Options

[Chat]liai Arena

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »
    BAHAHAHA. Awesome! Thanks. I <3 you for this.

I'm actually surprised that livejournal isn't blocked looking at the host. Most social networking sites are.

LiveJournal isn't a social networking site. :?

Its where you go to write bad poetry about how no one on social networking sites likes you

You sound overly familiar with this. Perhaps you write bad poetry about your grammar issues? :P

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Good evening. How's everybody?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Does anyone else get sick of the perpetual bashing of the south on these forums, or is it just me?

wait do you LIVE in the american south?

because I do

and it sucks

bad

I've lived my entire life in the american south. Parts of it suck. Parts of it don't. From what I've seen and heard, this is true of just about everywhere though.
    So since the south has good parts it's gotta be the same as the north in terms of tolerance, racism, conservatism, and wealth, right?
    Can you understand how annoying it is to be lumped in with all that just because of where you live/were born?

Bama on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Made some great mongolian beef last night, unfortunately the red chille peppers are not so great to my lower bowels today.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2009
    Anyone who tries to tie Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill NC with places like Lizard Lick and pretty much all of West Virginia are generally asses, and are pretty much guilty of 'cism.

Hell, are the people of NYC the same as those living in the Catskill mountains? They occupy roughly the same geographical space, surely they must hold similar worldviews and education levels!

edit: needless to say, there are more places that suck in the south than the north, but it's not so staggeringly awful down there that you need to judge a person based on where they grew up. It really doesn't apply most of the time.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

I'm actually surprised that livejournal isn't blocked looking at the host. Most social networking sites are.

Neither is YouTube, but it's blocked as such. And LiveJournal can be considered one as well, in my opinion. Though it's been YEARS since I've been to that site, so I could have an opinion about it that is wrong.

Most of the people I know who use it (note, 'know', not 'follow on LJ') use it as their own personal journals. Paper journals can be more easily destroyed, after all.

Either that, or they post their comics there.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2009
    Feral wrote: »

It is if you're trying to hook up with overweight cutters.

I'm not exactly opposed to this.

Perhaps I should get on this The LiveJournal.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Does anyone else get sick of the perpetual bashing of the south on these forums, or is it just me?

wait do you LIVE in the american south?

because I do

and it sucks

bad

I've lived my entire life in the american south. Parts of it suck. Parts of it don't. From what I've seen and heard, this is true of just about everywhere though.
    So since the south has good parts it's gotta be the same as the north in terms of tolerance, racism, conservatism, and wealth, right?
    Can you understand how annoying it is to be lumped in with all that just because of where you live/were born?

Did someone call the Alaskan?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

You guys have phones in your oil igloos now?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I like Texas a lot, though it's also definitely not as bad as anywhere in the South. Still definitely not perfect, though that's all the more reason to want to go back and live there.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

You guys have phones in your oil igloos now?

Are you kidding? I have an entire telemarketing corporation stuffed into mine.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait, either have two chat threads or one is actually about hats.

Hey Mojo, that plane thing you mentioned way back has been pretty useful. Thanks.

What plane thing?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Speaking of Alaskan, what happened to your other friends that used to post here, Prof? That girl, mystikalspiral or something and one of your other friends I think.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Speaking of Alaskan, what happened to your other friends that used to post here, Prof? That girl, mystikalspiral or something and one of your other friends I think.

She quit her state job and moved to Washington. I guess now that she's not a government employee, she doesn't have time for the forums.

As I understand it, she only really was here for the Strange and Embarassing thread anyway, though alerting her to its revival has not brought her back.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

To be fair I've been to parts of western Washington, northern Oregon, and multiple areas in California that are just as bad. I'm sure there are other areas in the North. Bigotry isn't limited by geography, people can be stupid everywhere.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Feral wrote: »

It is if you're trying to hook up with overweight cutters.

I'm not exactly opposed to this.

Perhaps I should get on this The LiveJournal.

He failed to include the word uggo, as well. Just a heads up when you go hunting.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't know why I let that girl punch me all the time

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

To be fair I've been to parts of western Washington, northern Oregon, and multiple areas in California that are just as bad. I'm sure there are other areas in the North. Bigotry isn't limited by geography, people can be stupid everywhere.

Parts of Western PA are easily as bad as most of the South

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

She quit her state job and moved to Washington. I guess now that she's not a government employee, she doesn't have time for the forums.

As I understand it, she only really was here for the Strange and Embarassing thread anyway, though alerting her to its revival has not brought her back.

Ah. Yeah that's how I remembered her. She had some pretty awesome stories in that thread.

I thought you were gonna move with them or something? Why are you still in the cold desert?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    Made some great mongolian beef last night, unfortunately the red chille peppers are not so great to my lower bowels today.

Oh, be honest, I wasn't so great to your lower bowels today. :winky:

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I was hoping for photon torpedoes. :(

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Closet masochist?
    *fingers crossed*

Passerbye on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Between my family in Arkansas and some of the other places I have been in the South I can say most of Colorado is better. Eastern Colorado is just Kansas but we can ignore that. But there are also perfectly sane places in the South as well. Just they are like islands in a sea of ignorance and bad teeth. And I have family that fall into the sea.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

I was hoping for photon torpedoes. :(
    The concussive missiles were more useful.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Oh, be honest, I wasn't so great to your lower bowels today. :winky:

It's like someone uncorked shit champegne in my ass.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Between my family in Arkansas and some of the other places I have been in the South I can say most of Colorado is better. Eastern Colorado is just Kansas but we can ignore that. But there are also perfectly sane places in the South as well. Just they are like islands in a sea of ignorance and bad teeth. And I have family that fall into the sea.

Seattle and Olympia are like that in Washington. As soon as you get south of Oly or east of the Cascades you're firmly in Baptist-church-a-corner-Republican territory.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    For a second, I thought that I had just suffered incredibly serious repercussions for an admittedly pretty stupid joke.

Now I realize that this is in fact the cruel, cruel joke.

Winky on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Also, it was while living in Washington that I was around fundamentalist Christians all the time and had to go to adult Sunday school to watch Ken Ham videos.

Though it is a kind of neat subset of knowledge I have now.

Quid on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

Closet masochist?
    *fingers crossed*

holy shit passerbye i just clicked on your sig stuff

how much for a chainmail shirt?

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Closet masochist?
    *fingers crossed*

I do kinda like it when she hits me

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Colorado is split into a few pieces. Kansas aka Eastern Colorado like Limon and Greely. The front range which is a mix of yuppies(Jefferson County) and hippies (Boulder). The mountains which are a mix of hicks, miners and some really rich people like in Aspen. Oh and the ski bums. The western slope which is more ranch like. And the south which is a mix of Hispanics and industrial stuff. And if you go South enough you hit the reservations. Oh and Colorado Springs, home of Focus on the Family and other evangelical right wing Christians.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What plane thing?

Tell them they have to give me an exit seat due to health and safety.

Any Germans here, what does:

Also gewöhnliche Amazonen haben mit Männern nichts am Hut, was möglicherweise auch in gewissen Legenden begründet sein könnte. Für gewisse Männer gilt das allerdings nicht die haben aber auch kein Problem damit, auch wenn daran manchmal gewisse Bedingungen geknüpft sind.
    Sich dennoch mit einer Amazone einzulassen birgt gewisse Risiken, die von störend, über peinlich, bis zu schlichtweg katastrophal gehen.

mean?

Leitner on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Today is awful.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Colorado is split into a few pieces. Kansas aka Eastern Colorado like Limon and Greely. The front range which is a mix of yuppies(Jefferson County) and hippies (Boulder). The mountains which are a mix of hicks, miners and some really rich people like in Aspen. Oh and the ski bums. The western slope which is more ranch like. And the south which is a mix of Hispanics and industrial stuff. And if you go South enough you hit the reservations. Oh and Colorado Springs, home of Focus on the Family and other evangelical right wing Christians.

Florida just gets worse the farther you get from the sea, excluding Orlando. And then the more north you go the worse it gets, though it is still pretty nice if you are close to the ocean.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

What plane thing?

Oh cool. Glad it worked out for you. It's a good backup for us gentleman of superior height.

(I'm actually only about 1.85m or so, but normally seats still cause me actual pain).

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    What plane thing?

Also gewöhnliche Amazonen haben mit Männern nichts am Hut, was möglicherweise auch in gewissen Legenden begründet sein könnte. Für gewisse Männer gilt das allerdings nicht die haben aber auch kein Problem damit, auch wenn daran manchmal gewisse Bedingungen geknüpft sind.
    Sich dennoch mit einer Amazone einzulassen birgt gewisse Risiken, die von störend, über peinlich, bis zu schlichtweg katastrophal gehen.

mean?

Google says: So ordinary men Amazons have nothing to do with what could possibly be justified in some legends. For some men this is not true but have no problem with it, even if it sometimes certain conditions are attached.
    To engage yet with an Amazon carries some risks, by disturbing about embarrassing to go unmitigated disaster.

TL DR on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    thread needs more passerbye selling me a chainmail shirt

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    What plane thing?

mean?

So ordinary men Amazons have nothing to do with what could possibly be justified in some legends. For some men this is not true but have no problem with it, even if it sometimes certain conditions are attached.
    To engage with an Amazon, but some risks, by disturbing about embarrassing to go unmitigated disaster.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    godammit!

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.