As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thinking about an XBox 360

Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
I currently own a Wii and I'm quite happy with it, with the exception of it's graphics and game selection of course, but aside from that I do use it fairly often.

The main reason I'm looking at an XBox 360 is because my wife prefers a standard game controller versus the Wii controllers, which is funny because I prefer the Wii controllers for comfort reasons.

Anyways, so I was wondering what games on the 360 women tend to prefer, in addition to whether or not to invest in the 360 Elite or the Arcade, and things to consider when buying them....

Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
Movie Collection
Foody Things
Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
Nakatomi2010 on

• Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I doubt all women prefer the same games. What does she like?

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Xbox Live Arcade is the shit and is probably my favorite feature of the console. For it a hard drive is needed, so you should go with the elite. Besides, you should be able to find an elite bundled with a game or two this holiday season at no extra cost.

So get yourself an extra controller and some xbox live points. Get yourself Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise as well. Not because it is cute and colorful and therefore girls would like it (because that's sexist), but because it has co-op and is probably one of the best damn games for the system.

May as well throw in a copy of Rockband (with the instruments) and Rockband: The Beatles (just the game) as well, because fuck, it's the Beatles, and a woman who does not like The Beatles ain't worth living with.

I have wireless controllers, though I did wish I went with wired instead. The battery packs that came with the recharge kits only lasted for about two years, and the wired controllers can be used on a PC if you do any PC gaming, so keep that in mind.

Sanders on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sanders wrote: »
    I have wireless controllers, though I did wish I went with wired instead. The battery packs that came with the recharge kits only lasted for about two years, and the wired controllers can be used on a PC if you do any PC gaming, so keep that in mind.

The wireless ones can be used with a PC as well, though it requires a dongle.

A dongle that appears to be discontinued, but can still be found around.

Wired controllers are just hateful, though.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Sanders wrote: »

The wireless ones can be used with a PC as well, though it requires a dongle.

A dongle that appears to be discontinued, but can still be found around.

Wired controllers are just hateful, though.

The dongle comes packaged with some wireless controllers now, though I've heard terrible things about it (especially if you try to run two controllers off of one).

Sanders on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Geometry Wars 2 is a game I think anyone can enjoy.

But I think you'd be better off naming what kinds of games your wife enjoys so we could recommend from there.

SteevL on