As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

• Options
    MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    Mutilate wrote: »
    The worst part of HVH is the 2 (might be 3) Elite Dragon packs that split in two directions. It's amazing to see how many well geared tanks have no idea what to do with that. Luckily there is almost always a gung-ho DPS that is more than willing to help pick up half the pack.

I may or may not have been that gung-ho DPS on my Shaman (well, in normal VH).

I'm pretty sure there's only one of the dragon packs that does that, the one that comes out of the portal next to the voidwalker boss.

That one is always a split but I think it might happen twice. Maybe it's just my bad luck in there.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm pretty sure the portals are random, so you can not get it at all in one run. Also it's only a split if you are too slow to get there. Depending on tanking class and position of the last portal before it, it might even be impossible to reach sometimes.

Grobian on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    The order is random but the placement is fixed and as far as I have been able to tell, you get all possible placement types each run. Also, as best as I can tell, what comes out of the portal at what time is fixed to. I could be wrong though but thinking back on it now I am fairly sure I can tell whats about to come out of the portal.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, that's the only tricky part of HVH anymore. If you get one of the two spawns on the far right (facing away from the door), it's likely you won't make it up there in time to wait for them, though you may be able to range-pull. Hell, if you get the farthest to the right, you might not even be able to do that.

(Tricky is relative, of course.) And yes, each portal has a fixed spawn, but there is no set portal rotation, I think.

Isn't this thread 11 pages overdue for a new one?

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Happy: Decided to tank a random on my Warrior to keep my skills sharp even though I'm maining my Paladin again, got Gundrak, and was able to help a very friendly group get Less-Rabi and Share the Love. I already have my Red Proto on that character, but it was a very fun group and I'm glad to have gotten the chance to help out the other 4. :mrgreen:

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's got that old thread smell.

Like my runners I wore shovelling rock all weekend.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    It's got that old thread smell.

Like my runners I wore shovelling rock all weekend.

Dear sir,

You have the POWER!

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hate: Being the only plate wearer(DK) and seeing healing plate drop.

Double Hate: I've been killing the Analyzer guys in Baldes Edge for that repair bot schematic. Well, turns out I knew it. What a waste.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hate: I know we went over everyone rolling anything they can use in heroics, but why exactly does a rogue need to roll over a tank for Essence of Gossamer?

Oh, well. I guess I'll be getting the Glyph of Ind. soon enough. It would've saved me from--what the hell.

Happy: I sent that rogue a whisper just before the final boss, asking politely, "I figured it can't hurt to ask, but do you really need that trinket badly? It would be a great tank upgrade for me, and might just be a questionable PVP upgrade for you." He didn't respond and left group at the end, but when I got out the dungeon and started typing this up, I got an invite from him (didn't notice he was on Ravenholdt before) and he said, "just got your whisper, here you go!"

LESSON LEARNED: COMMUNICATION IS KEY, GOOSES.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How fortunate you guys were on the same server! Sounds like he just wasn't paying attention to party chat (happens a lot) and noticed afterward.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ahhh, Shit of a hate: Got hacked for the first time ever. This is depressing because I just spent all of last night powerleveling engineering on my pally.

guess I will get my kicks in bad company 2 while this mess gets sorted out.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How do you go about getting hacked?

Seems like you kinda have to put yourself out there for that to happen.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Fatgoat87Fatgoat87 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bad addons, people that swap in "updates" with backdoors to them... Causes most issues. Really to avoid being hacked you need to trust nobody... Scan everything and be careful what you click.

Fatgoat87 on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Who knows. I think I click on the most reputable of links but somehow one got through.

Maybe the power leveling engineering link I looked up is tainted. It's pretty much the only thing out of norm.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I hate the queue times for DPS. I don't mind tanking, it's a pretty fun break from routine, but sometimes, if I'm farming for a specific drop, I would like to DPS every now and again. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't go so horrendously slow on account of shitty dps. I hate topping the meters as a tank, even during boss fights. It's the worst thing in the world.

And why do 80% of Death Knights insist on DPSing in Frost Presence?

Javen on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    I hate the queue times for DPS. I don't mind tanking, it's a pretty fun break from routine, but sometimes, if I'm farming for a specific drop, I would like to DPS every now and again. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't go so horrendously slow on account of shitty dps. I hate topping the meters as a tank, even during boss fights. It's the worst thing in the world.

I believe it's from them seeing tanks, who tank in frost, do massive amounts of damage and top charts. So they think "If I go to frost presence I'll top charts too!"

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Javen wrote: »

How can you tell what presence they are in?

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It shows up as a buff for them.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fatgoat87 wrote: »
    Bad addons, people that swap in "updates" with backdoors to them... Causes most issues. Really to avoid being hacked you need to trust nobody... Scan everything and be careful what you click.

It's not addons specifically. Or at all, actually. WoW addons are uncompiled source code only, no executables. If you ever see an addon that includes an .exe file, that's not a legitimate addon.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Happy: Higher Learning.

I need a new obsessive and unhealthy goal now.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sentinels&cn=Kalorie&gn=Sweaty+Nerds

Samphis on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Battlemaster seems like the obvious choice.

edit: or mr. pinchy i guess

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is Mr. Pinchy something hard to get?

I got it on the first wish and thought most people did. It wasn't even hard to catch the thing.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is Mr. Pinchy something hard to get?

I got it on the first wish and thought most people did. It wasn't even hard to catch the thing.
    126956093891.jpg

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Mr. Pinchy isn't that bad, although fishing is a grindy RNG personified (objectified)?

Battlemaster is sort of ridiculous though.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hate: My random came up as a guild group in PoS. Agi neck dropped, Pally Tank rolls too (to give to their huntard). Then, they kick me in the scourgelord's room.

I started plotting some involved EVE-style revenge, but it's just some podunk non-raiding guild, so there's probably no guild bank to loot. I think I'm going to start sending them gold from IGE.

Madpoet on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Samphis wrote: »

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sentinels&cn=Kalorie&gn=Sweaty+Nerds

Fishing achievements or Battlemaster. Or if you think you can swing it, Insane in the Membrane.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Skeith wrote: »
    Samphis wrote: »

Fishing achievements or Battlemaster. Or if you think you can swing it, Insane in the Membrane.

Battlemaster is harder than the other two because one is tons of gold the other is luck and raids

Brainleech on
  • Options
    quaigyquaigy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hate : The lack of alliance players on my server led half of my guild to go Horde, leaving me stranded there with no possibilities to raid again.

And we were about to go for frostwyrms in 10 man :(

quaigy on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Happy: LK 10m down! Apparently it's tons easier to have the spirits get soaked by someone getting spam healed in the middle than to try to dps them down before they get to anyone. Things started failing at the end and people died to rogue ghosts right before LK hit 10% so we thought we wiped for a second.

Funny: One of our raidmembers disconnected right then as well. One of the guys called him up on his cellphone and apparently his power went out. So they got another guildmember to log onto the DCed guy's account so he could get the achievement. To facilitate this, we didn't dps the LK at all for that last 10% to give them enough time to log on and he got on literally 5 seconds before we got the achievement.

Happy: We finished early enough to do a 30m MC run afterwards, 2 more runs till exalted for me.

Opty on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hate; I'm doing some quests on my shaman, when I see Crossroads is under attack light up and fill up my chat box. I've got my level 80 rogue alt there who isn't in great gear, so I quickly log over and I zone in to see a level 60 druid, from a guild that claims to do level 60 content as it's meant to be done (i.e. not in 40 man raids, but spamming /2 for 80's to boost them through, so they can "pwn noobs" in AV with their locked accounts).

The druid is running around and killing all the quest keepers and vendors. If he's so keen to waste people trying to level's time, I can waste his, so I kill him, and then camp him for another 2 kills. I'll note that I'm on a pve server, so all he has to do, is wait 5 mins to untag if it becomes too much for him.

But no, he makes a level 1 alt and spams me that I'm sad for camping his level 60, and that I have no life. Trying to point out that this is a bit rich coming from a level 60, who went all the way to the crossroads to kill all the quest givers is completely lost on him, so I stick him on ignore.

He then makes another alt and carries on, telling me to be careful or he'll get his level 80 rogue "in tier 1" (whatever that means) and show me a real rogue. I then put that alt on ignore as well.

Suck it up! You tried to grief a questing area, and you're getting you comeuppance.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You should've reported him for harassment.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    You should've reported him for harassment.

I did for what it's worth. I reported it at about 10pm game time last night, and still had an open ticket this morning. The chances anything will be done about it, are probably slim, but if I don't report it, then that's a 100% guarantee that nothing will be done.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Fatgoat87 wrote: »

So basically you need to be smart about what you are installing on your computer. Who knew? :lol:

Mutilate on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Hate:

VH (normal) I get in with my warrior who's 75.5, two other random dps, and a priest/warrior pair (80/79) and the warrior is putting out a whopping 300 dps. I'm putting out more than that. We down the first boss. Oh wow tank loot. Guess who won it?

I dropped group immediately after and I wish the 80 wasn't with him because well fuck-damn they probably didn't learn a lesson. Especially in VH. Though the healer wasn't too awfully good, so, maybe they did wipe.

Those tank pants would've been amazing to have. As it stands I have lost every single tank piece of gear to a dps since level 58.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Can't you auto attack and break 300 dps at that level?

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well that's all he was doing. 300 dps and all. I think he thunderclapped once.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ... I don't even know what to say.

Mutilate on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I feel like a dick for leaving the other people, but god damn am I sick of shit like this. Honestly I've resigned myself to never getting tank loot until I hit 80 and start hitting up heroics with my guild.

bowen on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    I feel like a dick for leaving the other people, but god damn am I sick of shit like this. Honestly I've resigned myself to never getting tank loot until I hit 80 and start hitting up heroics with my guild.

Was it the first boss? They were probably needing on everything they could.

Samphis on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's Jaraxxus this week What fun that is

Brainleech on
This discussion has been closed.