As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where did the forums go?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Geebs61 wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    If you'd let yourselves enjoy it, it's fun, guys. And it's only for a few days a year. If you really can't stand to be away from G&T or D&D or SE++ for a few days, then you probably need to get away from the forums for a few days, anyhow.

Man, fuck that noise. I just came back. My boss is a Jew, does that count? Will that get me into your super exclusive forumses? Or will I be jailed for insufficient Jewerry?

Y'know what would be really awesome? If instead of bans or infractions, violators got ninja-assassinated, jewish-ninja-assassinated, like that time when assassin mods were stalking the forums a couple years ago, assassinating people. That was fun.
    killed with a ninja star of david

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    If you'd let yourselves enjoy it, it's fun, guys. And it's only for a few days a year. If you really can't stand to be away from G&T or D&D or SE++ for a few days, then you probably need to get away from the forums for a few days, anyhow.

This is the last thing I'm going to say about it, but it's just something that bothers me. Something always seems to come up that makes the TF2 thread not there when an update rolls around. Last big update Tube got pissed at it about something and locked it for a few days, now this one. I wouldn't mind having to have a Hanukkah Fortress or something, but as Tube said, he doesn't want to deal with us "retards" for awhile. You know, he'd rather deal with an entire forum packed into one that's handing out infractions left and right.

But, like I said, I'm done complaining. I understand it's all for fun, and I'm going to take it at that. I don't pay for PA, so you guys have the right to do whatever you want.

Although I wouldn't mind paying a small yearly subscription or something for a few rights here.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2009
    Literally everything I do in life is engineered specifically to ruin the TF2 updates.

Tube on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That is precisely what I was insinuating.

I'm not saying you are doing it on purpose, I'm just saying your timing sucks.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited December 2009
    I mean there is a Jew Fortress thread

Unknown User on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't understand how people have a hard time wrapping their brains around the fact that we are all subject to the whims of an utter madman?

It's much more fun to go along with it and enjoy the ride.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

I think you'll find my timing impeccable. My festive forums are never late, nor are they early. They arrive precisely when they are meant to.

Tube on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Literally everything I do in life is engineered specifically to ruin the TF2 updates.

Hes not joking.

tubescalendar.jpg

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

I think you'll find my timing impeccable. My festive forums are never late, nor are they early. They arrive precisely when they are meant to.

which is why we love you

Antimatter on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

which is why we love you

I thought it was because we feared his wrath, should we be insufficiently devoted?

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I haven't been on the forums for months. I came here hoping to discuss the ongoing and official dickerdoodle contest before I leave the country. For shame.

For the record, I said why only Hanukkah.

It's not only Hanukkah?
    It's also Christmas, New Years, Halloween, and probably a few other things.

Basically any day you should be out having fun with your family and friends, the mods get combined into one so people who don't do that, can at least do it all together instead of hanging out in little empty shells of their normal cliques.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Geebs61Geebs61 Ruiner PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I haven't been on the forums for months. I came here hoping to discuss the ongoing and official dickerdoodle contest before I leave the country. For shame.

It's not only Hanukkah?

Basically any day you should be out having fun with your family and friends, the mods get combined into one so people who don't do that, can at least do it all together instead of hanging out in little empty shells of their normal cliques.

I think you should take a look at the forum index. It is only Hanukkah. I have been jailed because I lacked the Jewocity to hang with the rest of y'all.

Geebs61 on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009

It's not only Hanukkah?

I think you should take a look at the forum index. It is only Hanukkah. I have been jailed because I lacked the Jewocity to hang with the rest of y'all.

You need a blood trans-jew-sion stat.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I love the Penny-arcade holidays. Its like a performance art piece as a whole. It brings out all shades of the internet at once. And this year is proving quite enjoyable. I for one applaud our Kosher Overlords.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

It's not only Hanukkah?

This time it's only hanukkah. We've done dozens of these forums for various holidays.

Tube on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    We should really do Saturnalia next year.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I should sue because the forums are discriminating against me because I'm not Jewish enough. Pretty sure there's some sort of secret irony there.

Seriously though, I'm in the middle of a Let's Play. If I make it sufficiently Hanukkah-esque (complete with very poor use of Jewish terms in the updates), would it be acceptable? I'd like to keep the LP somewhat regular since I don't know how long this hiatus will last, but I'm not looking to buck the trend, either.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Geebs61Geebs61 Ruiner PortlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

It's not only Hanukkah?

This time it's only hanukkah. We've done dozens of these forums for various holidays.

I understand, I was just pointing out to him that this time it is only Hanukkah. I may have been misreading his post, though.

Did we jail the non-Christians during Christmas? I don't recall.

Geebs61 on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If you think being a Jew is oppressive, try being Native-American... just another trail of tears by the man!

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I understand, I was just pointing out to him that this time it is only Hanukkah. I may have been misreading his post, though.

Did we jail the non-Christians during Christmas? I don't recall.

Yes.

Tube on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    HooverFan wrote: »
    If you think being a Jew is oppressive, try being Native-American... just another trail of tears by the man!

One of the only people I know of with Indian ancestry married a black guy from the Orlando Magic. The level of oppression they must feel while they bathe in millions of dollars must be soul-crushing.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

It's not only Hanukkah?

Putting in my suggestion for Festivus next year.

SeñorAmor on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    IIRC, there were many MANY infractions being spread as thickly as applesauce on latkas for "Failure to show sufficient Christmas spirit" when the Christmas holiday forums were around.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

It's not only Hanukkah?

I know you are banned already, but just in case you come back to read this thread, turn on your smart hat, look at your calendar and notice that it is not currently Christmas, Halloween or New Year's.

Happy Hannukah.
    Shalom.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    IIRC, there were many MANY infractions being spread as thickly as applesauce on latkas for "Failure to show sufficient Christmas spirit" when the Christmas holiday forums were around.

yes, precisely

and that was a year or even two years ago

it's just Hanukkah's turn

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The best forum merger (other than the Jewish holiday ones) was Eastermasgiving.

And I had a 3 pointer from Munkus from last Christmas, basically dealwithit.jpg

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'd be scared to post on a Kwanza year...mostly because I'm not sure what it celebrates. TO WIKI!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    stolen from hashpipe:

image.php?u=460&type=sigpic&dateline=1258688639

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    robothero wrote: »

I'm going to celebrate that next year and save myself a load of time.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

I agree that anyone who goes "What's this bullshit? This sucks" is asking for an infraction, but it does seem a bit silly that this time red cards are being handed out for reasons like "Failure to be of sufficient jewish descent" or "Failure to make astute stock purchases." I don't recall anything as random and frivolous as those from previous holiday subforums, so I can understand why people have more negative opinions about this one.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »

I agree that anyone who goes "What's this bullshit? This sucks" is asking for an infraction, but it does seem a bit silly that this time red cards are being handed out for reasons like "Failure to be of sufficient jewish descent" or "Failure to make astute stock purchases." I don't recall anything as random and frivolous as those from previous holiday subforums, so I can understand why people have more negative opinions about this one.

or people could just not get their panties in a bunch over something so ultimately frivolous at this time of the year

OH NO! A RED CARD! MY LIFE IS OVER AS I KNOW IT BOOHOO

I mean seriously, there was a pretty broad definition of "Christmas spirit" back then, too

the mods basically operate all year long trying to keep us in line—voluntarily—and don't you think at some point maybe the unpaid babysitter just wants to smack the baby around and/or have some light-hearted fun? and honestly heaps of people are getting into the swing of it and just having fun with it instead of obsessing over how UNFAIR it all is

we get to have fun here at the forums at no expense all year long... ergo we don't get to dictate what goes and doesn't go

that's how it is

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Viv only cares because Jews + Christmas = Money in the bank

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    Viv only cares because Jews + Christmas = Money in the bank

:^:

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I don't recall anything as random and frivolous as those from previous holiday subforums, so I can understand why people have more negative opinions about this one.

Uh, were you not around last year?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    robothero wrote: »

This is something you completely imagined.

Tube on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Then we shall have it next year!

maybe

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    or people could just not get their panties in a bunch over something so ultimately frivolous at this time of the year

Whatever. Unfair, discriminatory, insensitive... debate all you need, I just wanted to post about my goddamn dickerdoodle submission. Color me disappointed. This entire facade stinks of enforced special rights, you know. The holidays should be for everyone, every year.

Go on, Tube, show us your ban boner. I'm gone for two weeks anyway.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    It's suddenly feeling very Poe-y in here.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Whatever. Unfair, discriminatory, insensitive... debate all you need, I just wanted to post about my goddamn dickerdoodle submission. Color me disappointed. This entire facade stinks of enforced special rights, you know. The holidays should be for everyone, every year.

Go on, Tube, show us your ban boner. I'm gone for two weeks anyway.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tube on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    show me your regular circumcised boner

Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.