As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 2/3/10: It's Metal, yo

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Graphic Violence
World of New Krypton #12 ends mixed:

Zod is clean in the matter, it was the black council guy Wri-Qin who helped conspire with Lane in order to let Krypton lose in a war with Earth so he could be ruler of a Occupied-like Krypton.

And then this:

swnk12a.jpg

swonk12b.jpg

So it really does seem like this whole series could have been a 6 issue arc in Superman. At least they did something decent with Zod.

TexiKen on

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    World of New Krypton #12 ends mixed:

Zod is clean in the matter, it was the black council guy Wri-Qin who helped conspire with Lane in order to let Krypton lose in a war with Earth so he could be ruler of a Occupied-like Krypton.

And then this:

swnk12a.jpg

swonk12b.jpg

So it really does seem like this whole series could have been a 6 issue arc in Superman. At least they did something decent with Zod.

What is that thing? Yes it seems that it was a very long drawn out arc with little achieved.

DarkWarrior on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Brainiac's ship, he and Luthor teamed up together 10 issues ago in Superman or Action Comics.

TexiKen on
    edited February 2010
    Brainiac's ship, he and Luthor teamed up together 10 issues ago in Superman or Action Comics.

How many Superman comics are there now because I don't recall that? My MOTW would be Siege 2 I guess, the art was working well and I just like Ares and everything he does though I'm not QUITE clear on how
    Hill drives into a herd of super heroes, fires a rocket, picks up the previously surrounded Thor and THEN just drives away.

Drives away.

DarkWarrior on
    edited February 2010
    It was in Adventure Comics #0 or #1 I think. Remember, alllll the way back when.

TexiKen on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My moment of the week is from "Who Will Wield the Shield?" I know it's not a new release, but I was waiting till Reborn was finished to read it. And I finally got to it today. Seeing Steve suit back up made my week.

Hensler on
  • JombalayaJombalaya Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The last page of Siege was pretty sweet.
    I would have liked it better if it was Spider-man incoming, Maximum Spider style.

Jombalaya on
    edited February 2010
    Jombalaya wrote: »
    The last page of Siege was pretty sweet.
    I would have liked it better if it was Spider-man incoming, Maximum Spider style.
    That would have been cool, Im not liking Cap's return at all or how its almost definitely going to be him, the 12-arc-brain-dead-for-no-reason-Iron-Man and Thor who deal with him instead of Spider-Man going redeeming himself a little. Plus if you see Spider-Man, you know Osborn is going to be flipping the fuck out next issue.

DarkWarrior on
    edited February 2010
    Guys, you should really be buying Great Ten, trade waiting won't let us have such a nice story like this in the future. Thanks to low sales on the first two issues, DC probably thinks that they should release another Titans series instead of more Great Ten stuff, but it's so good.

This month, the origin of Immortal Man in Darkness:

gt4a.jpg

gt4b.jpg

gt4c.jpg

gt4d.jpg

gt4e.jpg

TexiKen on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My moment of the week is about Wolverine and the women who love him (aka, Spider-man is a dweeb). From Weapon X:
    WeaponX.jpg?t=1265246303

She then demands that he takes her to his place, where Emma Frost laughs at her.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I actually peeked at S_D and while I may doubt it when I actually read my pulls, so far my money is totally on Siege #2:

"Incoming."

Also, I agree with TexiKen (WHAT!?!). Great Ten is fantastic.

Crimsondude on
    edited February 2010
    What do we disagree on? Unless you're Greg Land's or Dan Slott's #1 fan we're cool, yo. Phat props, titty bars, all that jazz, yo.

TexiKen on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ares noooooooooo!

Weaver on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Weaver wrote: »
    Ares noooooooooo!
    I can't wait to see Phobos god out on Sentry when he finds out

Psychotic One on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    It better not be too long before Marvel resurrects Ares. I know he's been around since the early days of the Thor series, but he basically became a new character with Oeming miniseries, and he's the best new character Marvel has made in recent years. Such a waste.

Hensler on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    It better not be too long before Marvel resurrects Ares. I know he's been around since the early days of the Thor series, but he basically became a new character with Oeming miniseries, and he's the best new character Marvel has made in recent years. Such a waste.

Well... isn't
    There supposed to be a thing with Herc dying soon?

Hercules and Ares fighting their way out of the Underworld... new miniseries this summer! We NEED this.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hensler wrote: »

For those of you who don't click spoilers, I limed every word. :(

I bet you read spoilers now dontcha? Ya. Ya you do.

Caveman Paws on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spoilers don't really matter on this forum anyway, someone always slips up or posts a reaction to the spoilers that give it away in less than a day.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Spoilers don't really matter on this forum anyway, someone always slips up or posts a reaction to the spoilers that give it away in less than a day.

You silly goose, spoiler tags matter.

DouglasDanger on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010

You silly goose, spoiler tags matter.

Least till the TPB comes out then its like saying King Kong dies at the end of the movie. Statute of limitations and all that jazz.

Psychotic One on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Re: World of New Krypton --
    I can't say I'm surprised by the ending. But I am disappointed with it.

On the one hand, I'm glad Kal was able to have a positive influence on his culture and he got the labor guild a seat at the table.

But at the same time, I'm greatly annoyed that the story didn't really end. We just got a big fat "To be continued." I was really hoping for a more clear cut resolution leading into the War of the Supermen.

Lucascraft on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Weaver wrote: »
    Ares noooooooooo!
    I can't wait to see Phobos god out on Sentry when he finds out
    I really think that Phobos is the best chance they have against him. Sentry is always freaking out, what better weapon than the god of fear.

Langly on
  • DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Btw guys please do not post spoilers tagged with no explanation of what's it about. People actually do not click it when they know what is actually about. So writing Something like "About Siege issue etc" actually helps.

Dreamon on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dreamon wrote: »
    Btw guys please do not post spoilers tagged with no explanation of what's it about. People actually do not click it when they know what is actually about. So writing Something like "About Siege issue etc" actually helps.

This is a great idea. This should become a rule.

DouglasDanger on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Okay, so that last page of Siege #2 was awesome and totally pulled off the vibe of
    Seeing a short broadsword flying towards the Praetorian in Gladiator, which sadly I literally sat for over ten minutes late last night trying to remember which movie it was that imagery reminded me of as I stared at my DVD shelves looking for the name to pop out at me.

However, now that I have read the issue my favorite moment was when Thor knocks Karla the fuck out as she's about to kill Maria.

In other books, The Question #37 was pretty frigging awesome and the obviously defining moment was at the end between BL Charlie and Tot.
    9tj3a9.jpg
    ANd of course that seems to be pretty relevant to BN in general.

In other news, two things I want to mention.

1. I find it interesting that Jonathan Hickman mentioned on Word Balloon that Marvel West (had to?) signed off on his S.H.I.E.L.D. book.

2. When I bother to check CBR anymore, I check the bottom of the newest X-Position article waiting for a chance to pose questions to Chris Claremont. I'm sure there's a better way, but whatever. If I hadn't I would't have read this from their interview with Daniel Way (and Marjorie Liu, but she's not important here).
    And now it’s time for this week’s “Behind the X” question, where we get to know our X-writers on a more personal level. If the two of you wouldn’t mind, could you please tell us what the worst job you’ve ever had was and why?

[Liu answer omitted]

WAY: When I was fourteen, I used to clean up the cutting tables and troughs at a small slaughterhouse. Before school and after, I’d go through the place with a high-pressure hose and a bottle of bleach. One day, the owner and his son were out back, standing next to a steer that was (I guess) really sick. There was a little kid (the owner’s grandson, I believe) riding around on his tricycle.

I’m standing there, waiting to get paid while the owner and son talk. Suddenly, the owner’s son reaches into his truck, pulls out a shotgun, puts it in the steer’s ear and pulls the trigger. The steer collapsed, blood running out of every orifice in its huge body. The little kid tried running over the steer’s head with his tricycle – he couldn’t pull it off. So he rode away, leaving three narrow trails of blood in his wake. I got my forty bucks and never went back.

Um, wow. It suddenly seems very clear why Way was chosen for the books he writes in the X-Universe.

Crimsondude on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wait, it's not clear to me. I don't read anything by Way other than Deadpool; what does the write in the X-Universe?

Delduwath on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Way has been writing Wolverine: Origins since 2006. He introduced the world to Daken.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    He also wrote Ghost Rider before Aaron took over and created TOXIN, Son of Carnage

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh yeah forgot about his Ghost rider series. Such a shame his last arc had to be so terrible since everything up to that point ranged from decent to really good.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited February 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Way has been writing Wolverine: Origins since 2006. He introduced the world to Daken.

Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DarkWarrior on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My moment of the week is about Wolverine and the women who love him (aka, Spider-man is a dweeb). From Weapon X:
    WeaponX.jpg?t=1265246303

She then demands that he takes her to his place, where Emma Frost laughs at her.

That... that artwork is beautiful. Who's the artist on that?

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

Oh so he's the douchebag to blame for Daken.

desc on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wolverine just looks so sad and world weary. It really is nice.

Langly on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Pretty sure C.P. Smith is the artist there.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • BostonGanglerBostonGangler Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    desc wrote: »

I like Daken in small doses, although I'm hoping that Wolverine kills him for reals soon. That would be pretty awesome.

And yes, that was C.P. Smith on Weapon X 10

BostonGangler on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    desc wrote: »

I like Daken in small doses, although I'm hoping that Wolverine kills him for reals soon. That would be pretty awesome.

And yes, that was C.P. Smith on Weapon X 10

Wolverine all quoting Bill Cosby's routine as he finishes Daken off, "Boy, I brought you into this world. I'll take you right back out. I can make another claw-popping one exactly like you."

desc on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Marvel Heartbreakers is the best comic none of you jerks bought. I mean, here's a panel from the intro page.
    2dag9y9.jpg
    The first story's a fun little Mary Jane/Gwen Stacy/Peter Parker story written by Kathryn Immonen, with art by Elena Casagrande, who draws in a style not unlike Stuart Immonen.
    oibpsz.jpg

The second story has Rick Spears writing and James Callahan drawing a story about Boom Boom and Elsa Bloodstone, as they stake out a creepy forest, hunting monsters and telling stories about their ex-boyfriends. I was cracking up throughout the story, but I think this bit was my favorite.
    14wy5jo.jpg

The latter two stories were okay; not really anything special on the writing side, but the art was, throughout the book really, great. It's always nice to see work from people I'm unfamiliar with. There's a pinup in the back by Lara West and Emily Warren that really reminds me of Amanda Conner's work. And Jim McCann wrote a story about Beast and Dazzler that played up Hank's poetic, literature-quoting side, something I always enjoyed in the nineties X-Men cartoon.

Munch on
    edited February 2010
    Munch, you buy Great Ten and I'll buy Heartbreakers (even though it has Kathryn Immonen and Jim McCann on it)

TexiKen on
  • JacobColeJacobCole Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    The second story has Rick Spears writing and James Callahan drawing a story about Boom Boom and Elsa Bloodstone, as they stake out a creepy forest, hunting monsters and telling stories about their ex-boyfriends. I was cracking up throughout the story, but I think this bit was my favorite.
    14wy5jo.jpg

Is this some sorta stab at all the people, me and a guy named Harry, that are Nextwave fans? I'm going to get this book, but if they don't mention the aforementioned Agents of H.A.T.E.....Harry and I will write letters, I mean old school style stamps and everything.

JacobCole on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A stab?

I don't think you know what a stab is.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    A love stab.
    Munch, you buy Great Ten and I'll buy Heartbreakers (even though it has Kathryn Immonen and Jim McCann on it)
    I really do need to buy that. But c'mon, I'm already getting one of Tony Bedard's critically acclaimed commercial failures with REBELS.

Munch on