As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LOST - Missed Connections

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Good god. Just watched the episode. Nearly teared up. Jesus christ. I've always liked Jack, so happy he's become so incredibly awesome.
    When he says that line and hits Locke into the water. Probably most badass moment in Lost ever.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    +20 Let's all play this new game I learned from Richard points for Candidate Chicken

hahahaha

Fuga on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kinda bothered by,
    They have a daughter, so Jin should have tried to escape instead of leaving the child an orphan.

jackal on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    oh my god D: (latest ep spoilers)
    “Right before we started shooting, [director] Jack Bender took me aside and told me about story that he read a long time ago, about this woman who was missing her dead husband, and how she had this beach ball that he blew up before he died. Every day she took a little breath from the beach ball. And that really got me right into the emotional core of where I needed to be to play that scene. Can you imagine that woman, taking that breath little by little every day, just to feel her husband’s presence?”

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fuck, I want to click that.

edit: phew, its gone

101 on
  • Options
    ohthecommotionohthecommotion Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What did Jack say
    before knocking Locke into the water?

For some reason my mind is blanking.
    I was upset that Sun and Jin died, but mostly upset because they've put up with so much crap since season 1, only to have it end like it did. Frank's death didn't hit me until after the episode ended, and that sucked because he was one of my favorite characters, but I can see how he wasn't really essential to the plot anymore.

Wasn't as shitty as Faraday's death. I was inconsolable after that.

Edit: Speculation!
    I think Sideways-Locke knows about the "real" timeline, where he's able to walk, and then dies, and then this evil presence takes his form. I think this is part of the reason he doesn't want Jack's help in getting the use of his legs back. Maybe being able to walk again puts him one step closer (pun SO intended) to the timeline where things don't work out so well for him?

One of the few underrated subplots is how unfulfilling Locke's life is. All that crap with his father happens, he never gets to be with Helen, he can't walk. He goes to the island, and can walk again, but he becomes a crucial cog in this gigantic mystery for years, never getting any answers. And the only way anyone ELSE can solve what's going on is for him to die, alone and answer-less. Sad.

ohthecommotion on
    COME, my tan-faced children,
    Follow well in order, get your weapons ready,
    Have you your pistols? Have you your sharp-edged axes?
    Pioneers! O pioneers!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    101 wrote: »
    Fuck, I want to click that.

edit: phew, its gone

sorry, i meant to say the latest ep, not the last ep

Tasteticle on

• Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    El Guaco wrote: »
    The only thing that would surprise me at this point is if the show took a huge left turn and everyone died and the island disappeared forever with no explanations. THE END (with subtitles saying "f*** you Lost fans! haha")

Holy crap, it nearly came true.
    The part that doesn't make sense to me is why didn't Locke just have everyone hop on the plane and let them blow it up if he just wanted everyone dead?

El Guaco on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    Kinda bothered by,
    They have a daughter, so Jin should have tried to escape instead of leaving the child an orphan.
    the kid is/was probably the real candidate

Barcardi on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Barcardi wrote: »
    jackal wrote: »
    Kinda bothered by,
    the kid is/was probably the real candidate
    I don't remember Jacob ever touching Ji-Yeon

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The only thing that would surprise me at this point is if the show took a huge left turn and everyone died and the island disappeared forever with no explanations. THE END (with subtitles saying "f*** you Lost fans! haha")

The part that doesn't make sense to me is why didn't Locke just have everyone hop on the plane and let them blow it up if he just wanted everyone dead?

he still wants to get off the island

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Tasteticle wrote: »

Oh my God
    Alt-John took flying lessons...with the bleeding effect going on, does that mean Smokey can effectively fly the Ajira plane out of there?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Because a bomb alone couldn't kill them, as Jack's game of Candidate Chicken in the Black Rock showed us. NotLocke counted on the bomb making them panic and triggering it themselves, which was the only way that it would work.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Because a bomb alone couldn't kill them, as Jack's game of Candidate Chicken in the Black Rock showed us. NotLocke counted on the bomb making them panic and triggering it themselves, which was the only way that it would work.
    It should have worked on the plane if he hadn't said anything; Widmore was the one that set it, not him, and no one said Widmore couldn't kill candidates.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BackstopBackstop Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Because how would he plausibly not be on the plane when that happened?

Backstop on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Backstop wrote: »

Because how would he plausibly not be on the plane when that happened?
    You think an explosion could kill him? Monster probably eats explosions for breakfast

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010

Oh my God
    Alt-John took flying lessons...with the bleeding effect going on, does that mean Smokey can effectively fly the Ajira plane out of there?

Or somehow
    he will eventually be able to get to LA X using locke as a medium?

Barcardi on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jack wouldn't have been on the plane. He was very adament about NOT going. The only reason he was able to get them on the Sub is because MiB knew Widmore would be watching it and it would force Jack in. Then, with Kate getting shot, there was no other option. Which is why MiB swapped bags.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Heh, its kinda funny that
    ben, guyliner, and miles are not around during the sub scene, and not even hurley is like "oh hey we should go grab miles maybe"

not that the would have ever even had the chance, but those three haven't even been mentioned in a while

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This was probably the first episode that really made me think

"Holy shit, this thing is ending"

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    It should have worked on the plane if he hadn't said anything; Widmore was the one that set it, not him, and no one said Widmore couldn't kill candidates.

Exactly.
    Also, it would have been hard to have survivors from a plane exploding mid-air. They can't exactly swim away to safety like they did in the sub. Of course, the irony of that statement does not escape me considering how the Losties got there in the first place.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Heh, its kinda funny that
    ben, guyliner, and miles are not around during the sub scene, and not even hurley is like "oh hey we should go grab miles maybe"

not that the would have ever even had the chance, but those three haven't even been mentioned in a while

they went to the barracks to get guns/explosives to blow the plane up with

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    This was probably the first episode that really made me think

"Holy shit, this thing is ending"

Same here
    And it wasn't even the deaths. Just something about the tone of the episode from the very beginning. I think maybe the fact that all of the passengers were in one big group.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Except the flight attendant n the kids, errr if they count anymore.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's amazing how on TV someone can steal a man's digital watch, and with no soldering iron make the watch count backwards and wire it to a detonator to make a bomb. Macguyver would have been proud.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's amazing how on TV someone can steal a man's digital watch, and with no soldering iron make the watch count backwards and wire it to a detonator to make a bomb. Macguyver would have been proud.

Smoke magic!

captaink on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    slates analysis is kinda strange

it is kinda funny that
    sayid is redeemed, but leaves desmond in the well

Barcardi on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hate the word "guyliner" more than anything else in the world

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I seriously doubt that

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Guy who wrote this is a blithering retard, by the way

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Also about the watch...the watch he grabbed wasnt it an analogue watch, as in one with a dial but the watch that we see used is digital? Just a little prop snafu I guess.

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    no i'm pretty sure it was the same watch both times

and considering lostpedia has this as a continuity error and not that, i'm guessing it definitely was

When Jack gets the C-4 out of the backpack, the countdown goes from 3:55 to 3:52. It then beeps 10 times (one beep per second), leading the countdown to 3:42. However, the scene after, the countdown is at 3:45.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    so finale this saturday right

Fuga on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    wrong

belligerent on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    wrong in like a bunch of ways

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the finale is on sunday the 23rd of may.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Why is it on a Sunday?

ohthecommotion on
    Pioneers! O pioneers!
  • Options
    QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    God wants it this way

Qorzm on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the numbers

Langly on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    That's dumb. It's ONE of the numbers. They should've just played it at 8 PM on Tuesday instead of 9 if they wanted to incorporate one stupid number into the showtime.

I get angry about dumb stuff.

ohthecommotion on
    Pioneers! O pioneers!
This discussion has been closed.