Options

(MiniPhalla) Proto Man's Revenge - Game Over, Wily Dead Mafia Win!

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    Robos, I have no idea why it makes more sense to vote for Ebfan when Delmain saved you last night with the vote. Why should we vote for Ebfan?

Uh, if I was mafia, I'd have bothered to save myself with my own vote instead of waiting for a fellow mafia to save me.

I didn't because I'm not really invested in this game right now, partly because I don't have a cool role.

Anyway, just promise me that you'll all feel stupid when you find out I'm just a villager.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Anyway, just promise me that you'll all feel stupid when you find out I'm just a villager.

I know I won't. As you mentioned, it would have been easier to save yourself. And Dunadumb's theory doesn't take into consideration two villagers for 1st/2nd last night.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I didn't because I'm not really invested in this game right now, partly because I don't have a cool role.

The Dunadan Defense?

Houn on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Alright, Robos is grudged forever now.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Actually, my bad. That wasn't Dunadan, I'm thinking of The_Reflection. It was Reflection that went on a tirade about how boring Phalla is if you're not a special. My bad.

Since early childhood, I have often confused Sharks and Robots...

Houn on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Actually, my bad. That wasn't Dunadan, I'm thinking of The_Reflection. It was Reflection that went on a tirade about how boring Phalla is if you're not a special. My bad.

Ah yes, I remember that. Which one was that? Whedonverse? That was a fun game.

But yeah, I hate that frame of mind and the argument that always ensues from it.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So the fact that I didn't care to vote for LoserForHire means nothing, whereas claiming to be indifferent is damning?

Seriously, how is it sound mafia strategy to let Protoman vote in your defense while you yourself let the matter slide? Any of you who've been mafia know that it's more likely that you'll vote for your teammates than try to break their bandwagon.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So the fact that I didn't care to vote for LoserForHire means nothing, whereas claiming to be indifferent is damning?

Seriously, how is it sound mafia strategy to let Protoman vote in your defense while you yourself let the matter slide? Any of you who've been mafia know that it's more likely that you'll vote for your teammates than try to break their bandwagon.
    If you claim you were too indifferent to save yourself, it doesn't matter what your role is, you've already gave a reason why you didn't vote Loser to save yourself. So yes, it does mean nothing.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »

Ah yes, I remember that. Which one was that? Whedonverse? That was a fun game.

But yeah, I hate that frame of mind and the argument that always ensues from it.

It's not that I'm bored. It's that I know I'm going to be voted out sooner or later if there's a bandwagon on me on day one. The only times this hasn't been the case is when I've revealed as a Seer and, strangely enough, in Telephone phalla when I actually was a mafia.

I knew i couldn't actually defend myself on day one since, you know, it was day one and there was nothing to use in my defense. Now, on day two, I'm defending myself by contradicting the notion that Delmain would vote in my defense if I was mafia. I don't think that's the case.

That said, I don't expect to change anyone's minds and I know my death won't be a serious blow to the village, so I'm not going to fight as hard as I usually do.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    For future reference, though, Dunadan has played enough games with me to know that it's really easy to start a bandwagon against me. if he was mafia, it might make sense to vote against me in order to start that bandwagon and stall the village for another day.

That said, this doesn't necessarily mean he's mafia. To determine that, think about whether or not he seemed to have a good reason to cast that initial vote against me.

Also, bear in mind that unlike most of you, he doesn't suspect me of being mafia in every game we play.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    For future reference, though, Dunadan has played enough games with me to know that it's really easy to start a bandwagon against me. if he was mafia, it might make sense to vote against me in order to start that bandwagon and stall the village for another day.

That said, this doesn't necessarily mean he's mafia. To determine that, think about whether or not he seemed to have a good reason to cast that initial vote against me.

Also, bear in mind that unlike most of you, he doesn't suspect me of being mafia in every game we play.
    I don't either! Really though, Dunadan tends to just throw out accusations that are completely unfounded, confidently said, and usually wrong (<3 Duny!). The fact that... you know, there's a reason this time is kind of shocking.

And it's not a very bad reason either. Not particularly good, but meh, it's day two.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I feel I've noticed dunadan being right more often than not, but that might just be confirmation bias!

But on the other hand, I've never actually known mafia to be vehemently for voting me out. Usually it's just misguided villagers.

Mafia is usually a bit more level-headed and sometimes even courteous. I attribute this to knowing my affiliation by virtue of their role.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I feel I've noticed dunadan being right more often than not, but that might just be confirmation bias!

But on the other hand, I've never actually known mafia to be vehemently for voting me out. Usually it's just misguided villagers.

Mafia is usually a bit more level-headed and sometimes even courteous.
    Gasp! I'm mafia!? Who knew!? :P

STOP EDITING YOUR POSTS

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Futile Kime vote.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm still waiting on two mafia to reveal themselves to me. Please do so quickly as I am pretty busy today and might not be able to tell the thread to vote you out if you don't reveal in a timely fashion.

Also, you know, anyone with powers and such should contact me.

I'd just like to add, on a personal note, most of you who have contacted me so far have been terribly unhelpful.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'd just like to add, on a personal note, most of you who have contacted me so far have been terribly unhelpful.

hi5

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Also, I'm sorry if it came off like I was bitching about just being a vanillager. I've enjoyed being a vanillager in the past, and I could easily do so again.

I just think it'd be a waste of energy to try and convince people not to vote for me. In my experience, there's nothing I can do about that, so it seems to make more sense to just resign myself.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    kime wrote: »

I don't either! Really though, Dunadan tends to just throw out accusations that are completely unfounded, confidently said, and usually wrong (<3 Duny!). The fact that... you know, there's a reason this time is kind of shocking.

And it's not a very bad reason either. Not particularly good, but meh, it's day two.

Im always right Kime.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Im always right Kime.
    Of course you are, Duny, of course you are.

All right Robos, three (or more?) edits on that earlier post, really? I shouldn't have to scroll up to see what the conversation is going to look like for people reading it later!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Robos, this is getting so ridiculous that I will be very surprised if you do not turn up village idiot

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    pigeonking wrote: »
    Robos, this is getting so ridiculous that I will be very surprised if you do not turn up village idiot

It's amazing that everyone keeps forgetting that this same exact situation has played out over so many other mafia games, excepting of course the two instances where I was actually a mafia.

1). A bandwagon starts on me for no reason.

2). I attempt to defend myself.

3). Defending myself somehow confirms everyone's suspicions, and the bandwagon becomes unanimous.

Never once have you people been right. Maybe my behavior is erratic and grating, but surely you ought to know by now that that's just how I always am, not an indication of guilt.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    pigeonking wrote: »

It's amazing that everyone keeps forgetting that this same exact situation has played out over so many other mafia games, excepting of course the two instances where I was actually a mafia.

1). A bandwagon starts on me for no reason.

2). I attempt to defend myself.

3). Defending myself somehow confirms everyone's suspicions, and the bandwagon becomes unanimous.

Never once have you people been right. Maybe my behavior is erratic and grating, but surely you ought to know by now that that's just how I always am, not an indication of guilt.

What do you mean, "you people," ? :P

There's a fairly good reason for this bandwagoning. Your argument that you should have just voted for Loser yourself if you were mafia assumes that you were actually present between the time things tied up and Delmain voted for Loser. Which, going by your 12:00 post, you weren't. It's easily possible that Delmain tried to save you, since him switching his vote back would generate less suspicion than one of the other mafia members suddenly stepping in.

As a side note, Delmain's ghost-post "I knew this was gonna happen" sounds (to me) as if he's trying to convince us he knew he was getting vig'd, and threw away his vote on you (edit: to trick us into bandwagoning you.) Which is unlikely, unless Garroad contacted him to see if he was a special first.

Finally, you threw out a post claiming to be the vig if Kias died. While it's a long shot, it could have been correct, considering a few people grudged Kias coming into this game. Then, you edited the post so it read more like a joke.

Sorry, but from my point of view you're likely mafia, and at worst, just an unhelpful villager.

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's always so hard to get a handle on who is what in these games. So much history between the players I feel like it will be awhile before I can wrap my head around all the relationships and grudges.

However there seem to be some good points out there and I don't want to be seen an unfashionable so...

Robos

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    There's a fairly good reason for this bandwagoning. Your argument that you should have just voted for Loser yourself if you were mafia assumes that you were actually present between the time things tied up and Delmain voted for Loser. Which, going by your 12:00 post, you weren't. It's easily possible that Delmain tried to save you, since him switching his vote back would generate less suspicion than one of the other mafia members suddenly stepping in.

I was here when Loser and I were tied at 3 votes each.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Yeah, I was very shocked that Dunadan illustrated a real reason... almost to the point of trusting his reasoning without checking myself :D. The only flaw is that Delmain originally did vote for Loser, then changed it to BL and back to Loser. Still, better than anything we've got so far.

Also Kime, you're still forgetting your :whistle:

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    If you are a good special and do not contact me within the next three hours or so, there's an extremely good chance you will become the sole reason for a village loss and have to deal with all the ensuing grudges.

Just letting you know.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

okay. I assumed you weren't there because normally when you're on your post count is much higher. That being said, my other reasons still make sense to me, and I think you're the best lead.

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Yeah, like 8 hours before vote close.

I dunno, there's a few people I want to vote for on account of they're really dangerous people to have as mafia, but I'm gonna stick with the single, thin strand of reasoning that we do have.

Robos A Go Go

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Yeah, I was very shocked that Dunadan illustrated a real reason... almost to the point of trusting his reasoning without checking myself :D. The only flaw is that Delmain originally did vote for Loser, then changed it to BL and back to Loser. Still, better than anything we've got so far.

Also Kime, you're still forgetting your :whistle:

I gave a real reason begrudgingly.

normally giving a real reason would require me to give all of my knowledge on the phalla and then include all of what I know about deception in a single post.

and my fingers get tired real quick.

this time, It just so happens that voting robos out is so obvious that I can give a short reason without having to go into too much background or theory. even if he is a vanillager as he claims, the circumstances of the vote are too fishy to ignore.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I dunno, there's a few people I want to vote for on account of they're really dangerous people to have as mafia, but I'm gonna stick with the single, thin strand of reasoning that we do have.

Robos A Go Go

I read this as: I'm killing Dunadan tonight.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think you dudes have a bad habit of mistaking weird behavior for mafia behavior.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Course, I also have a habit of deciding on someone's guilt then working to justify it, as I did when I said duna was guilty.

I do think kime is, though. Mark my words!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Robos A Go Go

It's a self fulfilling prophesy.

You're right of course. That's why I have to kill you.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I dunno, there's a few people I want to vote for on account of they're really dangerous people to have as mafia...

Am I on that list? Please say I'm on that list.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I think you dudes have a bad habit of mistaking weird behavior for mafia behavior.

I didn't base the vote on your behavior at all.

when a mafia member dies without knowing he's going to die and then breaks a tie close to vote close resulting in someone elses death, the smart thing to do is look at the other person. especially when usually the person who breaks said tie is suspicious and ties sometimes kill both people which is good for the mafia and if neither tries to defend themselves from a day 1 vote in a vanilla game, it means that neither is special which if they are both innocent the mafia can then narrow down their suspects for specials by 1 person.... so why break the tie?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Robos A Go Go

It's a self fulfilling prophesy.

You're right of course. That's why I have to kill you.

so long as I'm right.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I bet if you had an Amy avatar, no one would vote for you, Dunny.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I bet if you had an Amy avatar, no one would vote for you, Dunny.

Guh!

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dunadan's avatar actually made me feel sad for my day 1 vote :(

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    All I'm thinking of now is if Dunadan's personality would adapt to fit the Amy avatar like others have said it has done to fit the Bender avatar.

*shudder*

Rawkking Goodguy on
This discussion has been closed.