As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How much money should I bring to PAX?

2»

• Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Side note: Just searched Wachovia's site..... theres also no wachovia's within 30 miles.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I thought Google Earth could be narrowed down to ATMs specifically, but maybe I'm mistaken. Regardless, this has brought up a fairly good subtopic that might should be addressed for East AND Prime. Isn't there a wiki that's been done for PAX before? Info could be collected there if it still exists, so we don't have to use up another thread.

Edit: Okay, did a quick check and Google Earth specifies it for the Bank of America ATMs (which we already knew about) but not any others. I guess I just remember that because I use BoA myself. Either way, it's something that might should be put together for both events just in case.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Aren't there grocery stores nearby? You can usually get cash back with a purchase, and no one here can tell me they won't be buying a coke at some point that weekend. :P

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    CoctopusCoctopus Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Aren't there grocery stores nearby? You can usually get cash back with a purchase, and no one here can tell me they won't be buying a coke at some point that weekend. :P

Yup, there is a pretty big Shaw's right around the corner and I'm fairly certain that you can get to it without ever walking outside. You can go from the Hynes Convention Center into the Prudential Center, take a sky bridge to Copley Place and then another one into Shaw's or at least get really really close to it.

Coctopus on
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So while on the topic of money this is slightly off topic. How much is booze?

Is the tax higher than most places? Most places being $20 for a bottle of smirnoff and such. What about the stores do you have to buy liquor from a liquor store or can grocery stores sell it? It looks like the stores are not state run so thats good.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.