As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cisco Firewall Question

BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
So I think someone at my work has been trying to open WoW ports (I know I'd like to myself but meh).

access-list OUTSIDE line 68 extended permit tcp any host 10.200.25.252 eq 3724
access-list OUTSIDE line 69 extended permit tcp any host 10.200.25.252 eq 6112

Those are the wow ports aren't they? I'm no firewall expert (just starting my Cisco training). This crap has probably been in place for awhile, but I thought I'd ask if any legit programs use those ports. I can't find any reference other than WoW on the web.

Bigity on

• Options
    edited May 2010
    I can't find anything else after some more searching, I'm going to assume there is no work legit purpose.

Bigity on
  • Options
    KrikeeKrikee Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have to assume that ACL is used on a WAN ingress port. Go ask whoever is at 10.200.25.252 what they are used for. Say you're starting your training, and updating the documentation on the network: in other words, make yourself sound dumb, and the question sound innocent so you don't sound accusatory.

Krikee on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Heh, well it's probably in place from the last bunch of network folks, about 3 of them all left at the same time....

The ip is one of the network admin/server department machines.

Yea the OUTSIDE looks like it's set up for stuff coming in to our network, there is also an INSIDE, a DMZ, and a acl-out. Ugh more stuff to learn.

Bigity on