As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

View New Posts not working properly

NintoNinto Registered User regular
The new posts feature doesn't seem to be working properly.

- I'll read a thread, someone will add a post, and the forum doesn't show the orange icon showing that there's new posts in the thread. If the rest of the forum is quiet and I go to the forum list, it'll show that forum as not having any new posts, even though there are often new posts in multiple threads.

- Sometimes the forum will show a thread as having new posts available to be read, but when I click on the orange icon it tells me "no new posts since last visit" which is false.

These two issues have been present since before the latest upgrades.

Ninto on

• Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2005
    Fixing tonight.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Thanks alpha.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Yes, thanks Alpha! Hope last night wasn't too frustrating, as it's still broken today. Anything I can do to help?

Ninto on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Hmm. I just updated to Firefox 1.5 RC1, and it's working again.

Did you fix it just now, Alpha, or is it the upgrade to the browser that did it?

Ninto on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Looks like it wasn't the upgrade to the browser, but the de-activation of the session saver extension that did it.

I installed the session saver extension again (latest version) and voila, broke forums! Uninstall, and voila, working forums!

What to do? I like the functionality of the session saver, but having the new posts buttons working for PA forums saves a lot of time.

PA Forums wins, session saver can go to hell.

Ninto on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Ninto wrote:
    Looks like it wasn't the upgrade to the browser, but the de-activation of the session saver extension that did it.

I installed the session saver extension again (latest version) and voila, broke forums! Uninstall, and voila, working forums!

What to do? I like the functionality of the session saver, but having the new posts buttons working for PA forums saves a lot of time.

Use another extension that performs the same function? Tab mix can do it, but it's not as good, since it can't restore from crashes :?

Rohaq on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Rohaq wrote:
    Ninto wrote:

Use another extension that performs the same function? Tab mix can do it, but it's not as good, since it can't restore from crashes :?

Yeah I was liking the restore from crashes part of it, but now that I think about it I'd rather not have that functionality. It's screwed me up multiple times when some website has code that crashes the browser, and then keeps re-loading every time until I dick with the profile.

Ninto on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2005
    Ninto wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:
    Ninto wrote:

Yeah I was liking the restore from crashes part of it, but now that I think about it I'd rather not have that functionality. It's screwed me up multiple times when some website has code that crashes the browser, and then keeps re-loading every time until I dick with the profile.
    Tab mix is your poison here then :)

Rohaq on
  • Options
    edited November 2005
    Rohaq wrote:
    Ninto wrote:
    Rohaq wrote:
    Ninto wrote:

Tab mix is your poison here then :)

Unfortunately Tab Mix won't work with 1.5 RC1, yay. There's a Tab Mix Plus, which works great except for one missing feature: saving all open tabs on browser close.

Dead end, it seems. Shame, I guess I'll just wait until the extensions are fixed to get my sessions saved. Not a "must have" feature anyway, really.

Ninto on