As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Steampunk: Demons Win, Ship Destroyed

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Also, there's being a noob, and then there's being fucking lazy and not reading the rules.

You never know there could be some sort of disorder or attention issue at play aside from intentional laziness... just giving him the benefit of the doubt...so he isn't completely discourage from playing in the future.

If you cannot read then phalla may not be for you.

People are free to keep playing and noobing it up, but I'm free to call people on it.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Everything stays in the doc, Duna.

Everything.

I hate to just add more mindless banter, but thats the first time I've ever seen someone make spreadsheeting sound bad ass.

Kudos

that actually confused me for a bit and then I smiled. long day of work.

doctor/document :)

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    People are free to keep playing and noobing it up, but I'm free to call people on it.

I was saying it more for his sake as opposed to chastising you.

Egos on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I think I'd rather be called lazy than told I may have a disorder. :lol:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Infidel: Bane of phalla noobs.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Wait it's not? Why? There's nothing stopping someone from forging one.

I thought the rule was just against taking a screenshot of your role PM and posting it.

Lady Eri would like a word with you about how easy it is to forge a screenshot.

But yeah, no quoting of role PMs to people you aren't masoned with, please. Paraphrasing is fine.

RoleNotalie-1.png

?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    jdarksun

Arivia

I don't trust anyone whose primary goal is anything other than keeping our vessel aloft.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I am personally very torn between Arivia and ShadowThomas.

Arivia's differing win condition does seem rather strange, but I don't know if it is enough to really vote for her. There was just no reason for her to say that her win condition's wording didn't align exactly with what was stated if she was indeed mafia. Why would she call that attention to herself? But it is really hard to get past the differing win conditions.

On the other hand, I find ShadowThomas's voting to be pretty suspicious so far. Yesterday he was right in the middle of the simonwolf bandwagon, right about where it really started to pick up steam and get out of control. Today, he started out on the 3clipse wagon towards the end and then hopped onto the adventfalls bandwagon. To me, it does seem like he's trying to blend in with his vote.

My guy right now is telling me ShadowThomas, and I like to go by my gut.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !ShadowThomas

Burnage is a host who has the capability of playing ball with players who rely on exact PM wording too much

So go with your gut

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    wait, arivia has a different win condition?

damnit now I actually have to go back and read....

after I get home I guess.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ok, I would hate to for Arivia has I would like to see our Rivalry end, but she's only been mafia in Burnage Phallas, so I'm thinking that if she doesn't have to save the ship (If we are all on the ship, doesn't that mean the mafia are suicide bombers as they die with this thing crashes? Not smart on the mafia's planning process...) then the vote on Arivia is a good one. Possibly. Maybe. AHHH, who knows...

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I think I'd rather be called lazy than told I may have a disorder. :lol:

Heheh true, I think I've had enough experiences with minor disorders and such that I view them more as quirks or eccentricities as opposed to innately negative.

edit:

*I probably should have said, "as opposed to something viewed as negative".

Egos on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Also, why I am thinking about it: Let's have a doctor heal Advent and see if it's a sickness that someone can spread. Voting for him seems silly when we have such a great experiment here.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    wait, arivia has a different win condition?

damnit now I actually have to go back and read....

after I get home I guess.

I thought that her secondary condition was to outlast ... I thought we already cleared up that everyone had a win condition of staying aloft?

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think the vote for advent is somewhat unfounded, since he's just acting on a post restriction which he has asked to have lifted multiple times.

Arivia has said her win condition isn't to keep the airship afloat, making her much more dangerous to the village.

Several people have pointed out why ShadowThomas is acting a little bit suspicious.

I think either one of those votes would prove to be more fruitful than the advent vote.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !Arivia, for not, apparently, wanting to keep us in the sky.

about my semi-suspicious day one vote: I didn't link to my rng roll as I considered that under the purview of the general (no screenshots) rule. It that is actually considered kosher, I'll be happy to do it in the future. (though I usually don't rng)

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Doctor? nay

Welcome to the mind fuck! Bring me mental alterations!

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Arivia wrote: »
    Micro wrote: »
    However, one of the ACMW was kind enough to admit that their secondary win condition is to outnumber the aristocracy once the game is over (I took this as meaning that either the ship was saved or destroyed). This is obviously a negative to trusting them, but I'm happy to sacrifice a secondary win condition in order to win the game outright.

I for one trust the ACMW, but do not expect others to follow my lead..

Whereas my win condition is to outnumber the ACMW, but make sure this thing keeps flying. Ignoring the chance of BURN PHALLA, we at least have a notional "village" here.

Guys, where is all this coming from? Did anyone actually read what she wrote?

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    However, one of the ACMW was kind enough to admit that their secondary win condition is to outnumber the aristocracy once the game is over (I took this as meaning that either the ship was saved or destroyed). This is obviously a negative to trusting them, but I'm happy to sacrifice a secondary win condition in order to win the game outright.

Whereas my win condition is to outnumber the ACMW, but make sure this thing keeps flying. Ignoring the chance of BURN PHALLA, we at least have a notional "village" here.

I should stop trusting hearsay.

Going by this, the Arivia vote is silly too. ShadowThomas may be the one people want to focus on, since his voting has been entirely bw related.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    wait, damn thread leading me astray. !Arivia , !ShadowThomas

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ok, so we have a new working theory then, right?

the ACMW are un-networked, and want to save the ship, but outnumber the nobles
    the nobles are un-networked, and want to save the ship, but outnumber the ACMW
    the robots are back, probably networked, and trying to destroy our vessel.

if this is the case, we just need to tweak the analysis a bit. we cant use it to find ACMW (we will find them eventually), but we can still use it for robot hunting.

im going back to what i said earlier.

oaklore
    hotran
    shadowthomas
    delmain

pushed simon from 2nd place (ebfan was in first) to a healthy lead.

g_r
    that dave fella
    samurai
    jedi
    3clipse

voted for the clear leader.

personally, i feel that hotran is the most suspicious. his minimal day 1 presence and pushing the simon wagon, followed by his more verbose day 2 vote earlier pinged my radar hard. almost like he was a member of a proboard, and his fellow members were coaching him. however, i find that shadowthomas is a close second, and already has votes on him. this i like.

furthermore, jdarksun, you are not clear of my wrath yet. mafia action regarding spreadsheeters is independent of games. no group of mafia is going to think the same as another. now, if you are human and not robot, they may keep you alive to keep me looking in your direction. so you can thank me for that.

psolms on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

In case anyone missed that, the vote for ariva makes no sense

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Can we get an updated vote count? I really don't want to have to epic reveal unless need to.

And i'm playing like I always do the first few days. I try to blend in because i'm paranoid and think everyone's out to get me.

And Arivia out of self-preservation.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ShadowThomas

Mostly because I don't think I've moved off of 3clipse yet. I don't think killing the doctor is a good plan.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ditto on that vote count, I'd like to know how everything sits right now.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    psolms wrote: »
    ok, so we have a new working theory then, right?

the ACMW are un-networked, and want to save the ship, but outnumber the nobles
    the nobles are un-networked, and want to save the ship, but outnumber the ACMW
    the robots are back, probably networked, and trying to destroy our vessel.

This is pretty much the theory I am working on, old chap. Although I am not assuming that the mafia are necessarily Automatons. They could be some arbitrary other thing. Not that it matters in the least.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well damn.

arivia

Can someone give a Cliff's Notes summary of the rationale for the ShadowThomas-wagon? I must have missed it along the way...

shalmelo on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !Arivia for gravity-induced death! !Arivia for gravity-induced death!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ah, fuck it, never mind. I'm going with Kime. He's been pinging my evil-dar something fierce in this game. And not in the pleasant way that he usually does...
    :winky:

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »
    On the other hand, I find ShadowThomas's voting to be pretty suspicious so far. Yesterday he was right in the middle of the simonwolf bandwagon, right about where it really started to pick up steam and get out of control. Today, he started out on the 3clipse wagon towards the end and then hopped onto the adventfalls bandwagon. To me, it does seem like he's trying to blend in with his vote.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Can someone give a Cliff's Notes summary of the rationale for the ShadowThomas-wagon? I must have missed it along the way...

I have the audacity to play like I usually do.

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ah screw it, !Shadowthomas. Screw it, !Shadowthomas.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok, well, let me try my hand at some post analysis.

Infidel began the game by basically claiming to be a robot.

Then, early today he announced his suspicions of 3clipse. Probably not something he can be faulted for, considering how many people went along with it.

And then when a couple of people had voted for arivia on account of distrusting the win condition disparity, Varcayn was the first to call it a "different win condition," and Infidel followed that up by taking it a step further and saying that it didn't align with the village.

Plus, if Infidel is mafia, he's dangerous as fuck.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Heading out, !Arivia seems like the most reasoned option on the cards for now.

Peace be to you all.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ok, well, let me try my hand at some post analysis.

Infidel began the game by basically claiming to be a robot.

Then, early today he announced his suspicions of 3clipse. Probably not something he can be faulted for, considering how many people went along with it.

And then when a couple of people had voted for arivia on account of distrusting the win condition disparity, Varcayn was the first to call it a "different win condition," and Infidel followed that up by taking it a step further and saying that it didn't align with the village.

Plus, if Infidel is mafia, he's dangerous as fuck.

This is good stuff... it's probably too late to make it happen today, but for what it's worth 3clipse Infidel.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ah, now that I'm home from school and can catch up.

so, Shadowthomas...hmm, it's not a bad suspicion. I find all this stuff with Arivia nonsense, but the Infidel thought isn't bad either.

I think shadowthomas is a good one to go for right now.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    Heading out, !Arivia seems like the most reasoned option on the cards for now.

Peace be to you all.

obviously you havent been paying attention.

arivia did not tell us she had a different win condition.

psolms on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I may have misinterpreted this post, and the subsequent bandwagon in hindsight then. Or perhaps my word choice was just poor based on that recap.

Arivia, I'll think on this a bit more.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    you know what, I'm totally fine with voting out Daius just for that.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ok, I'm reconsidering my earlier vote for !adventfalls now — outing oneself when partially wounded already does seem a bit strict of a posting restriction. Assuming there is a doctor capable of healing him, I suppose we might be able to learn more once the posting restriction wears off. Between the two bandwagons going right now, I guess I'm more swayed by the argument for shadowthomas, but would also like to see a count if one is possible.

JustPlainPavek on