. On the final boss I could hit three of his vulnerable spots at the same time.

This so hard. Lightning was always saving my ass.

Out of lightning?

slashslashslashslash

Oh hey, lightning's back!

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    my DS screen is fucking ravaged because of TWEWY.
    I would tap and slash and circle with so much vigor, that there are goddamn gouges on my screen.
    There's also a couple spots where touch-reception is kinda sketchy.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I haven't used my DS in a long time.

Need to get that new KH game.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    scribblenauts did not last me as long as I thought it would

it was fun, but I got bored in a few days

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Man you are missing out.

You should try Mario and Luigi 3. It is ace, and Bowser is at his most awesome.

Edit: Scribblenauts - whoever thought up the control scheme should be beaten on the head with a big book.

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I am starting to enjoy my DS addiction.

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    guys.
    got 358/2 finally.
    where is the last chest in mission 14?!?!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009
    my DS screen is fucking ravaged because of TWEWY.
    I would tap and slash and circle with so much vigor, that there are goddamn gouges on my screen.
    There's also a couple spots where touch-reception is kinda sketchy.

I needed to replace my stylus because of that game.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I can't play TWEWY without a slashy pin

if it ever gets stolen or deactivated by an enemy I basically just run around in a panic for a few seconds before remembering I have other options

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »

if it ever gets stolen or deactivated by an enemy I basically just run around in a panic for a few seconds before remembering I have other options

I eventually just got a whole set of slashy pins. Pull off combos like nobody's business.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    having more than one tappy pin is fun

one minute you're tapping away sending lightning everywhere

next minute outta nowhere you got boulders falling on shit

etcetera

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    guys.
    got 358/2 finally.

You can retry missions anytime via the Holo-Mission selection in the main menu of the Gray Area. Some chests might be out of reach right now.

(Unless it's one of those missions handed out by your fellow Org. members. Then it can definitely be accomplished on the same day.)

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    so after five months of playing fire emblem on my gameboy i dicked around with a DS at target and saw a new fire emblem game was out

and a bunch of ff games, and i think chrono trigger, and advance wars too

lites are only $129, and if I pick up fire emblem with that i'd be good for awhile and i've always wanted a ds

how are lites? are they worth getting? should I get a fat one instead? enlighten me and reccomend games (i already know i need professor layton and phoenix wright)

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2009

About halfway through the game I pretty much relied on only two pins. One was a slashy and one involved blowing in the mic. People would ask me what the fuck I was doing on multiple occasions whenever I played the game in public.

It was a happy day when I got my pin set to 100% completion. I'm never playing that game again.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I personally don't see what's so great about Lites, but a lot of people like 'em.

Anyway, I think Phats are all but impossible to find now.

So, yeah, might as well. If you wait too long the Lites might get phased out in favour of the DSi, then no more GBA slot. (BAH!)

Pureauthor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Larlar wrote: »

About halfway through the game I pretty much relied on only two pins. One was a slashy and one involved blowing in the mic. People would ask me what the fuck I was doing on multiple occasions whenever I played the game in public.

It was a happy day when I got my pin set to 100% completion. I'm never playing that game again.

yeah I figured out pretty quickly that one good way to not look like a tool in public is to blow instead of shout into the mic

in the end I always had a slashy, a tappy, a shooting one (a la bullets or some such), a mic-activated, and the piggy

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    guys.
    got 358/2 finally.

You can retry missions anytime via the Holo-Mission selection in the main menu of the Gray Area. Some chests might be out of reach right now.

(Unless it's one of those missions handed out by your fellow Org. members. Then it can definitely be accomplished on the same day.)

I know
    demyx says he'll make it worth my while if I get all five chests and I've looked everywhere
    and I cant find it.
    its the first mission where xion isn't wearing a hood and you have to fight darkside.

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

yeah I figured out pretty quickly that one good way to not look like a tool in public is to blow instead of shout into the mic

in the end I always had a slashy, a tappy, a shooting one (a la bullets or some such), a mic-activated, and the piggy

I usually just snap my fingers really close to the mic.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'm borrowing TWEWY from a friend, but I haven't started it yet. Gonna finish Bowser's Inside Story first.

Ivar on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    Also, Sipex, I did put most of those games in the OP

I must admit, I knew about this but I'm addicted to making lists.

OH THE SHAME!

Sipex on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Krosius wrote: »

I usually just snap my fingers really close to the mic.

How many goddamn hands do you have

Green on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Okay fuck you guys, now I'm gonna have to start TWEWY again tonight.
    Wonder if I still have my pin lists..

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is there a way to get a DS repaired? Do you have to buy a new one?

Doctorstrongbad on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Is there a way to get a DS repaired? Do you have to buy a new one?

Depends on what's wrong with it. Touch-screen and casing are pretty easy to replace.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Guys Nostalgia comes out next week. Airships! It is ridiculous how excited I am for that game. Between that and dragon age, I'm tempted to take a few days off work just to play vidjagames

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    Guys Nostalgia comes out next week. Airships! It is ridiculous how excited I am for that game. Between that and dragon age, I'm tempted to take a few days off work just to play vidjagames

what is this I don't know what it is

YaYa on
This discussion has been closed.