Options

[BORDERLANDS] It's mind-blowing & we broke Steam for it

• Options
    DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So why would the Steam unlock be delayed past tomorrow noon? I imagine almost everyone who has it pre-ordered has done the preload already.

Drijen on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So why would the Steam unlock be delayed past tomorrow noon? I imagine almost everyone who has it pre-ordered has done the preload already.

You could be in the UK and then it comes out Thursday evening. Rad, no?

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Well yeah, I know other countries are getting a later release.

I was more interested in the multiple posts where people are implying that Steam is going to some how drop the ball and it won't be unlocked until later int he day on Monday. I just don't see a reason why that would be the case.

Drijen on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Drijen wrote: »

Well yeah, I know other countries are getting a later release.

I was more interested in the multiple posts where people are implying that Steam is going to some how drop the ball and it won't be unlocked until later int he day on Monday. I just don't see a reason why that would be the case.

They're owned by Valve. QED

Zetx on
  • Options
    JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Man, they weren't kidding when they said to play with people you trust. I just got off a Xbox Live game, and I got almost NONE of the good drops because my partner got to the boxes first. Hell, I had to fight for freaking ammo on guns he wasn't using.

JackKieser on

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    There's no trading system?

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You can drop shit.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Not unless dropping items counts as trading, no.

It really shouldn't matter if you are playing with friends, but it never pays to underestimate just how much people enjoy acting like dickholes in co-op games with strangers.

Drijen on
  • Options
    vallavvallav Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/vallav

Can I get in on this? I can't wait!

vallav on
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I wonder if some sort of etiquette system will pop up.

Honestly with my friends ammo is free for all. Mainly because if you don't use a gun, you'll reach the ammo cap and not be able to pick up that kind of ammo anyway.

But since we're all trying to survive together, we tell each other when we absolutely need ammo and the rest of us keep our hands off of it.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I went out to get this today. I couldn't find anywhere that had 360 copies in stock. I need my loot fix, dammit! Don't they understand?!

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    You have to really be a douche to steal items just for the fact that they are so plentiful in this game. Although I can see it being a problem if someone doesn't like another person so they decide to swoop in on an unsuspecting trade session.

With that being said level 35 soldier with +25% extra team exp mod (among others) looking for a group near the end of the firstplaythrough. (I joined someones game+ and it pretty much power leveled me 5 levels in about 30 minutes.)

So if anyone is near the end of the game and needs a sort of power level through it, send me a friend invite.

GT: Tuskegeeneegee

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I should be on real quick here starting playthrough 2, level 30something. None of the games I get look interesting so its time for Borderlands.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    thefaisthefais Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    My stupid xbox keeps disconnecting from xbox live for no reason. And it's not my internet, or my router, because my friend's xbox is hooked up to the EXACT SAME router and has no problems. Ugh.

So it's been only singleplayer for me, sadly.

Pro-tip: Destroy barrels BEFORE you stand next to them.

thefais on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    thefais wrote: »

Finding that out the hard way is so disheartening. Even worse when the last enemy explodes it right when you kill him, putting you in Fight For Your Life with nobody around.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I got a revolver that shoots in shotgun bursts. Finishing people off execution style is even better now.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Jubeh wrote: »
    I got a revolver that shoots in shotgun bursts. Finishing people off execution style is even better now.

I'm pretty sure that gun actually exists in real life.

edit: Ah, here it is.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    doing the mine key in a second play through if anyone wants to jump in!

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So wait.

If I wanted to, and didn't buy through Steam, I could walk down TONIGHT at midnight and pick this up from Bestbuy/Gamestop/Walmart/etc? But because I went through steam, I have to wait till 12 Noon +/- However many hours it takes the random intern they have working the server to turn it on?

Sucks.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That, is retarded.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    alaz502 wrote: »
    tbloxham wrote: »
    alaz502 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had trouble with the mission where you collect parts for a sniper rifle? I know exactly where the objective marker for the body is, but I've searched everywhere around it and can't physically find it.

None of the parts are on the actual marker. All the sniper rifle parts are near that area, so look all around, up on the walkways, around the building, etc. They're all there.

Yes they are, they are all precisely where their marker is, you just aren't looking on all the levels.

Weird. When I did that mission, there was only one marker in the area. The rifle parts were scattered all around it, and there was no part on the actual marker.

That's the same bug I'm having.

Hey I was just about to post this! I'm doing that one right now, the first two had correct markers but the 3rd is pointing at a rock.

Arrath on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Love the shogun rocket launchers. They shoot rockets man!!!! Lol. I'm suprosed shotguns army a specilty for the siren. I love having one as her. Phasewalk, pooh explosions, come out, more blasts. Oh look, that baddasses shields are down, let me help. Shotgun blast to the face, dead mans. Phasewalking is so fun :)

I wonder if this game I going to eat into sales for l4d2 as this gives you co-op team play. I can't wait for borderlands 2, with the way this game seems to be selling. Hope they learn a lot from this one. And this one is already pretty damn awesome

Tommatt on
  • Options
    PepperSinclairePepperSinclaire Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Good times with Jelloblimp et al earlier. Sorry I had to duck out, want to do a little solo levelling and exploring before jumping back into co-op.

PepperSinclaire on
    Signature pending.
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Haha, I just killed a midget psycho and when he died *poof* normal sized psycho corpse.

Arrath on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    Haha, I just killed a midget psycho and when he died *poof* normal sized psycho corpse.

You shot the special kid in his Halloween costume! You bastard you

Tommatt on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Docshifty wrote: »
    thefais wrote: »

Finding that out the hard way is so disheartening. Even worse when the last enemy explodes it right when you kill him, putting you in Fight For Your Life with nobody around.

You'd think that, after completeing an entire playthrough as Lilith, that I would have learned by now to not exit Phasewalk next to a barrel.

Evidently, I am a slow learner.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I keep opening Steam hoping Gearbox will surprise me and launch it early.

So far it's just been disappointment :(

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If your having problems with the scavenging mission marker, just walk around the general area looking for loot bags on the HUD, the items you are looking up show up as loot as well.

malkoth on
    "Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The publisher, 2K, controls the release date, not Gearbox.

tofu on
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I keep opening Steam hoping Gearbox will surprise me and launch it early.

So far it's just been disappointment :(

Yeah, I've been consistently refreshing steam every half hour. Punctual disappointment

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    got this for PC and can't wait to play. a friend and I usually get together once a week for gaming night. should we hold off from playing monday do to potential server issues or do you think we should be good to go?

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    So a question about the +skills. If you have a skill maxed, do you say get lvl 8 of that skill if you have a class mod that gives +3?

Tommatt on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    That's the theory, anyway.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Nayl219Nayl219 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    anyone find that one form of elemental is more damaging than another? it seems to me that fire has been the best so far, but maybe its only been my weapon selection

seperate example, ive got a sniper rifle with the same damage cap as another sniper with 3x acid effect, and ive found that the rifle without the elemental does better damage

Nayl219 on
    Gamertag: brautigan219
  • Options
    thefaisthefais Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Something I hope they add in a patch: the ability to see what you class mod is doing in the ability screen. Having it say 3 (+2) or something like that. I mean, it's easy enough to figure out, but it's nice to know that my class mods are actually doing something.

thefais on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    KiTA wrote: »

No, they just pirated it on the 360 instead, while waiting on the PC version so they could pirate THAT.

What I want to know is the reasoning behind the release date being a week after the 360 date. I've heard a few people in IRC suggest that it's because Microsoft wanted to give the 360 a chance to sell copies before the PC version came out, but I dunno.

MS didn't publish it and I don't think there's ever been a huge worry about PC games outselling a 360 version unless it's something like Command and Conquer.

Sheep on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Nayl219 wrote: »
    anyone find that one form of elemental is more damaging than another? it seems to me that fire has been the best so far, but maybe its only been my weapon selection

seperate example, ive got a sniper rifle with the same damage cap as another sniper with 3x acid effect, and ive found that the rifle without the elemental does better damage

Does the other rifle have a modifier for damage? Plus %? Does it have any flavor texts?

Sheep on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Tommatt wrote: »
    So a question about the +skills. If you have a skill maxed, do you say get lvl 8 of that skill if you have a class mod that gives +3?

I'm pretty sure you do. My Bird of Prey skill is maxed, and I have a +3 from a mod, and my bird doesn't really come back for a while. I've seen it attack eight enemies before... the maximum would be nine, so I could have just missed seeing one get torched.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Nayl219Nayl219 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Sheep wrote: »

Does the other rifle have a modifier for damage? Plus %? Does it have any flavor texts?

the one without elemental effect just has some faster reload % and a higher zoom than the other one

Nayl219 on
    Gamertag: brautigan219
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Acid cuts through natural defense(high level Skags from the front, for instance), fire cuts through basic flesh, shock cuts through shields, explosions I'm not sure on.

yalborap on
This discussion has been closed.