Options

The [chat] D&D chat thread, ever

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    actually the world usually says okay, and woah there hairdo if it get's way too big

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I could take the mascot in the only place I'm ever truly happy

Feral's bed

Not as good as the first time.

Never
    as good as the first time. :?

Maybe you should spice it up with some cosplay.

I used to cosplay.

Then it jumped the shark.

Sold out.

Died.

Just like everything else.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Hmmm. Nokia N900. You look so sweet, but you are not an iPhone. :(
    There were a couple of really nice Windows Mobile HTC phones at a kiosk in the Pacific Place mall today. The Tilt 2 looked hella nice.

Still want a Droid, though.

I'm strongly leaning towards getting a Droid when my New Every Two comes up in January.
    I just hit the two-year contract wall on my phone.

I really want and need a new phone, but I really, really don't want to give up my plan.

Are you on Verizon? They'll just roll whatever plan you have over.

If not, well, that sucks.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Imma go start on Bob's octopus.

Be good to each other, [chat]. Don't forget to vote and !signup.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That photo is perfect for photoshopping horrible things into.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hmmm. Nokia N900. You look so sweet, but you are not an iPhone. :(
    There were a couple of really nice Windows Mobile HTC phones at a kiosk in the Pacific Place mall today. The Tilt 2 looked hella nice.

Still want a Droid, though.
    I'm strongly leaning towards getting a Droid when my New Every Two comes up in January.
    I just hit the two-year contract wall on my phone.

I really want and need a new phone, but I really, really don't want to give up my plan.
    Are you on Verizon? They'll just roll whatever plan you have over.

If not, well, that sucks.
    Sprint, which offers neither the Tilt 2 nor the Droid, and are almost certainly desperate as fuck to get me off my current plan.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Man, I'm really jonesing for some borderlands co-op, but no one is on.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2009
    remind me again why we wait and Elki is the new Than?

Because if you don't you get infracted like me. :(

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    fuck, why did I browse my facebook pictures

all I become is embarrassed at all the horrible drunk ones and sad at the ones with my ex

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's funny how you can have a terrible day (like me yesterday) and follow it up with an awesome day (like me today).

Organichu on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wait, what are we doing with the [chat]opus? Are we signing up to take it on adventures?

radroadkill on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Alright I need to stop facestalking and go to sleep

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    It's funny how you can have a terrible day (like me yesterday) and follow it up with an awesome day (like me today).

I am on the emotional rollercoaster of thinking a girl might really like me, but every day between now and when we actually get together is getting really fucking hard.

I am 30. I shouldn't be getting fucked up over this shit, but it has honestly been waaaay too long since I felt this way about someone, and all I have are a couple of social outings and a mountain of texting.

Gah.

edit: so yesterday was awesome, and today sucks. We flipped our days.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I bought a book of political anecdotes. Liked this one.

A speechwriter has a senator for a boss; book doesn't say who, unfortunately. The senator's a dick. Made impossible demands on the staff, tooted his own horn, gave no credit to the underlings or anything else besides himself.

So one day this senator shows up in a panic and tells the speechwriter, "I've got to make a speech on energy on the Senate floor in one hour. I need a 20-point energy plan and a compelling speech by then. Bring it to me down on the floor."

One hour later, the speechwriter shows up on the floor with a stack of index cards. The senator has no time to review the speech, so he just plunged in. "Today, I am pleased to announce a 20-point plan to free this great nation from the clutches of foreign oil dependency. Let me now outline my program." He flipped to the second card.

The card read, "Okay, you SOB, you're on your own."

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    good night, [chat]

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Man, I'm really jonesing for some borderlands co-op, but no one is on.
    I would totally be up for some Borderlands co-op if I owned a computer that could run it or a 360!

But shouldn't you be headed to a Halloween party?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think I would enjoy that book, Gosling. What's it called? Also, would you perchance care to read my list of election trivia?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think I would enjoy that book, Gosling. What's it called? Also, would you perchance care to read my list of election trivia?

Speaker's Treasury of Political Stories, Anecdotes and Humor. Copyright is 1990. Thing about it is there's a hell of a lot of un-Googleable stuff in here. Believe me, I've tried.

Oh, and sure, I can read it.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Nah, I don't actually have too many friends in this area.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Oh and lots of people liked my costume. I got positive feedback, mainly from the laydeez.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Gosling wrote: »

Speaker's Treasury of Political Stories, Anecdotes and Humor. Copyright is 1990. Thing about it is there's a hell of a lot of un-Googleable stuff in here. Believe me, I've tried.

Yay! Unfortunately, my laptop is refusing to charge, so it'll have to wait a bit.

Rr. I got it, but the current file is corrupted, and the most recent .txt I have is missing three pages.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I wore regular clothes with gift bows on my shoulders and chest with a gift tag on my torso: "from: God, to: women"

Got lots of smiles and laughs and hi-5s.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Watching Alien with the girlfriend.

She's never seen it, or any Alien/Predator movies. She doesn't know what they do, or what they look like, or what's going to happen.

This is going to be awesome.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Yay! Unfortunately, my laptop is refusing to charge, so it'll have to wait a bit.

Rr. I got it, but the current file is corrupted, and the most recent .txt I have is missing three pages.

Oh ick. That sucks. How big is it supposed to be, anyway?

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Eh, my Halloween was primarily spent being the guy handing out candy.

Something I've been doing the last couple years to drive up traffic-- it took an hour ten to get someone to stop today-- is to hand out bonus candy for the first three kids to knock on the door. (Knock being the operative word- the others in a group get their normal allotment.)

*The first kid to knock this year got a 5-ounce box of Sweet Tarts.
    *The second kid got a 6-ounce box of Milk Duds.
    *The third kid got a 6-ounce box of Hot Tamales.

None of the 'fun size' garbage. The full-size boxes.

Basically, if you're actually willing to get off of the really popular street a couple houses away, I'm willing to be really, really generous. (One year we gave out soda in addition to the candy.)

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Last time I added anything, it was 12 pages. Single-spaced, mind you. It's annoying, but I can replace the lost material. By the way, which Supreme Court decision was the one that put an end to multi-member and multiple at-large Congressional districts?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Fortson v Dorsey, '65?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Which is an even better reason to be going to a Halloween party.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have just found out, via youtube comment, that

200px-Kurgan1.jpg

=

krabs.jpg

My mind is blown

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wait nevermind that's not right.

Don't some multimember districts still exist?

There was Thornburg v Gingles, '86, that basically codified a precedence for moving away from at-large districts on racial grounds... but they certainly still exist, AFAIK?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Which is an even better reason to be going to a Halloween party.

I don't particularly like parties, sir.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I wanted to stay out, but we walked around so much and I was so tired after all that that I had to come back home.... I feel lame for that but oh well. Plenty of people got my costume though. Very simple. Pulled together very short notice (and very cheaply too):
    photoyhk.jpg

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Kanye West?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Kanye with a fish stick necklace?

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Last time I added anything, it was 12 pages. Single-spaced, mind you. It's annoying, but I can replace the lost material. By the way, which Supreme Court decision was the one that put an end to multi-member and multiple at-large Congressional districts?

It's probably Wesberry v. Sanders, but not 100% on that.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

There was Thornburg v Gingles, '86, that basically codified a precedence for moving away from at-large districts on racial grounds... but they certainly still exist, AFAIK?

No. Every Congressional district must elect one and only one Representative to the House, and only states with a single seat in the House may (and must) have an at-large seat. I believe the same is true for state legislatures, and I know it's not for stuff like town council.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

It's probably Wesberry v. Sanders, but not 100% on that.

I don't think so, that seems to be dealing with a different, though related, issue. I'll probably find out at some point.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm fucking freezing and it's not even cold out. What the hell.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Kanye with a fish stick necklace?

yeah basically

also i saw a life size wookie today in the bar which was crazy, he was massive, must have had platforms to stand on and whatnot

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2009

No. Every Congressional district must elect one and only one Representative to the House, and only states with a single seat in the House may (and must) have an at-large seat. I believe the same is true for state legislatures, and I know it's not for stuff like town council.

Nevermind, I misread your question.

Organichu on
This discussion has been closed.