As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Gamers in the Media

Nicole452Nicole452 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Any opinions on how gamers are depicted in the media... including the news, TV shows, movies, magazines, etc?

Nicole452 on

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Do you mean other than Godless Liberal Faggots?

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    gearngearn __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    They do a pretty good job.

gearn on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    uh, sorry nicole, but you might want to buff up that opening post there

i mean of course we're all gonna have opinions, being that we are on a forum for a game-culture webcomic, but you might want to start the ball roling a bit. what made you start this thread? did you see something interesting recently that made you change your opinion or outrage you perhaps?

Nuzak on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Was there some kind of recent controversy that prompted the OP?

Pro gamers are rockstars in South Korea who claim they're recognized in public sometimes. The only pro gamers in America who I can think of is that Fatal1ty guy.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What about that guy who was on one of those reality TV shows? I remember mention of a pro smash bros player getting roped into one of those.

Sipex on
  • Options
    SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jp-grandmas-boy5.jpg

Slider on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010
    Nicole452 wrote: »
    Any opinions on how gamers are depicted in the media... including the news, TV shows, movies, magazines, etc?

Yes.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2010
    (Try again, but this time with more than a generic sentence, and maybe include your own thoughts.)

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.