As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where to do a workout video (not the house)?

LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
edited December 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have workout videos in a digital format that my friend recommended to me. They look pretty awesome, but I can't follow along in the house as I'll probably put a hole in something.

I'm not sure where I can go to do this, I don't have a back garden or anything, I live in an apartment building. I have a gym area I can go to, but I would have to listen on my iPod, and I don't really like having earbuds in my ears when I work out.

Any ideas for a suitable venue? Nothing is coming to mind :(

Lewisham on

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Do you have another portly friend who is also interested in losing some weight, and has a living room of decent size?

It might be a little awkward for the two of you right after you get started, but the best way to stick to an exercise program is to have a partner who can help motivate you. It's a lot harder to skip a day when you know that someone else is counting on you to show up. Also, this way the two of you can compare results on a regular basis, which will help further motivate you.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can you move some furniture around in your apt? Maybe go to a park with a battery-powered CD player with speakers? Lot of parks have a workout trail or chin-up bars. Looks like you're in college, maybe start a workout meetup where you all keep each other going.

Backstop on