As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

spoilers plus blackberry equals fail

Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
So sometimes (okay often) I browse the forums on my blackberry and it works very well. Except when I try to click on spoilers. I get the click icon but when I click on it it does nothing. Is there some setting I can change to make this work?

Sorry for any errors as I am on aforesaid Blackberry.* Grin*

Mom2Kat on

• Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It works for me, I only use Opera Mini (beta 2) while on my Nokia 5530, Symbian 5th Edition if I'm not mistaken.

Impersonator on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It looks like Javascript is disabled in the Blackberry browser by default. From the intertrons:
    Browser->Options->Browser Configuration->Scroll down->Enable "Support JavaScript"->Save Options

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm I have checked the support java box and still no joy. I have no idea what browser it uses since I just run whatever was on the black berry when I got it, except for OS updates. My Carrier is Telus in case that might make a difference.

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just to be clear, you mean javascript, right? There are many worlds of difference between the two.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yup support javascript is checked. Oh well I don't read to many spoiler heavy threads on my phone.

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I use Bolt and it seems to work pretty well - it does have to basically reload the page when you click on Spoiler but otherwise fine.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, that's what happens when I use Opera Mini on my Nokia (model above).

Impersonator on
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    From my experience with my blackberry (now retired) I seem to remember that the button would do nothing, but the spoiler would be shown the whole time. So actually, the spoiler button was failing to hide the spoiler in the first place. Which may occasionally suck, but is still better than not being able to read anything.
    Can you read this on your blackberry? If so, then your problem is the same as mine was.

Xaviar on