Options

G&T Secret Moses 2009

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Krazy Glue GEL? Ok, I'll have to get some. But yeah, the one wing part fell off and the arms dropped off a little, but nothing the glue won't be able to fix I'm sure. It's so freaking cool though, thanks again! I'm gonna try to post better pictures tomorrow, or at the latest monday, because it deserves better quality.

I have never seen either of these candies before, no. They look pretty good though, and I certainly do like my chocolate.

Schide on
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Cool man, yeah, friggin' USPS had the package in New Jersey, and it was gonna probably be at your place the next day, but then I checked the tracking # a couple days later, and they had sent it to Topeka, Kansas of all places. (which is probably why it got a little broke...probably took a couple trips in a tornado or something)
    I'm glad they sorted that out though, and it eventually arrived.

Here's a shot of what it's supposed to look like for those not in the know.

Frenzy-1.jpg

175px-Mtmte1_rumble_robotmode.jpg

Scotty on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Um...
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT I HAVE THE BEST SANTA. EVER.

Seriously, this is beyond generous. I probably won't get such an impressive bounty from my girlfriend this Christmas! :P

I literally cannot thank my Santa enough; though I may need help identifying him or her:

Photo53.jpg

I mean, identifying beyond "this person is a fucking saint."

Anyway, as for the haul, which was accompanied by a very nice note:

(Apologies for the Photo Booth pictures, my digital camera isn't functioning at present)

Photo50.jpg

I've wanted Front Mission for a long time, can't wait to tear into it. Also very, very excited about Every Extend Extra! :D

There's a lot more, though!

Photo52.jpg

Great choices (as you can maybe tell by the poster on my wall in the other pictures). I own the Spider-Man issues in floppy format, but they were definitely the best part of Civil War and I am very glad to have this nice trade collection to put on my shelf. Also very excited about dissecting the script book; I LOVE Mark Millar!

More yet!

Photo51.jpg

Sup Spidey. He'll definitely have to do battle with my Batman Action figures. :P

And my favorite part of all:

Photo48.jpg

Fucking awesome painted Streets of Gotham art. I am ecstatic about this and can't wait to hang it on my wall!

Again, I can't say thank you enough. I was stunned when I opened the package. And sorry it took so long to post: I got back last night from the Czech Republic and was totally jetlagged!
    Happy holidays!

Awesome! Yes Zero, I had seen you weren't home until yesterday (which is why I had you proxied). I was hoping to see a post by last night, but I suppose you might not have gotten home until late.
    I'm at school right now, and reading your post brought some joy to my Saturday morning Linux class (Windows sucks...). I'm glad you like the painting so much! I had fun making it. I even had my wife pick up some more canvases while they were on sale so we can paint together some time.

G&TSS is the greatest thing EVAR. I can't wait until next year. I'm anticipating it almost as much as PAX (and this year isn't even done yet!).

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2009
    This year sucked so much dick for me and I feel utterly shamed by all the other awesome Santas. Just too busy and poor this year.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dear Santee:

Your package arrived in your home town at 8AM on Thursday morning. I'm surprised it hasn't been delivered yet, but hopefully you should see something on Monday!

I google map'd the address of the post office to your house, and it's only a couple of miles. It's so damn close after driving over 900 miles already!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    GIFT GOTTEN:

I saw this on my doorstep about 3 minutes before I had to leave for work.
    IMG_0326.jpg

Looks like my Santa figured out exactly what I love. Styrofoam packing peanuts!
    IMG_0327.jpg

After I finished eating the delicious peanuts I realized there was more. A nifty little vinyl player. I was pretty stoked. Then the next day I got another package with something to put in the record player.
    IMG_0331.jpg

ACTION SHOTS
    IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg

Thank you so much nastyman. I freaking love venture brothers i've always contemplated getting the album. It'll have a special place in my collection.

To my Santee: I had taken your gift to work to be mailed out by my guys in the mail room, but they knocked off and never sent it. I reclaimed it on Friday once I saw it still sitting there and mailed it out today. It should be there Christmas Eve. Sorry its so late.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That's one classy gift.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    stavesacrestavesacre Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Still hoping my Santee can get around to posting pictures. I feel sort of like a deadbeat even though it's been recieved.

stavesacre on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You know, I still don't know who my santa is. Dude gave me and awesome gift and the letter didn't give any good hints other than a picture of some hockey team. SHOW YOURSELF

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    Dear Santee:

Your package arrived in your home town at 8AM on Thursday morning. I'm surprised it hasn't been delivered yet, but hopefully you should see something on Monday!

I google map'd the address of the post office to your house, and it's only a couple of miles. It's so damn close after driving over 900 miles already!

Whomever is your santee is a lucky bastard. I have the painting hanging on my wall and I pass around those books at work to get everyone reading awesome shit. Also, we routinely import all-dressed chips from Canada because they are so awesome, and wouldn't know otherwise if not for last year's secret santa stuff.

Best secret santa ever <3

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hello, Santa

I am not home for the holidays yet, so if you went the safe route and sent a gift there, I won't see it until Tuesday. I bother saying this because packages have arrived for me, and while they're almost certainly things I bought from eBay, I'm just covering my bases.

Love,

sant "heotherhorseman" ee

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You know, I still don't know who my santa is. Dude gave me and awesome gift and the letter didn't give any good hints other than a picture of some hockey team. SHOW YOURSELF

I'm sure I have no idea.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Schide wrote: »

I'm sure I have no idea.

Well there you go. I figured that image was a signature, but I made a really really half-assed search. Thanks for the awesome shit! DMC4 is awesome as hell and the books and comics rub me just the right way. :mrgreen:

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Update. I have sent an EECB to Microsoft to try and get some help with tracking the stolen 360s, I've ordered a replacement camera and iPod cause I'm going to visit some family next week and those are two things I need, and my wonderful boyfriend wouldn't take no for an answer and has offered me his new PS3 that he got a week ago as a Christmas present.

I now have to give Custom Special a heartfelt thanks because of what happened today. I received a package from Amazon today, and though, "Oh goodie, this must be the copy of The World Ends With You that I ordered last week." When I opened the package I saw the telltale white corner of a Wii box. I then thought, "What the hell, I haven't ordered any Wii games." I pulled it out to find a copy of Mad World in my hand and a well wishing note from Custom Special. Thank you very much for starting step one in rebuilding my shattered collection.

So bad luck is still piling up, for example my university has just informed me because of an error on their part I might not be able to register for another semester until FALL OF 2011!!! But now it seems like the ball is at least somewhat starting to roll on getting things back on track in my life. Thanks for all the support guys.

P.S. Oh btw I PMed a mod several days ago about making a thread about auctioning off piles of industry swag I got, but still haven't gotten a reply. If any other mods have been following my story would you mind weighing in?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    Thank you so much nastyman. I freaking love venture brothers i've always contemplated getting the album. It'll have a special place in my collection.

Really glad you liked it. Does the record player work alright? The listing said it had some issues with the platter touching the base every once in awhile. It might need to be leveled.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lightor216Lightor216 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'd sure love it if my Santa would reveal himself as well. I'm not about to call someone out with his real name.

Lightor216 on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have one more present from meh santee Icemopper I wish the picture of the letter wasn't blurry when I posted it when I had blurred vision (if you catch meh drift) because I would've taken another pic of it. Either way the end of the letter spoke of a secret present.

Well I check my e-mail at the behest of my santee and low and behold my eyes did see a present from steam within it surprisingly a game. One I have been searching for, for a couple of years: Vampires The Masquerade!

Danke Icemopper you made my Christmas terrrrrrific.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Scotty wrote: »
    Frenzy-1.jpg

175px-Mtmte1_rumble_robotmode.jpg

man this is an awesome thing

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That vinyl player in the previous page looks fantastic! So jealous :)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    shit just got real
    again

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy crap, Spaniard. You're definitely welcome, I'm amazed it got there so fast!
    Stuff stolen blows, so hopefully things turn out for you in the end.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    shit just got real
    again

Do tell.

edit: Oh shit, record player.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Scotty: Did you happen to get the base from Michael's? I discovered them there as well, but not before I already made one of two sculptures on a half-assed one that I cut myself. The ones from Michael's are much better, but I wish the wood wasn't so damn soft (for staining/urethane)

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So much good will towards men in this thread!

More importantly, though, GIFT GET!
    So I get home and what I find? A box! From quite a long way away!
    4196963218_81a93c62c6.jpg

Upon closer inspection, they paid for postage with a crayola drawing of a mushroom!
    4196209133_78446b009a.jpg

Upon even closer inspection it looks like they paid for postage with a mountain of money.
    4196209215_dd070df2d5.jpg

Nearly $60AUD! Yikes!

Anyway I get to opening, and each step in the process is an adventure!
    4196973534_6e102620c5.jpg
    4196219565_88a9956fdb.jpg
    4196219703_c4c0460692.jpg

Kitty video!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27341739@N03/4198305982/

4196219895_fd037f84aa.jpg

What's this? A letter!
    4196220023_97dd40a5f6.jpg
    4196220159_2409fea726.jpg

Also in crayon!

So let's get into the box, what do we have here? A hat! Classy!
    4196220303_6b100bbfb9.jpg

And not just any hat, it's a 100% wool certified Indiana Jones™ hat! Great!
    4196220457_9eff83bef4.jpg

Just as dashing as the real thing, I'd say!

But wait... there's... more?! Oh yes!
    4196974740_96b314a075.jpg

Wonderful overseas cookies! Or I think you guys call them "biscuits". Either way I couldn't wait.
    4196974856_18b24a0507.jpg

Delicious!
    4196221007_7dd029244f.jpg

And an awesome Toad that I forgot to take an individual picture of. Each item had a little letter with it. Apparently Mario & Luigi were picked over but poor Toad hadn't sold at all. Thanks Santa for thinking of the Toads!

Here's a spread of everything:
    4196975248_936d47c2a0.jpg

The book there is supposedly a classic there in Aussieland, and I'm excited to read it!
    Plus I got that wonderful book earlier in the year from my wonderful Santa!

And my cat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is enjoying his gift as well:
    4196221243_a166d6567c.jpg

And on the back of the card is a wonderful drawing:
    4196975456_9caf4ec1e4.jpg

So all in all

THANK YOU HEARTHJAW for the amazing gifts all the way from down under!

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    That, is an awesome hat.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    I have one more present from meh santee Icemopper I wish the picture of the letter wasn't blurry when I posted it when I had blurred vision (if you catch meh drift) because I would've taken another pic of it. Either way the end of the letter spoke of a secret present.

Well I check my e-mail at the behest of my santee and low and behold my eyes did see a present from steam within it surprisingly a game. One I have been searching for, for a couple of years: Vampires The Masquerade!

Danke Icemopper you made my Christmas terrrrrrific.

This is a high-quality present, and I heartily approve.

Kiwi on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hi Santa, sorry it took me a while to actually open the gift when it got here, I spent a while staring at it and decided to save it for when my hell week was over. A combination of things made the week feel a lot like taking three consecutive shotgun blasts to the face, thankfully it's calming down some.

Wild Box!
    I ended up shaking this a bunch, whenever I needed motivation to try to finish the week out!

boxi.jpg

Ghost In The Shell, in Blu-ray and remastered?! How could you tell it was one of my favorites?

ghostg.jpg

And Neil Gaiman! This is going to be awesome for my upcoming trip to Japan, I'm going to have to get this onto my ipod to listen to while hauling across the ocean on the grueling flight. What a fortuitous gift!

lootf.jpg

You have no idea of how well received that Ghost In The Shell was, my fiance saw it and said, "That's out?! I've been waiting for that to come out!" This is him immediately grabbing it and trying to steal it, I had to retrieve it with a crowbar...bad fiance! Bad!

fiance.jpg

We put Ghost In The Shell in immediately, it looks phenomenal, the redone animation and sound makes a huge difference, especially on the unnecessarily large television my fiance insisted we needed!

moviebx.jpg

Thank you Zeromus! I hope your trip to the Czech Republic went well and thank you again for managing to be an awesome Santa, even while traveling abroad! :D

Hypatia on
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    A record player is all kinds of classy. Still need to gets me one of those.

I love this thread, so much happiness/holiday cheer! Except for The Spaniard, sorry to hear about stuff being stolen and the other crap too. if I had money left I would definitely help out. I wish you luck in getting your stuff back though and I hope you have a good Christmas!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    So much good will towards men in this thread!

More importantly, though, GIFT GET!
    So I get home and what I find? A box! From quite a long way away!
    4196963218_81a93c62c6.jpg

Upon closer inspection, they paid for postage with a crayola drawing of a mushroom!
    4196209133_78446b009a.jpg

Upon even closer inspection it looks like they paid for postage with a mountain of money.
    4196209215_dd070df2d5.jpg

Nearly $60AUD! Yikes!

Anyway I get to opening, and each step in the process is an adventure!
    4196973534_6e102620c5.jpg
    4196219565_88a9956fdb.jpg
    4196219703_c4c0460692.jpg

Kitty video!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27341739@N03/4198305982/

4196219895_fd037f84aa.jpg

What's this? A letter!
    4196220023_97dd40a5f6.jpg
    4196220159_2409fea726.jpg

Also in crayon!

So let's get into the box, what do we have here? A hat! Classy!
    4196220303_6b100bbfb9.jpg

And not just any hat, it's a 100% wool certified Indiana Jones™ hat! Great!
    4196220457_9eff83bef4.jpg

Just as dashing as the real thing, I'd say!

But wait... there's... more?! Oh yes!
    4196974740_96b314a075.jpg

Wonderful overseas cookies! Or I think you guys call them "biscuits". Either way I couldn't wait.
    4196974856_18b24a0507.jpg

Delicious!
    4196221007_7dd029244f.jpg

And an awesome Toad that I forgot to take an individual picture of. Each item had a little letter with it. Apparently Mario & Luigi were picked over but poor Toad hadn't sold at all. Thanks Santa for thinking of the Toads!

Here's a spread of everything:
    4196975248_936d47c2a0.jpg

The book there is supposedly a classic there in Aussieland, and I'm excited to read it!
    Plus I got that wonderful book earlier in the year from my wonderful Santa!

And my cat Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is enjoying his gift as well:
    4196221243_a166d6567c.jpg

And on the back of the card is a wonderful drawing:
    4196975456_9caf4ec1e4.jpg

So all in all

THANK YOU HEARTHJAW for the amazing gifts all the way from down under!

Just about anyone born in the 80's and went to highschool in Australia has read that book, including myself! :) It really is quite an interesting read. It's the first of 8 books though, so you've been warned! ;)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Louie wrote: »
    gift images. Apologies for poor formatting as I'm on my phone. I also apologise for poor photos as I opened said gift at 4 am after drinking for about 12 hours. Awesome night ending with gift of comics. Thank you Santa whoever you are.
    b3123b3a.jpg
    6e48b18b.jpg
    136101b9.jpg
    8d581743.jpg
    18c55287.jpg

Your welcome! Sorry I forgot to mail you a note, I ordered the comics off a website and had them directly shipped to your address. Merry Christmas! As for me I have yet to recieve my gift, i'm hoping for a Christmas eve arrival would be perfect lol.

poisonx on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    shit just got real
    again

Do tell.

Another false alarm. Just more wang cream.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    shit just got real
    again

Do tell.

:lol:

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Holy shit Tim Tams ffffuck I want some Tim Tams.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

I just ate another one in your honor. I have a stack of four boxes of them just sitting next to my computer. I am going to be so fat.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Drink coffee through them.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TeeMan wrote: »
    shit just got real
    again

Do tell.

I don't think MORE wang cream is a false alarm. Maybe you should get your stocking checked out. :lol:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    TeeMan wrote: »
    shit just got real
    again

Do tell.

I don't think MORE wang cream is a false alarm. Maybe you should get your stocking checked out. :lol:

I think the problem is that it's being checked out too much. Unless I don't quite understand what wang cream is.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    God damn that sculpture and painting are badass. So jealous of artistic talent.

So jealous.

JAEF on
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Any chocolate coated biscuit used as a straw is amazing - nibble off diagonally opposite corners place bottom corner in drink, then suck. Cadbury's chocolate fingers with Tia Maria are my favourite!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    AusteraAustera Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »

I just ate another one in your honor. I have a stack of four boxes of them just sitting next to my computer. I am going to be so fat.

Silly Doc, you must eat them Tim Tam Slam style! =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPg4C3BUE8I

Austera on