Options

Modern Warfare 2: Complete map collection in OP! (NSF56K)

• Options
    Dr.ObliviousDr.Oblivious Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    tofu wrote: »
    Hm. Apparently the EMP does not stop the Tactical Nuke from turning everybody into ashes in the wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaK-fSWxM8

And if you're losing when you use it, you lose anyways.

DUMMMBBB, USELESS KILLSTREAK.

No. Whichever team calls in the nuke wins, even if they are losing.

OHHH I'm dumb, had the perspectives backwards in my mind.

It should be a tie really, everyone is dead, no one really wins.

Dr.Oblivious on
    Eve Name: Locke Ateid
    Steam Name: Dr.Oblivious

If you can't live for the now, at least live for the future.
    Bad+Dreamer.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hm. Apparently the EMP does not stop the Tactical Nuke from turning everybody into ashes in the wind.

Nah, the nuke team wins because the other team is all "FML they probably have more of those."

I did have a game on Wasteland where a guy had gotten the Nuke, and everyone just started spraying bullets from the hip. I followed suit with a Barrett, and actually got a kill through the bushes dividing the map. It was pretty comical.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alright, OP updated with names, although I'll probably be too tired from work to play today, *grumble, grumble*.

And since it was brought up god knows how many pages back, if noone else wants to take responsibility for a second meta-tag, I might be able to bring one up, but in between work, sleep, going through this thread, personal responsibilities and actually playing this game I have little time left in the day.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Bob the InsaneBob the Insane Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It is a shame really... From a gameplay perspective having a hard to achieve effect cancel out another "game winning" hard to achieve effect sounds perfectly sensible... It is probably why the "myth" was so quickly believed, it sounds balanced...

I mean if the Nuke is an auto win you would think whoever gets it is likely to use it straight away and if it can't be stopped then they might as well give you the auto win as soon as the get the Nuke killstreak...

Bob the Insane on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So, am I wrong in thinking that ARs are more usefull than both SMGs and LMGs? I can't think of any situation where an AR wouldn't be the best choice. Or rather, I can, but not many. Not enough to convince me to ever use anything other than my SCAR or ACR.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    see when I'm making this post? from this time to two hours before is a terrible time to play Pub HQ. it was constant idiots vs party-group. me being put in the idiots group since the party group is in a party and thus mostly on the same team

guys guys that the HQ please stop running away from it. kind sir why are you standing in this corner halfway across the map? sir sir please stop blocking the doorway so i can get to the HQ and actually cap it or something maybe? guys, would you kindly stop standing outside the HQ and actually come inside and cap it?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hahahaha

I just broke one of the campaign missions. I blew up the SAM site with a predator missile and now all the friendly NPCs are stuck. I even tried pushing forward, killed all the enemies that spawned but they're still sitting back by the destroyed SAM site.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »
    So, am I wrong in thinking that ARs are more usefull than both SMGs and LMGs? I can't think of any situation where an AR wouldn't be the best choice. Or rather, I can, but not many. Not enough to convince me to ever use anything other than my SCAR or ACR.

I do mainly use the FAL, but an ACOG Vector is still pretty cool.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If someone is standing in a window taking shots at someone, do NOT stand right next to them to "help" them shoot. Especially if you're all hoppy and attention drawing.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    They totally should, it's a good target for a grenade because they are basically a nice target to slam a grenade into to kill both of them.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Nobody ever wins at tic tac toe http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/

Tommatt on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    They totally should, it's a good target for a grenade because they are basically a nice target to slam a grenade into to kill both of them.
    YES. Please, people, telegraph the locations of your snipers to me so I can more easily kill them.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Not that I know enough to disagree with the conclusion, but in that video the same team that calls in the nuke also calls in the EMP. That itself is not evidence, then, because in MW2 EMP's somehow only target one team.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I had an emp go off the other day. My laser sight stopped working, and I continued on killing people as usual.

Iriah on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    EMP should be replaced with a giant American propaganda spewing robot.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Not that I know enough to disagree with the conclusion, but in that video the same team that calls in the nuke also calls in the EMP. That itself is not evidence, then, because in MW2 EMP's somehow only target one team.

Might wanna watch it again because that's not what happened.

"The enemy is EMPd. Their electronics are offline."

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »

it could be true for every LMG except for the aug HBAR. . . the HBAR is just like, a better AR.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    thelobsterthelobster Registered User new member
    edited November 2009
    In my Opinion this is game is the best "shooter" ever. Better than the Killzone2, better than Operation Flashpoint and yeah ... even better than Halflife².

I played it through 4 times and the campaign is still not boring. No game before catched the atmosphere of a war in a such realistic way.

thelobster on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Might wanna watch it again because that's not what happened.

"The enemy is EMPd. Their electronics are offline."

Ah. I'd thought it said "The enemy has EMP'd, our electronics are offline." Now that I listen for the actual thing they usually say, I see you're right. EMP gets used so rarely, considering how huge a bitch it is to get compared to its limited usefulness.

I really only ever see EMP get used from a supply crate. Has a supply crate ever had a nuke?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

967377-f3_mg_liberty_prime_super.jpg

LIBERTY PRIME DESTROOOOOY

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So no sooner did I convey my hatred of painkiller, that it proved itself to me. painkiller active rushed into a room with three jerks all shooting at me. I mowed two of em down with my RPD, and leeroy jenkins'd the last guy with my knife. got some painkiller challenge completed for it too. So I guess when it works for me, I love painkiller, but when it works against me I hate it. (Which is pretty much everything in MW2 MP)

I completely agree with all the love the SCAR-H is gettin'. Switched to it to play Counter-Strike (Search and Destroy) and this thing's a beast. Wish it had more ammo, but that's what's scavenger's for. I have a new "They be Hatin'" class. Scar with nade launcher, Thumper, Frag, Stun, Scavenger, Hardline (useless so far cause im terrible), radar jammer. Good times. This is the first MP game where I'm still happy and content to keep playing even though I am absolutely terrible at it because IW are smart. Even if you suck, you still get immense enjoyment when you kill some asshole and the words "Buzzkill!" flash across your screen.

Liberty Prime! Fuck Tac Nuke, I want a giant robot that spouts off hatred against commies while chucking mini nukes at them like footballs.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    thelobster wrote: »
    In my Opinion this is game is the best "shooter" ever. Better than the Killzone2, better than Operation Flashpoint and yeah ... even better than Halflife².

I played it through 4 times and the campaign is still not boring. No game before catched the atmosphere of a war in a such realistic way.

I'm hoping a person who's actually been in war could clarify but this game seems the complete opposite of what you're suggesting. It seems far too hollywood to be realistic.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Has a supply crate ever had a nuke?

No nukes in crates.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Just to re-iterate how terrible I am (cause I'm bored at work)

I died last night by attempting to sprint across an open area of sub-base, and my own team's supply drop fell on my head. Didn't see any smoke btw

Then on quary, I was comming around a corner and bumped a wooden crate pallete thing which glitched into the ground and then shot into my head killing me (the game ruled it a suicide)

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, I'm giving strong consideration to moving my death-streak reward back to painkiller. Final stand is ok, but I tend to just keep getting shot in the face. It's nice though when someone puts me in final stand and I kill him, and then I kill his buddy who watched me go down. I did that last night and secured an air-drop crate while someone picked it up (I think it was Kris' air-drop).

I got a good laugh last night really randomly out of Kris. We were playing Invasion and some ass-hat was camping around a corner. I didn't see this guy, but all of the sudden I hear (in Kris' voice)
    "Is he camping around that corner?

Oh yeah, he is.

C'mere you."

The "come here you" thing had a really weird voice-inflection going on that just cracked me up.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Just to re-iterate how terrible I am (cause I'm bored at work)

I died last night by attempting to sprint across an open area of sub-base, and my own team's supply drop fell on my head. Didn't see any smoke btw

Then on quary, I was comming around a corner and bumped a wooden crate pallete thing which glitched into the ground and then shot into my head killing me (the game ruled it a suicide)
    I've been killed by two of my own crates. Sometimes they kind of go bouncing and rolling when they land. It's awfully embarrassing.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There should be a booby-trapped crate drop killstreak reward.

Mainly to kill fuckers on your team who think it's hilarious to steal your drops.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Insanity wrote: »

Mainly to kill fuckers on your team who think it's hilarious to steal your drops.

I don't understand this. You get a bonus for a team-mate taking your crate, and they're going to use it just about as effectively as you are. It's not like the Predator, Chopper Gunner or AC-130 take that much skill to operate.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Big Isy wrote: »

I'm hoping a person who's actually been in war could clarify but this game seems the complete opposite of what you're suggesting. It seems far too hollywood to be realistic.

Well, I mean, I guess insofar as I can't find any alcohol in the game it's realistic....

SammyF on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SammyF wrote: »

Well, I mean, I guess insofar as I can't find any alcohol in the game it's realistic....

There's plenty of it, when you gotta rescue the HVI just after taking out the AAA guns in Arcadia theres a tango looting the refridgerator. Further in there's some guys sat down drinking beer. ANd I'm sure there's folks drinking right at the beginning just before entering the pitt.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Know what I love? That there's an Airplane! quote in every MW game so far.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SammyF wrote: »

There's plenty of it, when you gotta rescue the HVI just after taking out the AAA guns in Arcadia theres a tango looting the refridgerator. Further in there's some guys sat down drinking beer. ANd I'm sure there's folks drinking right at the beginning just before entering the pitt.

Oh, well I take it back.

And concede that Russians looting a refridgerator for booze is actually probably fairly realistic. Back in the USSR (queue it up on your iPods now!) there were dispensers with metal cups on street corners that you could put your rubles into for bad vodka. Like coffee machines that dispensed only Irish coffee, hold the coffee.

SammyF on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

A riot shield protects you from infinite rounds of assault rifle ammunition.

Running around like a madman with a knife is not only a viable tactic, it's damn effective.

You can call in a tactical nuclear weapon if you kill enough dudes.

Of course this isn't anything resembling real.

It is however a lot of fun which is what I think lobster was saying.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Isn't ARMA the most realistic out there? I thought this was established.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I just got the m16 and it is the bees knees. It took me a round or two to get used to it but its just lovely having people die from one nice little burst. Stopping power would be hilarious with it.

I must have a different gun than you... because unless it's short range, a single burst doesn't always kill with the M16 without stopping power. Maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance, but putting stopping power on it is a guaranteed one burst kill and that's what I want from the M16.

What's everyone's setup with their M16? Ideally I want to go silenced/scope with Bling, Cold Blooded and Ninja. I still don't have a good setup using that combo :(

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Willeth wrote: »
    Insanity wrote: »

I don't understand this. You get a bonus for a team-mate taking your crate, and they're going to use it just about as effectively as you are. It's not like the Predator, Chopper Gunner or AC-130 take that much skill to operate.

Not to mention you loot your own crate about 5 times faster than any teammate can, so if they're taking it from you you're either not near your crate or you're unconscious.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Isn't ARMA the most realistic out there? I thought this was established.

Nah, Red Orchestra.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    What's everyone's setup with their M16? Ideally I want to go silenced/scope with Bling, Cold Blooded and Ninja. I still don't have a good setup using that combo :(

I usually go holographic sights, marathon/sleight depending on map, then stopping power and ninja.

Ninja is pretty much on all my builds now, silent sprinting kicks the shit out of the other perks the way I play. Usually I'm tactically inserting behind spawns/near bomb sites so when people kill me I'm behind them without making a sound.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I don't bother with sights for the M16 since the irons are fine.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Iron sights usually bug me. Bit of recoil and suddenly your target is hidden under your gun somewhere, I find it much easier to track moving objects with a sight. Besides, there's nothing I'd really rather have on the gun. Maybe a noob tube and scavenger I guess?

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg