• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    hurro

Hey Mike, how are you?

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Feral wrote: »

My freshman year we had an open campus.

They locked us down my sophomore year.

It fucking sucked.

My highschool was near nothing, so being locked down didn't mean shit. I hated highschool though, because I hung out with assholes and everyday was like talking to myself only with different voices.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I live in an area with three high schools, so I can't go out for anything inbetween 11:00-1:00 because of all the douchebag high school students out on their break.

Are you in Canada or something? Here all the students are locked down from first to last bell.

When I was in school we could leave campus for lunch. Also Seniors could come in late or leave early if they had study halls for the appropriate times. Or why I would only be in school for 1 class every other day.

Well yeah, ain't no reason to go to class as a senior.

I needed senior English to graduate. And I wanted to take the physics trip to the amusement park.
    My freshman year we had an open campus.

Our restrictions actually got looser. It helped that the last few senior classes had learned to not get caught selling booze during our school spirit week...

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    So, skippster... how did the chat with your boss go?

I got a 5/5

and she is putting me in for a promotion

but I got a shitty raise (which is maybe because of the impending promotion?)

and I was expecting a biggun

so, a mixed bag really

In this economy...! :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MMOs are the worst thing
    I hope your mother phones you and reminds you of something you did as a child that brings you great shame and embarassment to this day. "Oh nexus," she'll chuckle. "Remember that time you took a pop on your Great Aunt Flo's freshly embroidered quilt, and she died the next day?"
    This is how you feel about playing WoW? Because if not, you should.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've ranted about my high school experience here before, though. It was pretty much shit.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    yeah, it's still a great job and I'm still making pretty good money

so it's not a huge deal

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ebert's review on my favorite movie, Pulp Fiction, was a delight to read. The man just has a way with words, what can I say?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    MMOs are the worst thing
    I hope your mother phones you and reminds you of something you did as a child that brings you great shame and embarassment to this day. "Oh nexus," she'll chuckle. "Remember that time you took a pop on your Great Aunt Flo's freshly embroidered quilt, and she died the next day?"

If someone sits and plays Dragon Age or Mass Effect or any such for 12 hours and then sasses me for playing WoW they are a silly person, that's all I'm saying.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Quid I saw your message last night and I bet I could help you level!

You probably could!

My sources tell me you are 71! Northrend should not be too bad!

:( Sorry I transferred guys. I'm lvl 62 now.

Awwwww.

A couple of my co-workers were on another server so I transferred about 2 weeks ago. Been grinding away with them and got up to 62 so far. I love Outlands btw. Easy missions ftw!

Well good luck!

But if you ever feel like playing with us again, you know where to find us!

James on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey Quid, just so you know, leveling from 75-80 is easier than 70-75. The XP needed per level stays roughly the same but the quest/mob exp goes up.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My brother got me a Lonely Planet guide book to Hawaii for graduation.

You should all be jealous.

Like, really jealous.
    Lonely Planet suuuuucks. Really retarded tourist gaze with way too much focus on "oooh lookit the locals are so honest and won't you look at that landscape right there? Amaaaaazing and not spoiled by filthy tourist*

*not counting the million other Lonely Planet wankers"

Aldo on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    BBC
    Drinking alcohol every day cuts the risk of heart disease in men by more than a third, a major study suggests.

The Spanish research involving more than 15,500 men and 26,000 women found large quantities of alcohol could be even more beneficial for men.

Female drinkers did not benefit to the same extent, the study in Heart found.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think the saddest day for me was when someone gave me a compliment and my immediate reaction was to react sarcastically because I thought they were making fun of me. I went home and thought long and hard about what kind of person I was becoming.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    How do you lock down a school? How do they keep you from just leaving at lunch, when you have no class, and coming back when class is about to start? A stern warning? A glare?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    lonely planet's website is also not helpful

I wanted to plan cheap trips to cool places

and it did not help me!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey Quid, just so you know, leveling from 75-80 is easier than 70-75. The XP needed per level stays roughly the same but the quest/mob exp goes up.

Plus the questlines are a lot more fun.

James on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    With my GPA I didn't not expect an interview with a medium-sized firm

Much less a Patent&Trademarks firm

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think the saddest day for me was when someone gave me a compliment and my immediate reaction was to react sarcastically because I thought they were making fun of me.

This happens to me a lot.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MMOs are the worst thing

If someone sits and plays Dragon Age or Mass Effect or any such for 12 hours and then sasses me for playing WoW they are a silly person, that's all I'm saying.

Well sure, because Dragon Age is
    lame (spoilered for Thanatos)

and WoW is a psychological trap designed to make addicts feel invested in a digital representation of Blizzard's intellectual property.

TL DR on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Goin' to the Irish Pub for lunch for some fish and chips...

...god I love my new job

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    How do you lock down a school? How do they keep you from just leaving at lunch, when you have no class, and coming back when class is about to start? A stern warning? A glare?

Chain Link fences? I know my school thats what they did, yeah you could jump over them, but without a car you were going nowhere fast. But that was Monroe Washington's town slogan "Going nowhere."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I've ranted about my high school experience here before, though. It was pretty much shit.

The school I went to wasn't bad. There was the usual shit you have to deal with when you're in an area full of teens but the teachers weren't burnouts for the most part. The administration was a mixed bag, we knew if the Principle was drunk based on if he got your name right or not. But both towns that sent students did their best to keep things as fully funded as possible. Complete art department, a very nice set of technical courses, lots of AP classes.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Faculty watching the doors and cameras on the parking lot.

It was much easier to just not show up at all.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    A guy standing in front of the gate physically stopping you. Anyone spotted off school grounds has to do time after classes for a few days. Continued attempts to violate the rules leads to a letter sent to your parent or - failing that - expulsion.

Aldo on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MMOs are the worst thing
    At least I get to choose the 12 hours I play Mass Effect or Dragon Age for.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think the saddest day for me was when someone gave me a compliment and my immediate reaction was to react sarcastically because I thought they were making fun of me.

This happens to me a lot.

Thank god! I mean its horrible we both do this, but outside of my wife when I get a compliment I really think its sarcastic.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2009

They have people walking around the grounds at lunch hour to catch you coming and going.

And they padlock a lot of the gates to make it harder.

Feral on

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Quid I saw your message last night and I bet I could help you level!

You probably could!

My sources tell me you are 71! Northrend should not be too bad!

:( Sorry I transferred guys. I'm lvl 62 now.

Awwwww.

A couple of my co-workers were on another server so I transferred about 2 weeks ago. Been grinding away with them and got up to 62 so far. I love Outlands btw. Easy missions ftw!

Well good luck!

But if you ever feel like playing with us again, you know where to find us!

If I plan on making a new toon I'll make sure you guys know asap. If I do I'll probably go with a shaman or hunter. But I want to get my paly done first.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    edited November 2009

The school I went to wasn't bad. There was the usual shit you have to deal with when you're in an area full of teens but the teachers weren't burnouts for the most part. The administration was a mixed bag, we knew if the Principle was drunk based on if he got your name right or not. But both towns that sent students did their best to keep things as fully funded as possible. Complete art department, a very nice set of technical courses, lots of AP classes.

My teachers were great. I just hated my district's policies.

Feral on

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    i just ate an entire can of ravioli and am still hungry

this is bothersome

Arch on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

They have people walking around the grounds at lunch hour to catch you coming and going.

Pfft...you didn't have a set of keys to the school? Slacker.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    My school was so mediocre in all respects. It wasn't bad, but there was simply little room to find out what you were good at in school.

Aldo on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    One of my friends can't accept compliments. Like it bothers her to say thanks or to even acknowledge that you said something nice. So of course I do it all the time just to make her uncomfortable.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Arch wrote: »
    i just ate an entire can of ravioli and am still hungry

this is bothersome

Chef Boyardee?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MMOs are the worst thing
    At least I get to choose the 12 hours I play Mass Effect or Dragon Age for.

As opposed to WoW players, who are bound to the game by an ethereal force!

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    School "gates". Like whoa!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Pfft...you didn't have a set of keys to the school? Slacker.

No but my senior year I was on the school newspaper and the newspaper teacher liked me. So if I needed to go somewhere I just got him to cover me by claiming that I had to go sell ads or research a story at the county library downtown.

Feral on

• Options
    edited November 2009
    One of my friends can't accept compliments. Like it bothers her to say thanks or to even acknowledge that you said something nice. So of course I do it all the time just to make her uncomfortable.

Really? That seems so out of character to you...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.