Options

The [chat] that launched a thousand ships

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    actually there's research indicating that sleeping in the same bed harms men's sleep and health

lemme dig it up

edit: got it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5197440.stm
    Sharing a bed with someone could temporarily reduce your brain power - at least if you are a man - Austrian scientists suggest.

When men spend the night with a bed mate their sleep is disturbed, whether they make love or not, and this impairs their mental ability the next day.

The lack of sleep also increases a man's stress hormone levels.

According to the New Scientist study, women who share a bed fare better because they sleep more deeply.

Bah, I find I sleep much more when the girl is snuggled with me and I sleep more deeply. I'm also much less likely to wake up due to people noise.
    What do you mean by "much more?" You don't always regain consciousness (or remember regaining consciousness) when your sleep is disturbed, and if you mean you "sleep" for longer periods of time that's likely supporting the study's conclusion.

Bama on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    infinite regress

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Been three days since I've experienced a Mass Effect and I'm starting to tweak a little.

Planning a nice four or five hour gameplay session tonight which should round out the rest of my cast and put me on mark to complete the final missions.

Then the ultra 100% playthrough starts.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Preacher, that is my impression and what I'm doing. I think you might have time to do other shit after that, all I know is that once you recruit
    Legion you can only do once mission (ideally his loyalty mission) before moving the main plot forward or else bad things will happen

Ok I don't even have a dossier on that duder.

Character spoilers/general gameplay.

I do like how its way fucking easier to get the side missions for people you recruit, though I was pissed during the samara daughter battle royale the fucking sound cut out.

Also I'm actually finding myself using Samara and I fucking hated the last asari. Jacobs side mission was freaky though.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I don't know!

you were like going to the movies and I don't know

Confused

Also smurph is a dude.

We did go see Daybreakers though. Stimulus tuesdays! Dollar popcorn and soda!

well, yeah

I also thought you were bi

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Would people please stop calling ProfM "Moriarty?"

It makes me think real Moriarty is here for an instant every time I hear it. And I miss that guy. :cry:

Thanatos on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Guys, it sounds like a cop just walked into a shelter and started shooting animals.

I don't really give a shit whether you think it's more humane than lethal injection or not, that is not okay.

What are you talking about?

Cinders on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    this week I started a slightly less crappy job

next week I start a further slightly less crappy job

movin' on up

Elendil on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    three men in a blog (to say nothing of the dog)

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Preacher, that is my impression and what I'm doing. I think you might have time to do other shit after that, all I know is that once you recruit
    Legion you can only do once mission (ideally his loyalty mission) before moving the main plot forward or else bad things will happen

Specifics:
    If you do more than one mission, you don't make it in time to save your minor crew members.
    Wait WHAT. What are you talking about!

WHAT.

I'm sorry. I did not mention that I was referring to the end game. I guess I assumed it was implied in the posts that I'd quoted. :oops:
    It's okay, I read your spoiler first because I thought you were replying to Preacher and not someone else, so I thought you were talking about loyalty missions. Actually I'm a little relieved.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    What do you mean by "much more?" You don't always regain consciousness (or remember regaining consciousness) when your sleep is disturbed, and if you mean you "sleep" for longer periods of time that's likely supporting the study's conclusion.

Meaning my nightly average goes from four hours a night to seven hours. I also feel much more refreshed.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Would people please stop calling ProfM "Moriarty?"

It makes me think real Moriarty is here for an instant every time I hear it. And I miss that guy. :cry:

Sorry.

ProfM.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Okay so just going in there and randomly killing them is... wierd.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Preacher I am at the same point

I've done the loyalty mission for everyone except
    tali who I still have to recruit, and the ghost ship was my last 'story' mission, now i have to go get that IFF piece to use the omega 4 relay

so my question is what's your playtime

because sarksus thinks i'm rushing... i'm at about 20.5 hours

Yeech I'm thinking I'm around 14 or 15 hours? But I still have 3 more people to recruit and like 7 more side missions.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Moriarty my Star Trek Online review is up if you wish to see it.

Thanks for the heads up! The site is blocked at work, but I'll be sure to check it out when I get home this afternoon.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't know!

Confused

Also smurph is a dude.

well, yeah

well I am, but I am with a girl.

smurph just comes over and drinks beer and watches 300

and i invite him to the bookstore and his phone is broken cause he fucked it up or something

Arch on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010

Specifics:
    If you do more than one mission, you don't make it in time to save your minor crew members.

WHAT.

I'm sorry. I did not mention that I was referring to the end game. I guess I assumed it was implied in the posts that I'd quoted. :oops:
    It's okay, I read your spoiler first because I thought you were replying to Preacher and not someone else, so I thought you were talking about loyalty missions. Actually I'm a little relieved.
    Have you beaten the game yet?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

I do like how its way fucking easier to get the side missions for people you recruit, though I was pissed during the samara daughter battle royale the fucking sound cut out.

Also I'm actually finding myself using Samara and I fucking hated the last asari. Jacobs side mission was freaky though.
    my sound cut out too at that scene! i have subtitles on, but when they were doing their little 'biotic showdown', reminiscent of a dbz kamehameha-final flash battle, all sound was muted... hah

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like being called Moriarty. It's my name.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

and i invite him to the bookstore and his phone is broken cause he fucked it up or something

well phew I am glad I now I have a more complete mental picture of your love life

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Is he enjoying his iPod?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    i have not beaten mass effect 2 and that is why i am not clicking on mass effect 2 spoilers unless they're clearly labeled like

EARLY GAME SPOILERS:
    Miranda has a hot bod

etc

i thus feel a lot happier

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I don't know!

Confused

Also smurph is a dude.

well, yeah

have you guys at least had a threesome

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And I stopped reading your review here.

or Picard (Kirk beats Picard)

If you get something that easy so wrong, well no hope for you.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Specifics:

WHAT.

No, which is why I'm relieved, because I thought you were talking about doing more than one loyalty mission. I'm doing all of the loyalty missions before I progress the story. But I'm also kind of glad I know about this because I wouldn't want to be messing around with side missions if it hurt the crew.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I like being called Moriarty. It's my name.
    Yes, but every time I think you're the real Moriarty, it's a disappointment to me.

A great, big disappointment.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You don't get a dossier on the very last party member.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Miranda does have a hot bod.

Miranda's loyal hot bod spoilers:
    Her alternate outfit is hot.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

my sound cut out too at that scene! i have subtitles on, but when they were doing their little 'biotic showdown', reminiscent of a dbz kamehameha-final flash battle, all sound was muted... hah

Ok so not just me, at first I thought I fucked up my box or something, but the sound came back... How the fuck is that still a bug in there?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sigh. Time to go back to writing e-mails telling this customer I'm not going to do his job for him. I wish I could just say it like that. This dancing around the case is drawing things out and making it uncomfortable.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Specifics:

WHAT.

No, which is why I'm relieved, because I thought you were talking about doing more than one loyalty mission. I'm doing all of the loyalty missions before I progress the story. But I'm also kind of glad I know about this because I wouldn't want to be messing around with side missions if it hurt the crew.
    Yeah, you only have to worry after completing the IFF mission.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nerdgasmic please stop with that kind of stuff

you might not think it's a spoiler but it is for someone who hasn't beaten the game

MikeMan on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    And I stopped reading your review here.

or Picard (Kirk beats Picard)

If you get something that easy so wrong, well no hope for you.

¬_¬

I hope you're not serious. :(

(Kirk still beats Picard).

WMain00 on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Is he enjoying his iPod?

I guess?

Oh wait, was he trying to unlock an Iphone and failed

damnit this is confusing without him posting

Arch on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Miranda does have a hot bod.

Miranda's loyal hot bod spoilers:
    Her alternate outfit is hot.

Most of the alt outfits look a lot better then the original ones, especially Jacks.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2010
    mikeman i am sorry

i will be more particular in my spoilering from now on

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    nerdgasmic please stop with that kind of stuff

you might not think it's a spoiler but it is for someone who hasn't beaten the game

Sorry, sir.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    So the escapist is hiring a new webcomic artist to design a twice weekly comic for them and work on contract. It's a contest, and I know my chances are slim compared to the competition these days..

but guys. They e-mailed me directly inviting me to enter, and I'm not on any webcomic mailing lists, groups, and I haven't advertised in months. So however they found me, it makes me a lot happier.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    anyway it's alright it probably seems minor to you guys

anyway i'm gonna go on a hiatus from chat for a bit to do some more MATH STUDYIN'

talk to y'all lataz

MikeMan on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ugh... it's so hard to see my wife cry about how bad off we are right now. I need to find a real job for us.

urahonky on
This discussion has been closed.