As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat]abeetus

EchoEcho ski-bapba-dapModerator mod
edited May 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
WotLK_Tuskarr_Model_01.jpg

brimley.jpg

Echo on

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    [Chat]abeetus sounds better

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Walrus Brimley?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Walrus men are the best kind of men.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So...Cataclysm next week?

Ready for this expansion now.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So...Cataclysm next week?

Ready for this expansion now.
    Me too, I'm not even bothered about the 80-85 stuff, I just want to level some dudes from the start in shiny new Azeroth.

815165 on
  • Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, why do I still have a hankering for a Big Mac?

I mean, GEAR SCORE!

ironzerg on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »

You mean two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun?

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »

You mean two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun?
    Your Sandwich Score is too low for this eatery.

Vote to Kick: Yes/No?

Tach on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    A chat thread dead in two weeks?

Yup, an expansion is coming.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want new stuff damn it!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    At this point I think Ruby Sanctum is going to be in the same patch as the city events. The whole raid was addes in 3.3.3, so I don't see the reason for this wait if 3.3.5 was just the sanctum.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha, I approve of this OP.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OP made me tingle on my dingle.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I might possibly be looking forward to coming back to the home of the free and the land of the brave and playing wow again. I'm just hoping my guild has started clearing ICC and potentially started doing hard modes.

How terrible a person does this make me?

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why would cataclysm be next week? They have not talked about the trolls retaking the echo islands or more about the Ruby sanctum?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    At this point I think Ruby Sanctum is going to be in the same patch as the city events. The whole raid was addes in 3.3.3, so I don't see the reason for this wait if 3.3.5 was just the sanctum.

Better come soon, my guild is burned the hell out.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Better come soon, my guild is burned the hell out.
    Both of mine are, we've resorted to doing comedy all healer or DPS arena teams again.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, we've already been hit by the expansion blues. People have stopped playing until the expansion comes out and the raiders really only log on to raid. Hell, the guild leader hasn't really been on in like a month.

I guess I could level more alts...

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    This is the worst part of the wait for this expansion for me, levelling any pre-60 alts feels pointless because I know I'll have more fun doing it in new Azeroth.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I wish you could have more than 10 characters per server. After 5+ years it's a bit limiting >.>

Currently grinding out a full set of heirloom gear for my worgen druid. Got a Headmaster's Charge all +30 SPed up :D

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I thought raiders only log on to raid and for the occasional look at me crap

Brainleech on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    *nevermind*

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wish you could have more than 10 characters per server. After 5+ years it's a bit limiting >.>

Currently grinding out a full set of heirloom gear for my worgen druid. Got a Headmaster's Charge all +30 SPed up :D

I've also been grinding badges like a mofo. Went from the 10-player achievement to the 100-player random grouping in one evening.

That was rough.

I've seen the surgeon's needle drop twice now and lost it both times (it's an upgrade for me, still using a plasma foil) the most recent time to a druid who shouted "suck it" to me in all caps before dropping right after that first boss.

Do boomkins even use daggers? I mean, obviously they can but I thought they all used staves. Oh well.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    815165 wrote: »
    This is the worst part of the wait for this expansion for me, levelling any pre-60 alts feels pointless because I know I'll have more fun doing it in new Azeroth.

That is exactly why I won't even level my shaman or rogue. The rogue is at lv27, but I want him to go through the new stuff too.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I kinda hope they do something with the other races' starting areas since they have this chance to. I'm not expecting a full revamp, but it'd be nice to not be going through all the same cookie cutter caves and whatnot.

Also, while they haven't mentioned it, I keep hoping for a WAR-esque lorebook/bestiary. I'd love to be able to catalog every creature in the game through some kind of in-game setup.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    THey said at blizzcon every zone would be affected by the Cataclysm but not all would change that much

I do like that book in War but I spend more time reading it as of late than trying to play and figure out the game

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Spoiler'd for bigness, major zone changes planned for Cataclysm

Kalimdor
    The new level flow for the Kalimdor zones

* Ashenvale: Heavier deforestation around the Warsong Lumber Camp causes the orcs to encroach on Silverwind Refuge. Zoram'gar Outpost is reinforced with black iron, similar to the Horde outposts in Northrend. Astranaar becomes the victim of air assaults launched by the Horde.
    * Azshara: Azshara has been claimed by the goblins (likely as their second zone after the Lost Isles), where they have established a quarry to cut stone for the construction of their towns. The zone is also now directly linked with Orgrimmar.
    * The Barrens: The Barrens is split in two by great fissures in the land, spouting fiery rivers of lava. The Northern Barrens is a level 10-20 zone, while the Southern Barrens is intended for higher level players. Portions of the Barrens have grown lush thanks to the work of the druid Naralex. The passage into Mulgore has been reinforced by the tauren, with high walls and a gate. This is because the Alliance will be moving into the southern Barrens, constructing several towers and burning down Camp Taurajo. [15]
    * Darkshore: Auberdine is destroyed, and the very land torn asunder. The Alliance relocates to a new camp in the Northern end of the zone, while the Horde sets up camp to the South. Shatterspear Village, previously a closed zone, becomes an accessible subzone.
    * Desolace: Once a barren wasteland, the Cataclysm has caused a rift to form, allowing water to flood in from the coast and bring life back to the region. However, the region is now being invaded by demons, including shivarra.
    * Durotar: The Darkspear Trolls will retake the Echo Isles as a new starting area.[16]
    * Feralas: Will be retuned to a 35-40 zone.
    * Orgrimmar: The trailer showed evidence of the front gates being reinforced with metal (like Warsong Hold). What metal is used is unknown, but at BlizzCon 2009 Tom Chilton said specifically "if you recognize the black iron... it's from somewhere" [17], hinting that the metal has a specific origin or just reinforcing that we saw this type of architecture used by Garrosh in Northrend. Possibilities include dark iron, saronite or just normal iron.
    * Stonetalon Mountains: Eruptions decimate the landscape, spreading the flames of the Charred Vale even further. The goblins have cut through the mountains, forming a valley that leads into Ashenvale. The western coastline is now accessible.
    * Tanaris: Will be flooded, causing some inland desert locations to become beaches.
    * Thousand Needles: Will be flooded, with the eastern coastline accessible and the Shimmering Flats becoming a lake;[18] it will be retuned as a level 40-45 zone[19] and will host a dungeon.[20]

Eastern Kingdoms
    The new level flow for the Eastern Kingdom zones

* Blasted Lands: The quest flow for the entire zone is being revamped, with the coastline being made accessible and the Tainted Scar gaining a large, worgen-themed area.
    * Dun Morogh: The Gnomeregan Exiles will retake Gnomeregan as a new starting area.[21]
    * Eastern Plaguelands: Will be retuned as a level 40-50 zone.
    * The Hinterlands: Will be retuned as a 30-35 zone.
    * Hillsbrad Foothills: Southshore is destroyed by tidal waves.[22]
    * Silverpine Forest: The Greymane Wall has been destroyed by the Cataclysm, opening up the passage to Gilneas.
    * Stranglethorn Vale: Will be one of the most heavily revamped zones.[22]
    * Stormwind City: The castles and terrain surrounding Stormwind City have been remodeled to accommodate flying mounts. The Gilnean worgen have been assigned their own district.
    * Undercity: The terrain in and around the Ruins of Lordaeron has been remodeled to accommodate flying mounts.
    * Western Plaguelands: In the wake of the Lich King's downfall, becomes free of the Plague of Undeath and will likely be renamed to reflect this; will be re-tuned as a level 30-40 zone.
    * Wetlands: Heavily affected by Deathwing's destructive exit from Deepholm, with the Twilight Highlands now opened to the East.

Dungeons and raids
    List of the Dungeons in Cataclysm that will ship with the game

The developers announced at BlizzCon 2009 that they intend for Cataclysm to ship with the most end-game content yet seen in an expansion.

* The Skywall
    o Unnamed level 80-82 dungeon
    o Unnamed raid
    * Deepholm
    o Unnamed level 81-83 dungeon
    * Sunken City of Vashj'ir
    o Abyssal Maw, level 81-83 dungeon
    o Throne of the Tides, 82-84 dungeon
    * Uldum
    o Halls of Origination, level 83 dungeon
    o Lost City of Tol'vir, level 84-85 dungeon
    * Blackrock Mountain
    o Blackrock Caverns, level 85 dungeon
    o Blackwing Descent, raid inspired by Blackwing Lair with Nefarian as end boss
    * Grim Batol
    o Unnamed level 85 dungeon
    o Grim Batol raid
    * The Firelands
    o Raid against Ragnaros
    * New Caverns of Time instance. Unknown at moment in time what the dungeon may be based on
    * New old-world dungeons gaining 5-player Heroic mode
    o Deadmines
    o Shadowfang Keep
    * New dungeon in Thousand Needles

Edit: Doesn't seem the actual starter zones are getting much of a major overhaul, but the zones following them are.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Still I am going to have a party on my rogue in Auberdine or Astranaar that Monday before the patch because I am curious about if I log out there where will I log back in?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hope Shimmering Flats Lake has jetboat racing.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Still I am going to have a party on my rogue in Auberdine or Astranaar that Monday before the patch because I am curious about if I log out there where will I log back in?

I would laugh if you got the message, "Your character was eaten by Deathwing. Game over man."

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Spoiler'd for bigness, major zone changes planned for Cataclysm

Edit: Doesn't seem the actual starter zones are getting much of a major overhaul, but the zones following them are.
    If anyone harms the Shatterspear Trolls there will be hell to pay.

815165 on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They'd be too distracted by all the dancing.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It'd be nice if a road of some sorts opened up to that village to become a neutral quest hub.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Southshore and Auberdine totally gone? That's crazy. I know everyone hated Darkshore, but I always enjoyed the flow of the elf start zones.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They're getting rid of EPL as Argent Dawn stuff? This makes me a sad panda.

Also, if the Alliance even thinks wrongly of my dancing Trolls, they're all going t pay.

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Southshore and Auberdine totally gone? That's crazy. I know everyone hated Darkshore, but I always enjoyed the flow of the elf start zones.
    I just ran a Druid through them for the last time, really cool atmosphere from Teldrassil to Ashenvale.

815165 on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    [Chat]abeetus sounds better

Good man, Echo

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Most people just walk to IF instead of doing the NElf areas.

They are dumbs.

ALSO, will retaking gnomeregan be an event or just something that happens during the patch?

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Most people just walk to IF instead of doing the NElf areas.

They are dumbs.

ALSO, will retaking gnomeregan be an event or just something that happens during the patch?
    It looks like an event from the stuff leaked so far. Same for Echo Isles.

815165 on
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »

In the most recent novel, Auberdine is a shitty punishment place for night elves to live in, where they are sent to trade and deal with other races of the Alliance.

Bikkstah on
This discussion has been closed.