As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[miniphalla] PhallaKart: Mini Circuit - Tryclyde obtains the Mini Cup

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Crap, I need to go to sleep.

If we lose, it's everyone's fault but mine.

Also, put me in first place. First place is going to die no matter what anyway. Might as well put someone with only a medium amount of votes in there and save the heavy hitters for second, third, and fourth.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Also, put me in first place. First place is going to die no matter what anyway. Might as well put someone with only a medium amount of votes in there and save the heavy hitters for second, third, and fourth.

sigh....

no....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, putting votes (both red and blue) on anyone who is 6th (17 points) or worse might just be a waste. If there's any mafia in the top five, then they will probably already carry enough points to not worry about not taking 1st place against those that fall below them in the rankings. I still think the best plan of action is to focus our votes on the top five in some fashion. That means Gandalf should probably change his vote away from Tiphareth - he might be too far behind to be in contention.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    !Kime

How did you people only manage to kill one dude yesterday

All terrible

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, putting votes (both red and blue) on anyone who is 6th (17 points) or worse might just be a waste. If there's any mafia in the top five, then they will probably already carry enough points to not worry about not taking 1st place against those that fall below them in the rankings. I still think the best plan of action is to focus our votes on the top five in some fashion. That means Gandalf should probably change his vote away from Tiphareth - he might be too far behind to be in contention.

Like I said, TWD and to a lesser extent Shalmelo and Kime have enough points to win from Second or Third Place, regardless of whoever takes first. Putting them in first place only makes them easier targets for blue shells and reduces the number of people standing between the mafia and first place. By putting someone like Tiphareth in 1st, we neutralize the Blue Shell and both increase the number of players the mafia has to take out to reach first while still forcing mafia who are lucky enough to have our support to contend with TWD.

Let me put it like this

1st Place in Race (Tiph)
    2nd Place in Race (Kime)
    3rd Place in Race (Shalmelo)
    4th Place in Race (TWD)

or

1st Place in Race (Kime)
    2nd Place in Race (Shalmelo)
    3rd Place in Race (TWD)

In scenario two, putting Shalmelo within on vote of Kime allows you to hit them with Blue Shells. Then you hit TWD with a Red Shell or Bomb and he's gone, allowing a Mafia to take the lead.

In scenario one, the Blue Shell only takes out Tiphareth and, at best, Shalmelo or Kime. After that you still need two kill items for the survivor in the top three and TWD.

Because you put Tiphareth in first, you neutralize the Blue Shell by ensuring it can only hit an unimportant player and push a player with more points into 1st (2nd) (3rd) while also giving the Mafia one more person to handle.

Beyond that, there's the stated risk of Blue Sparks killing the person in first.

That's not to say we need Tiph in there, of course. We just need to make sure that the people with the highest number of points aren't in first. Definitely don't put TWD in there. Also, definitely try to control the top four rather than just the top three or, worse yet, the top two.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

sigh....

no....

Dunadan, you're abrasive like steel wool on the side of my face. I hate you like Bruce Wayne hates crime.

Unless you just mean I shouldn't be put in first, in which case I agree. I'd rather put someone with 17-19 points there.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The biggest potential threat to us, I think, is the possibility of a Mafia in our Top 3 for Points so far.

Let's not kill any unless we're sure we don't want them anywhere near first place, though. They're also our greatest asset, after all.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I have to work again tomorrow, so I'm going to go ahead and vote in case of disaster.

Gut-check at the moment says not to trust kime.

And Robos is making sense, mostly. Not sure about any of the specific choices, except for the fact that Tiphareth seems fairly trustworthy, so I like him for 2nd or 3rd.

Th-th-th-this is the first time someone called me trustworthy. I'm so happy I cou- I cou- I could cry.

Also, I fully approve of any plan putting me in the lead. Even if I die, I would have been first.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Actually, I wasn't supporting putting you in the lead. I was going with Robo's plan of putting you in 2nd or 3rd.

*goes to work for the day*

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, that isn't too bad either.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm not mafia but I can't prove it so I'm not sure it's a fruitful topic of discussion.

Non-game related nitpickery follows:
    Robos, how did you come up with TWD? The Walt Dogg? Usually people go for Funky or FWD.

I gotta say though, I like TWD better than Dogg, so if it's your thing keep using it by all means.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Sooorrryyy, Funky.

I've never even noticed you before this game, and even then not until the latter part of it, so I'm having trouble remembering your name. If it helps, you can call me Rubbles.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Actually, Tiphareth belongs in the number one spot more than MrBlarney. The dude with the lowest number of votes belongs there, and if 17 is the lowest of all the people we're voting for then obviously hee needs to be in the number one spot.

2nd+3rd place should go to Kime, Shalmelo, eecc or MrBlarney. We need to decide whom to trust among them.

And of course 4th goes to Funky.

Finally shalmelo because Dunadan's judgment is generally alright (and yet he voted for eecc, who has less votes) and I said I wouldn't red vote kime.

My picks summed up.

1- Tiphareth (7 votes)
    2- MrBlarney (4 votes)
    3- Kime (4 votes)
    4- FWD (1 vote)

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Made you look!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am terribly disappointed in the lack of points I have received.

You should all be ashamed.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Infidel wrote: »
    Made you look!

:?

Darian on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Made you look!
    You are such a bad person :lol:

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    What a dick!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I think !Blarney is not evil, so I will endorse him doing well by voting for him.

shalmelo and/or kime is evil though. Let's go with shalmelo to switch things up from the last two days.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

sigh....

no....

Dunadan, you're abrasive like steel wool on the side of my face. I hate you like Bruce Wayne hates crime.

Unless you just mean I shouldn't be put in first, in which case I agree. I'd rather put someone with 17-19 points there.

what you want is for someone with no points to come in first with FWD in second and everyone else in last. anyone in last should drift so that those who use items (mafia) end up behind them.

so put daius in first to suck up some blue shells

put FWD behind him with a 4 vote deficit and NOONE ELSE GETS ANY VOTES.

I don't think shalmelo is evil but eecc almost certainly is and is in a position to jump ahead if he can eliminate the people in front of him.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wouldn't it just take a Blue Shell and a Red Shell, Two Red Shells, or a Blue Shell/Red Shell and a Bob-Bomb from someone with 3 votes from the Mafia to take out both Daius and FWD? Hell, if the Blue Spark thing takes out Daius, you only need 1 item to take out FWD.

Am I missing something in your plan?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wouldn't it just take a Blue Shell and a Red Shell, Two Red Shells, or a Blue Shell/Red Shell and a Bob-Bomb from someone with 3 votes from the Mafia to take out both Daius and FWD? Hell, if the Blue Spark thing takes out Daius, you only need 1 item to take out FWD.

theres only 3 left assuming normal balance.

and there are ways to block red shells.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can't believe that y'all are still falling for kime's act.

And robos, you've got me wrong, although I understand your being suspicious after the minimalist game.

Still waiting on some village consensus before I give out my blue vote, but I'm going to campaign for myself one last time:

BlueVote melo! For the good of the village! When has Luigi ever steered you wrong?

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited November 2009

theres only 3 left assuming normal balance.

and there are ways to block red shells.

Do we know that Daius or FWD have a way to block Red Shells?

Anyway, I did forget that you can't vote for yourself, so assuming we can get the village to go along with a plan the Mafia can only put two votes into their candidate of choice.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Naw, it's not a grudge thing shal. I only picked you because Duna said you were evil and, if you are, you're a bigger threat than eecc. Now that duna's taken it back, I have to think for myself and shit.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    shalmelo wrote: »
    I can't believe that y'all are still falling for kime's act.

Actually, I've got 4 red votes already, no one trusts me :(.

Muahahaha

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Go for broke!

It's Rainbow Road and the Mini Cup is on the line.

PM your strategy, trick, tactic, whatever to Infidel in order to increase your position. Submissions should be along the lines of the events that took place prior, but creativity is encouraged.

The top five submissions will result in a bonus, rated on creativity, presentation, and feasibility.

Submissions close one hour before race end.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hmm. I'm starting to come around somewhat on Robos A Go Go's plan. It's not a foolproof plan, but then what is in this game? But I see what you're trying to do with the Blue Shell thing, making a 'bait' target. I kind of think the 4th place vote-earner should have more than one vote, if we set one up, so give them more power against drifters - drifters would drive down FunkyWaltDogg in your scenario. It's safer to go with only three people with blue spark votes, but that'd also require more trust in the ones that are voted for.

I'll go with your plan for now, however. !blue spark Tiphareth.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If you guys want a first-place bait target, I'm all for it.... better than being red-voted :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    That's a good point. We could do 7-4-3-2 and/or move FWD up to third place.

Also, FWD and anyone we're voting for should either drift or use their items so that random drifting players can't overtake them.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Go for broke!

PM your strategy, trick, tactic, whatever to Infidel in order to increase your position. Submissions should be along the lines of the events that took place prior, but creativity is encouraged.

The top five submissions will result in a bonus, rated on creativity, presentation, and feasibility.

You are gonna post these after the game, right?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    voting tiph forward is the dumbest idea

as I have said before.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Why is Daius better? If first place doesn't have enough points to actually win, then the mafia can just take out FWD and then put their highest ranking member in second. They'd lose the race, but still win the game.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Why is Daius better?

because he can't win the cup since he has next to no points.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Again, I volunteer to be first! I'll take the risk of a blue shell.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Again, I volunteer to be first! I'll take the risk of a blue shell.

no.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Go for broke!

You are gonna post these after the game, right?

Naturally.

FYI, my brother will be the one going over these as a neutral third party, he doesn't know anyone and doesn't know who is or isn't mafia.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Someone should make a Phalla-Phalla where all the roles are Phalla players and the really annoying ones have special powers linked to their personalities.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's been done, Robos. (And yes, everyone is pretty annoying. :P)
    Why is Daius better?

because he can't win the cup since he has next to no points.

Hmm. I thought we were voting Tiphareth since he has an outside chance of victory and was fairly trusted.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Then I'm sorry I couldn't be a part of that!

Robos A Go Go on
This discussion has been closed.