Options

[Phalla] Late Nite with Infidel and MrBlarney! (Game Over - Turtle Club victory)

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh no, almost too late to vote

Delmain for some reason, Gumpy for some other

am i doing it right

simonwolf on
  • Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Delmain

Alegis Pity ratings.

Zellpher on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I poured myself a drink at my desk. The hazel, caramel liquid gave off wisps of steam from the mug. I took a sip. This is good capuchino. Needed something to keep me up at the office, and it had just the right kick.

Midnight, the twilight hour. All it means is trouble in this town, and it always comes knocking at my door.

Just then, a knock came at my door. In walked the most stunning dame I've seen in my life. Some would say she even sparkled, with silver locks of hair that could knock out a werewolf.

"Hello, Tsu. I'm Moka, and I need your help."

I shook my head. "Can't you read the sign at the door? [size=+2]VOTES CLOSED.[/size]

She stepped closer, almost leaning over my desk. She had a look on her face that told me she wanted to sink her fangs into me. "Aww Tsu, that's no way to treat a lady."

I smelled trouble, like the crimson scent of blood. I wasn't taking her bait. "You think I'd bite?"

Moka started to step around the desk. "No, but I will. I'm not leaving until you help me find The Maltese Rosario.

Just then my office door suddenly sprang open. Was it a hit!? I've got a list of monsters in this town that want my blood.

It was too late. Before I could react, the figure leapt at me. The last thing I heard was a gasp from Moka. Before my face was submerged by the soft warm marshmallow embrace of death, and I was no longer able to breathe. Wait, something's not quite right.

I looked up into the charming eyes of the lady whose bosom I'm engulfed in. She squeezed me tight and said "Tsu, I'm Kurumu the succubus and I'll do anything for you if you'd get me The Maltese Rosario."

I tried to shove her away. Succubus? "You came here to suck? Blow."

She clawed me tight, and for a dame of small frame I couldn't break her grip. "Only you can recover The Maltese Rosario. And if you do, you can save my life."

"Forget it, Tsu. It's Monster Town." The voice came from my closet door , which creaked open and out stepped a dame that I didn't expect. She had a way of doing that, though. It was Mizore, an old flame with a ice-cold heart. Seeing Kurumu hanging off of my neck, her eyes shot daggers at me. Ice daggers. They shattered my cup of capuchino, spilling the liquid all over my desk. "Nice seeing you again too, Mizore."

"I'm not here for warm sentimentalities, Tsu." Her voice was as icy as the frozen north.

I shrugged. "Some like it hot."

Was she here for revenge? Some say it's a dish best served cold. Her response sent a chill up my spine. "I'm here for The Maltese Rosario."

Mizore stepped in "He doesn't have The Maltese Rosario. That's why we're all here. Kurumu was right about one thing, Tsu. You're the one we need. Listen to this, it's a message from the one who stole it."

Moka placed a tape recorder on my desk and hit play.

"If you want The Maltese Rosario back~desu, send Tsukune alone to the Witches' Hill~desu."

Mizore looked lost in thought. "Play it again, Tsu."

No need. I may be only a private dick, but it doesn't take a crack team of detectives to identify who the voice came from. It had to be Yukari, the trouble-making witch of a lass who's been causing mischief in the neighborhood. A small hood-rat, but she could lead to bigger fish.

It was made especially easier to identify her by the fact that I spotted her trying to hide behind a lamppost. We stared at her.

Yukari gripped the lamppost, as if she could adjust her hiding spot better. "W-what are you looking at~desu?"

I responded, "We're looking at you, kid."

The lass came out from behind the lamppost and looked as if she was about to cry. I wasn't swallowing any of her crocodile tears. "So where's The Maltese Rosario and what's so special about it?"

I wasn't about to be bewitched by lies as I listened. "They say it has the power to unlock one's heart~desu. Plus it's made from precious metals so it's worth a ton~desu."

Before I could grill her for more info, the window shattered. I quickly grabbed the girls and moved them out of the way, except for Yukari. She was too small and I missed her.

Standing on the windowsill, her form outlined by the moon, was the outlaw witch known all throughout Monster Town. Ruby. Her eyes had a glow of insanity, and you just knew that one flew over the cuckoo's nest.

"I'll be taking Yukari back, Tsu. Don't think about trying to get The Maltese Rosario back, or you'll pay. We'll always have Witches' Hill."

She took Yukari and flew off. This night is just getting better and better.

"Tsu, where do you think you're putting your hands?"

Shoot. I must've misplaced them when I tried to protect the dames. As I felt the crack across my face, I could tell.

This is going to be a long night.

[size=+3]STAY TUNED NEXT TIME FOR

RosariNoir: Dance Under The Velvet Moon

VOTE CLOSED. NARRATION TO COME.
    [/size]

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    KitanoKitano Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thank you, B:L. Day is closed.

Kitano on
  • Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    Long talky post

Derivative trash, Ahava should sue!

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    B:L

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    B:L

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    KitanoKitano Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Week 5 - Inside Phalladition

Breaking news in the late night scene coming in tonight as the end of the network wars seems to be coming to an end. The COCK and WANG networks have announced that hosts romanqwerty and Kilnaga would be offered permanent positions as their late-night headliners. And in a surprising announcement, previous COCK headliner adventfalls has found a new home in the ODAM network. None of these three networks has any other hosts who could compete with the popularity of these main-banner hosts. This all comes shortly after the sudden firing of popular COCK host Alegis.

Meanwhile the FALA network continues to struggle to find a place in late night as its headlining host Gumpy finds his ratings far below that of his competitors. It's hard to believe, given how successful the other networks have been, that they will be continuing in the late night business for much longer.

With that, here's tonight's headliners. Good luck to them all and here's hopes for long, successful careers!

The Headliners

cock.png

In The Wild - romanqwerty
    Clip wrote: »
    sir-david-attenborough.jpg

Good morning ladies and gentleman and welcome back to another dazzling episode of In the Wild. I am your host [strike]David Attenborough[/strike] romanqwerty. Come now as we take a poke and a dabble into the wonders a phalla thread can offer.

ecco ecco ecco ecco ecco ecco ecco ecco ecco
    Is... there an echo in here?
    :P
    First off the blocks, we see our favoured young male making a further flamboyant display of his availability. This might not sit well with his mate.
    I mean.....
    OH love, you keep doing that and even I might vote for you.
    Oh, and indeed it doesn't. She seems most displeased now and he may be in for some trouble.

fala.png

The Daily Brahvian - Gumpy
    news7.png

Gumpy: So anyway Lagnar, I hear you have some good news for us today?

Lagnar: Why yes! It would seem that last nights show saw us get record ratings! Can you believe it!

Gumpy: Record ratings? They are lower then they were when we didn't broadcast anything at all! What does that say about us?

Lagnar: Not enough on screen murder?

Gumpy: Quite. Anyway, we now go onto our new science guy.

odam.png

The AF Show - adventfalls
    Thank you, thank you. Welcome to the AF Show, I'm your host, AdventFalls.

There's been a sort of shockwave through the Late Night world. Enlightenedbum, host of the wildly successful 'Conquering the World with Hatshetsup', has been canned. It's a damned shame, especially since it was such a great show.

image.php?u=7917&dateline=1265147480

The ugly rumor that's going around is that it was a writer's strike. So to avoid this befalling anyone else in the future, I'd like to give my method of keeping my co-writers in line to everyone else.

You lure them in with some pizza, preferably something decent. No one's going to eat anything with anchovies and garlic on it. Then, you lock the door and tell them you'll let them out when they finish their part of the script.

Now, this is usually the part where they start complaining, you have to wait it out. Now, it's crucial to give them a bathroom, and it's important that you didn't give them the anchovy and garlic pizza, or you'll find they died from the smell.

Thank you, thank you. We'll be back later tonight with more.

wang.png

Phalla Commercial Industries Informercial - Kilnaga
    See folks? Vibrantly bright and colorful! Purex Ultra Concentrate works so well that myself and fellow late night host AdventFalls personally endorse the use of this product.

But Kilnaga, how do I get my hands on one of these bottles you ask? THAT'S EASY!

For a limited time only, Phalla Commercial Industries is running a special offer!

FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF $19.99, NOT ONE, BUT TWO BOTTLES OF PUREX ULTRA CONCENTRATE CAN BE YOURS!

Callers in the next twenty minutes will receive a bonus third bottle ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Until next time folks! Kilnaga out!

The Released

Alegis, WANG host
    CrownAxe, WANG host
    Delmain, WANG host
    Drswords, ODAM host
    Ultarune, FALA host
    Zandracon, COCK host

The Turtle Club has placed their hosts at the top of the COCK, ODAM, and WANG networks, securing Turtle Entertainment's position as the king of late night programming!

Kilnaga and adventfalls also earn special victory for having the most headlining weeks (Kilnaga, 4) and for having the highest rating overall (adventfalls, 42).

Delphinidaes and vagrant_winds also celebrate victory for their skills as agents, bringing success to their respective networks COCK and ODAM!

Kitano on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Organizational Proboards Master Spreadsheet

MrBlarney's Hosting Notes

As documented, this game was conceived in a short 2.5 hour period fueled by late-night hunger (myself) and caffeine (Infidel). The game turned out thematically wonderful, though mechanically a bit unbalanced. Still, I feel it not too bad of a job, especially when a game was desperately needed for people to play. And perhaps the results of such a quick-concept game will spur more people to get their games ready so these kinds of things don't happen again... or maybe it'll slow the 'ready' rate down even further as people try to carefully consider their games even more. I'm hoping for the former, obviously.

Mechanically, the biggest problem was probably the strength of the mafia faction. The Turtle Club started out 12 strong (which would have been 20% in a 60-player game, 21% in the 57-player game) and each had private influence factors of -3. Even with a slightly less competent and competitive mafia, this would be quite a hurdle for the village to overcome. A set of 10 mafia each with factors of -2 would probably have been more balanced. Then again, given that a number of mafia were not so active (thus giving the 3 mafia kills on Week 2) and the amount of trust the mafia members achieved from the village, it seems unlikely that even with a less powerful mafia, the outcome would have turned out differently.

The swiftness of the game's end has quite a bit to do with the village behavior, in fact. It was rather striking how quickly the village upvoted the mafia members to the top of the networks. The Turtle Club was actually thwarted from taking victory after Week 1 and Week 3 due to the meddling of agents switching Turtle Club members to different networks. While the village didn't have a problem recognizing the purpose of the red vote (seeing as the red vote is always the same in each game), the lime vote seemed to evade analysis. The fact that there wasn't much discussion of the mafia's victory conditions allowed them to very swiftly sneak into the headlining spots without much resistance at all.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I knew kilnaga was evillllllllllllll never gave him my wang support

M.D. on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    YIPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WE WONNN! :D:D:D

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MHUHAHAHAHA! ALL INFOMERCIALS ALL THE TIME! :winky:

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    *shrugs*

Win some, lose some.

I got some good writing out of it.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Damn, that's an epic way to win your first go-round as a full-time mafia.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    My question now is, who is going to end up with a bullet in their skull? Lonelyahava or the kid?

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    The dozens of people who managed to keep pushing out quality late night postings was quite amazing.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    She wasn’t happy. And that more or less meant I wasn’t going to be happy either.

Roman had been adamant in his refusal to lay off, despite her telling him there was only one PI for this town. The fog still hung like the stench of a dead body over the city, and the ratings hadn’t been looking promising for anyone.

We both walked past the bodies as they were scraped off the concrete like last Tuesday’s pancakes. I had to admit, she looked good in the fedora.

The sun started to creep out, shedding light on this dreary thing of a city. It wasn’t a great place to be, but it wasn’t all bad.

As the sun began to clear the air a little, I saw it out the corner of my eye. A man on top of a building. I thought he was another jumper at first. But his arm was held out in a position I knew all too well.

I’ll say this much about the detective. She probably doesn’t regret that she handed he a spare six-shooter. As the shot rang out, I could see the man teeter over the edge. I had made my mark.

The detective and I rushed over as a human pizza decorated the sidewalk. The scars on the side of his face were all that she needed to see to know there had been a double-cross.

It was time to come clean. “I’m sorry,” I told her. “They thought you would get in the way.” She reached for the gun, but I shook my head. “It’s too late now. They’ve done what they had to do.”

“So what’ll you do?” She was looking at me coldly now. “Shoot me?”

“I’ve got enough blood on my hands.” The gun in my hand was shaking; I knew what Snapper wanted me to do. “I’m not shooting anyone else.” The waterworks were flowing on my face now as I pointed the gun in a different direction. “I’m so sorry.”

She clocked me in the jaw before I could make my final exit. “I trusted you, and you were going to shoot me in the back.”

“I saved your life. Let me end mine.” I was being honest; I really had nothing left to lose.

She tapped her chin, trying to think of what to do. “You’re damned good help, Kid. Help’s hard to find these days.” She retrieved the gun that had flown from my hands and pocketed it before helping me onto my feet. “If you ever cross me again... you’ll be left wishing I’d let you pull the trigger.”

adventfalls on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I called Kilnaga on like day 2.

Of course i did that in irc.

where 2 of the bads hung out.

*shrugs*

Good game, thanks for running B & Inf

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hahaha, well done!

That was a well deserved mafia win, since I'm sure at some stage we all lime voted for one of you from your sheer darned brilliance. =P

What happened to the two guys that lost from low ratings?

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I hope Ringo lets us know his strategy.

Because it confused us all to hell even though he kept missing us.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Woo go Team Turtles!

Riding on the Coat Tails of success right here.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hahaha, well done!

That was a well deserved mafia win, since I'm sure at some stage we all voted for one of you from your sheer darned brilliance. =P

We forgot to check all our people's ratings by Day 2 and hadn't been green voting our own people which caused them to get hit with dieoff :(

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So we're all grudging Delphi then for converting Roman? :x

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i know as of last night, I had a 38 rating.

wonder what others had

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    12 mafia? That's a ridiculously high number.

Savant on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010

I think we overestimated how high the initial ratings we started with(20) was in relation to everyone else.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I would've been upset if Advent wasn't red

Kilnaga was also a suspicion simply because he was popular.

Who are the rest? Ahava?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nope, Dingo.

I'm Green.

I got played and played quite well.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ringo, you were so close. You could've crippled us that night.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If AF would have died to that redvote we would have had to do some serious spinning. :/

Kilnaga on
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was sure you guys were going to get rid of advent, but then by Day 3 all suspicion seemed to vanish from him?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    I would've been upset if Advent wasn't red

Kilnaga was also a suspicion simply because he was popular.

Who are the rest? Ahava?

Player Roles

Be sure to check the informational proboards and spreadsheet before you ask questions. I've tried to organize everything and I don't really want to repeat myself. :)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The following people were mafia:

adventfalls, Aegis, Dunadan019, Kias, Kilnaga, Lagnar, Malkor, Robos A Go Go, romanqwerty, samurai6966, TehSloth, and The Cow King

As you can see, we had quite the motley crew.

adventfalls on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Were there even any seers? Or vigs?

I had a one time ability to nuke someone's ratings or give them a huge boost, but never used it before getting offed.

But seriously, 12 mafia PLUS neutrals? It's no surprise this is over so quick.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    I was sure you guys were going to get rid of advent, but then by Day 3 all suspicion seemed to vanish from him?

Hi.

Nice to meet you.

I'm your friendly neighborhood idiot. I mean Dupe. I mean.

Whatever.

:P

Advent played a very nice game and you guys won.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the fun game Blarney and Infi.

I promise next time I`ll be able to post and talk with teammates before the final night. I was just busy a lot.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And on that note.

Off to work on the OP for my Main

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Savant wrote: »
    Were there even any seers? Or vigs?
    But seriously, 12 mafia PLUS neutrals? It's no surprise this is over so quick.

It feels a little unbalanced, mostly because we had the ability to use teamwork and to use our influence effectively, the village had a much harder time managing to work as a team.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Ahem, Vagrant TV home of the ODAM Agent would like to bring you their To-Do list for this phalla:

1. Find out the identities of half the mafia Day 1.
    2. Tell No One!
    3. ????
    4. Profit

/fistbumps adventfalls
    Nice Xanatos Gambit earning everyone's trust by outing Robos.

I mean... it would have been freaking epic to out half the mafia day 1 in the thread, but working with them was the smarter patch for achieving my win condition.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //