Options

Bad Company 2: Objective bravo is getting kicked!

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I play shotgun wookie a lot, I don't really enjoy hiding in a bush at the start of the map wookie.

Yeah, Saiga + Motion Sensor + C4/Mortar is quite fun.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    IsidoreIsidore Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I love recons that use the motion sensor. I see a lot more shotgun wookies on pubs now than a week back but none of them use the one thing that makes them amazing.

Isidore on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Isidore wrote: »
    I love recons that use the motion sensor. I see a lot more shotgun wookies on pubs now than a week back but none of them use the one thing that makes them amazing.

Seriously. Throw them onto MCOMS when you plan to attack one or need to defend it as well as the common routes the other team are likely to take and the points come rolling in.

It's even better when you have an assault replenishing them for you.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    pretty much always use them, it's excellent for sneaking around and knifing everyone

M.D. on
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I play shotgun wookie a lot, I don't really enjoy hiding in a bush at the start of the map wookie.

Yeah, Saiga + Motion Sensor + C4/Mortar is quite fun.

I use this setup mostly on conquest or rush defense.
    Loads of fun to sneak up behing a tank and then blowing it up with the c4.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Senshi wrote: »
    My Golden Rule when it comes to rocket launchers is that if they're behind cover, it's okay to use it, because that's what it's for (The CG perhaps moreso). It's a weapon used against fortified positions, not "ololol let's put some TF2 in this BC2 guys".

If people keep insisting on having a group huddle with their entire squad, you can be damn sure I'm sending Mr. Forty Mil in there to crash the group hug.

Echo on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Seriously. Throw them onto MCOMS when you plan to attack one or need to defend it as well as the common routes the other team are likely to take and the points come rolling in.

I was Shotgun Wookie the other day, right, tossing Motion Mines and shotgunning peeps.

So I toss my last Motion Mine into a house on that one jungle map (Not Isla Innocentials, that other one) and ping two badguys. I was about to introduce them to my good friend SAIGA, when this random Assault comes up and tosses an Ammo Pack at my feet. I was like, SWEET.

I also do this when I'm playing Assault. Except I do it for all the "IMA SNIPUR!" recons camping in a bush. At least, the ones I can find.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    I love recons that use the motion sensor.

I love enemy recons that use motion sensors.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Hay guys, there's a wookie coming in!"

*BLAM BLAM*"

"OK, got 'im."

Echo on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    TKane wrote: »

I was Shotgun Wookie the other day, right, tossing Motion Mines and shotgunning peeps.

So I toss my last Motion Mine into a house on that one jungle map (Not Isla Innocentials, that other one) and ping two badguys. I was about to introduce them to my good friend SAIGA, when this random Assault comes up and tosses an Ammo Pack at my feet. I was like, SWEET.

I also do this when I'm playing Assault. Except I do it for all the "IMA SNIPUR!" recons camping in a bush. At least, the ones I can find.

Dudes who sit in bushes use a lot of bullets. Which is great for your assault resupply score.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    exis wrote: »
    If team scramble splits you and your buddies up, deal with it. You're stacking teams, and the scramble is there to un-stack them. Play on a non-team balance server if you don't like it.

I don't know how things work on TAD, but on the servers I play on team imbalance is more often than not caused by ragequit cascades than anyone actively team stacking. I really see no reason to split up squads of people that are making a distinct effort to play together if it can be avoided. Especially since they've put such a focus on squad play.

Well, we're not here to have fun in the company of our irl buddies are we? BC2 is serious business you know!

Movitz on
  • Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    not sure how dice can't work out a functioning ping

oh hey a 90 ping server, *join* *look at scoreboard: 250-300 ping*

what blows my mind is complaining about the other team having 2 more people: "Oh, it's only one. That won't make a difference."

Making ping report correctly on the scoreboard's pretty difficult. Seriously, name one developer that's done it well.

As already mentioned, Valve. I wouldn't mind if the pings were just innaccurate, but about 50% of the servers are listed as having 1 ping for me, regardless of where in the world they actually are. Needless to say, these values are not correct.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I love recons that use the motion sensor.

I love enemy recons that use motion sensors.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Hay guys, there's a wookie coming in!"

*BLAM BLAM*"

"OK, got 'im."

.... Except with Motion Mines, Recons can see exactly which way you're facing. Any Wookie worth his salt would come up behind you.

But even as I say that, more often then not its MOTION MINE OUT, BUM RUSH!

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Movitz wrote: »
    If team scramble splits you and your buddies up, deal with it. You're stacking teams, and the scramble is there to un-stack them. Play on a non-team balance server if you don't like it.

I don't know how things work on TAD, but on the servers I play on team imbalance is more often than not caused by ragequit cascades than anyone actively team stacking. I really see no reason to split up squads of people that are making a distinct effort to play together if it can be avoided. Especially since they've put such a focus on squad play.

Well, we're not here to have fun in the company of our irl buddies are we? BC2 is serious business you know!

yeah man, stacked, unbalanced teams sure are fun for everyone.

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

No, which is why there is a need for an autobalance feature. However, I can see it being hard to implement as many players like to play in squads with friends.

Wait, didn't I just write pretty much exactly that before?
    Now it's your turn to get all snotty and say "Stop whining and having friends, this is srs bsnes"
    And then exis says that he agrees that it might be a problem to solve.
    And it's a full circle?

Movitz on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I was on a server that had something set up to broadcast through the admin chat that would chime in when it said teams were imbalanced as well as kick any player that switched to a team with more players already.

M.D. on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    not sure how dice can't work out a functioning ping

oh hey a 90 ping server, *join* *look at scoreboard: 250-300 ping*

what blows my mind is complaining about the other team having 2 more people: "Oh, it's only one. That won't make a difference."

Making ping report correctly on the scoreboard's pretty difficult. Seriously, name one developer that's done it well.

DICE has said plenty of times that ping on the scoreboard is the round trip from you to the server. Most games just report your ping to the server, and don't add the ping from the server to you.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Played on Angry Dome for the first time last night.

Much much better than public servers. Nice to not have half the losing team drop between rounds.

Got yelled at in Vent for getting the Bradley I was driving blown up by mortar fire, though :(

To be fair, I was using the optics spec and was zoomed in, so I couldn't see the mortars dropping near us.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I have created a new account, just for playing on Australian servers.
    Let us see my stats after playing with a ping of less than 100 and no unlocks.

:O

Warcry on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I wish covering my jeep with C4 made it blow up with more oomf

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

No, which is why there is a need for an autobalance feature. However, I can see it being hard to implement as many players like to play in squads with friends.

Now it's your turn to get all snotty and say "Stop whining and having friends, this is srs bsnes"
    And it's a full circle?

No, I reply with "protip: you're still stacking teams"

You being in a squad, locked or otherwise, should have no bearing on whether or not you get switched to the other team to maintain team balance. That would defeat the purpose of its existence and you may as well play with it off.

Now it's my turn to repeat myself: If you don't like the autobalance feature, play on a server with it off. Enjoy your 12-vs-20 games (but hey it's alright, at least you're in a squad with all three of your friends, right bro?)

Cue your nonsensical "hay at least i have friends" retort.

Senshi on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also when I get bored I lay anti tank mines in stairwells

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, as Tridus mentioned, CG and 40mm spam isn't too common on 360.

Still plenty of Wookies, though.

Also it seems that the bullets on the 360 do more damage than the paintballs being fired on the PC. Allows you to kill multiple people with one clip from a SMG. There are a lot of useless snipers (yes, snipers, not recon) on the 360. I can always tell how my team is going to do based on how many snipers there are on it. You know the type. Hide in the bushes, miss everyone, don't try to disarm the MCOM stations, hide way up in the lighthouse not doing anything productive for the team while on attack...

No, I'm not bitter :lol:

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I noticed my team hates me a lot less now that I'm using the M24 with a red dot

Can't wait for shotgun slugs

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Shotgun slugs are god's gift to shotguns

it's like having an m95 but with crosshairs and no red dot and less cycle time

so for people who are learning how to be pro with the red dot m95

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Whenever I play engineer I spend ten minutes sitting behind a tank and repairing it while someone does all the fun stuff

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I wish this had the team scramble like tf2 does, even if they fix the auto balance they should add in the team scramble cause sometimes you'll paly a fair 16 vs 16 but one side will steam roll you for 3 maps then it turns into one of the 17 vs 9 games.

M.D. on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think it's cool that the console and PC versions have different weapon damage stats.

It's harder to aim on the consoles,so increased lethality makes the game more entertaining.
    On the other hand toning down the damage on the pin-point accuracy PC stops the game from being an "instant death" experience and makes running for cover actually viable.

Note: The above statement only talks about bullets and has nothing to do with explosives.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Whenever I play engineer I spend ten minutes sitting behind a tank and repairing it while someone does all the fun stuff

Repairing is like the last thing I do when playing engineer. Usually at least one dude in a tank is an engy and will hop out.

I have yet to get an impact kill though. I need to work on that.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    kinda sucks when you are the driver of a tank and also an engineer. i took some damage to around 50% health, backed up, hopped out and started to repair. then someone else came and took my tank and drive it into a mine that could be clearly seen.

bastards.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

And it's a full circle?

You being in a squad, locked or otherwise, should have no bearing on whether or not you get switched to the other team to maintain team balance. That would defeat the purpose of its existence and you may as well play with it off.

Now it's my turn to repeat myself: If you don't like the autobalance feature, play on a server with it off. Enjoy your 12-vs-20 games (but hey it's alright, at least you're in a squad with all three of your friends, right bro?)

I'm just thinking that there must be some way to fix team stacking and still let people play in squads they like. Which was why I was wondering how this worked in the beta. This question was unfortunately completely ignored and I was instead asked to suck it up and deal with the fact that...well...what exactly. That I enjoy this game more when I'm not alone?

And you also started going all aggressive on a theoretical scenario which might not even happen. I have not idea on how an eventual autobalance fix would turn out.

Movitz on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The best thing as an Engineer is destroying another tank with your wrench.

Just,that situation is so comical I imagine the enemy crew sitting in there screaming "HE'S COMING THROUGH THE WALLS!!!!!!"

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    TekDragonTekDragon __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    goggles wrote: »
    TekDragon wrote: »
    I love when APC drivers ignore assaults. Woops, I guess those 40mm grenades with the explosives perk actually do some decent damage to your side/rear!

Limed because APC suggests the HUMVEE and other light vehicles are armored, when in fact they blow up when I sneeze near them.

I was actually talking about the Bradleys and such.

TekDragon on
  • Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    The best thing as an Engineer is destroying another tank with your wrench.

Just,that situation is so comical I imagine the enemy crew sitting in there screaming "HE'S COMING THROUGH THE WALLS!!!!!!"

I love it when the tank tries to drive away, afraid of a little engi with a power tool.

Squirrel Rancher on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    belaraphon wrote: »
    kinda sucks when you are the driver of a tank and also an engineer. i took some damage to around 50% health, backed up, hopped out and started to repair. then someone else came and took my tank and drive it into a mine that could be clearly seen.

bastards.

Which is why I sit around and repair the tank as its getting shot

It makes the tank driver really happy unless he's too dumb to notice his health bar is going back up

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    For anyone interested, I just opened up a Hardcore Rush server:

MnM Hardcore Rush

I'll be trying to get in everynight with my clanmates/friends but please feel free to stop by if you want to play some hardcore.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm playing squad deathmatch right now and I really like putting C4 on the tank right after it spawns and then blow it up as soon as someone gets in.

Peewi on
  • Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    New thread title

"OBVIOUSLY the people that work here dont..."

or some version thereof. In honor of that cunt talking on the snow map loading screen.

WraithXt1 on
    WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

And it's a full circle?

I'm just thinking that there must be some way to fix team stacking and still let people play in squads they like. Which was why I was wondering how this worked in the beta. This question was unfortunately completely ignored and I was instead asked to suck it up and deal with the fact that...well...what exactly. That I enjoy this game more when I'm not alone?

And you also started going all aggressive on a theoretical scenario which might not even happen. I have not idea on how an eventual autobalance fix would turn out.

I really just wanted to make sure you understood the possible repercussions of your suggestion

DICE being who they are, they'd probably implement something as flawed (note: not wrong, but hugely flawed) as your idea and then go on to pat themselves on the back. It'd be a fine idea if everyone was a fair player, but if they were, autobalancing wouldn't be necessary in the first place.

Also the Repair Tool is the best thing ever in so many ways

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Digging into someone's skull with the repair tool is the best

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Digging into someone's skull with the repair tool is the best

I prefer to do that to solo player snipers rather than using the knife. Seems much more... disrespectful.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
This discussion has been closed.