As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(Ultima Online) None of this browser based nonsense!

MoogleofdoomMoogleofdoom Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
Remember Ultima Online? From way back before even Everquest? Well my friends are horrible monsters who have convinced me to reinstall this game and lose my summer to it. I've recently found out while playing Xbox Live with the Penny Arcade crew that games are always better when you surround yourself with people that aren't total silly geese. Therefore, I am extending an invitation to anyone from PA who's interested in Grandmastering their magery, grabbing a halberd and setting out to Vas Ort Flam/Corp Por some poor newbs.

The server is set right before UO:Rennisance so we're getting in right before a lot of the really bad stuff was added to UO and getting only a little bit of the stuff that turned off some of the more hardcore players (colored ore and T2A). It's Felucca only, no statloss.

The main downside I've seen so far is the server seems a little light on people, usually there's about 60 people on and a great many of them are macroing (legal on this server) but the server is still pretty new, which is nice because there is no giant guild dedicated to ruining everyone's experience like I've seen on other servers. An increase in population would make things really nice.

Now that that's out of the way, here's some copy pasta from the server's website for the good stuff:
* Balanced, Fast Paced PvP
* NO STATLOSS!
* 700 Skill Cap, 225 Stat Cap
* Felucca Only
* Rare Dungeon Spawns
* Professional Staff
* Daily Tournaments and Events
* No Custom Housing
* No Neons
* Instant-Hits
* Balanced Skill Gain
* Daily & Steal-able Rare's
* And Much More!

The rare dungeon spawns are a lot of fun: it's one unique monster that you can't provoke anything on and they usually do enough damage to one-shot you if you're not paying attention. Several nights a week GMs are on organizing town raids or just playing trivia games with the players.
Skill gain is sped up but not ridiculously so.

There's a system in place where you're able to message players on the server. Type in [msg and then find a list of players. My main character is named Maarken and I'll be more than happy to get any new players on their feet. I'll be organizing us all in a guild as soon as we get a few players on.

Here's a list of players that'll give you help:
Maarken
AnnoyingMusicMan
Patrick
trinasty
If someone doesn't respond, they're probably macroing afk, don't take it personally.

I recommend installing Razor because it makes UO life a billion times easier. I also recommend UO:Auto Map since it's handy to see where all your buddies are. All of this can be found on the server's website which is right here: http://uoretribution.com/

Sometimes magic sounds like tape, Robert.
xbl: Mirage84
Moogleofdoom on

• Options
    SanguinarySanguinary Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    woo! stupid game is making me play it. heh. name's trinasty

Sanguinary on
    "Und... under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumbass"

"I don't even bother to use my brain any more! There's nothing left in it"
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    added to list. Did you ever decide on your 7 skills?

Moogleofdoom on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    meh, kinda. gonna just end up as a warrior guy. swords, tactics, anatomy, healing, magery and... 2 other things i can't remember. parry maybe? maybe a 50/50 with med and something else? i can't remember w/o looking at it

Sanguinary on

• Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why this shard and not one of the bigger UoGamers ones?

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Why this shard and not one of the bigger UoGamers ones?

I've heard some real bad things about Hybrid and my friends had requirements for the server-no statloss, instant-hit, no stupid housing, etc-Retribution meets all those requirements. Since it's a new server I'm hoping the population picks up.

Moogleofdoom on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    hey is there anyway to see who all is on or msg people? [msg is broken or something

Sanguinary on