Options

Dragon Strikes [Chat]

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Saammiel wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Any of you familiar with SWOT Analysis?

Somewhat. Are you my marketing prof?

I'm looking for someone to do one for the Boss Man. I think I've already found someone though, gotta wait for them to go on lunch so I can talk to them in detail.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    beeeeeeeer!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Fuck the "pass the name on" bullshit. It is just a stupid name that will be bastardized into something that sounds completely different as time marches forward.

Couscous on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys, it's fucking hot out

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2011
    I don't know if I'm going to take Choco's name when I get married. I've been MISS FANCY PANTS MCGEE my entire life, I don't want to be LORD PIZZA ROLLS, KING OF NEWFOUNDLAND. But he is the only guy in his generation of EL CHOCOSTEINS, so he has to pass the name on.

You should each take each other's names:

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I don't know if I'm going to take Choco's name when I get married. I've been MISS FANCY PANTS MCGEE my entire life, I don't want to be LORD PIZZA ROLLS, KING OF NEWFOUNDLAND. But he is the only guy in his generation of EL CHOCOSTEINS, so he has to pass the name on.

His kids can still have his name, even if you don't take it.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    Fuck the "pass the name on" bullshit. It is just a stupid name that will be bastardized into something that sounds completely different as time marches forward.

i have seriously considered taking my fiancee's last name when we get...well whatever we get

but i will hyphen it after my name

my initials will be RAZR

Arch on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    So... Arch. If you can't physically swallow, do you just chew and let the food slide on down into your gullet?

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dyr and I chose a portmanteau of our two names, though we've yet to legally change it. Jones + Stanley = Stone.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011

I hate hyphenated names, they sound awkward and unwieldy.

I told him he should take my name and he said he would if he had a brother or male cousin

but his family would flip the fuck out on him

so

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

If you want to keep your name, go ahead. The children can take his name or the hyphenate. It still gets passed down.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I considered taking my wife's last name but fuck it all if I'll be yet another Smith.

Sheep on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    actually galahad now I really want to try it

worst case scenario I get really really nauseous, and thanks to both my lack of peristalsis and the nissin fundoplication I can't throw up!

win/win!

You are still a pretty tiny guy right? 'cause if you have any largish friends, you could totally get an airplane ride.

Then you can both throw up together!

I miss being small enough for that.

Galahad on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My first name is super common

My last name is not very common at all

So 90% of my friends call me by my last name

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    So... Arch. If you can't physically swallow, do you just chew and let the food slide on down into your gullet?

yehp- drink lots of fluids to help facilitate

and it must be corrected that I CAN swallow, I just have very poor (almost non existent) esophageal peristalsis

Arch on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What's up chat! I worked until 4AM last night. It wasn't fun. But I got to sleep to noon then watch that star trek movie about the clone guy so that was kind of good.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

TOM

JERRY

Jacobkosh on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    my last name is a name of kings

I will not give it up

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Man, I'm sorry, Arch, I didn't realize that that was a serious question. I was just fucking around.
    Naw dude its cool

I kinda made him qualify it as a serious question before I actually answered it
    I fucking hate the obvious jokes people make when hearing something like that.

Like I said, if I'd've thought he was for real, I wouldn't have said anything. I get the same fucking jokes about my name every time I hand a credit card to someone. It got old long ago.

When I hear jokes about my name, I just use it as an opportunity to drive home just how unoriginal the joke is. If I have to cringe hearing it, they get to cringe at my reply.

I changed my name because I was tired of getting the "Question, Mark? hahaha" line. WEll, partially. The other is that Mark just sucks for a name and Turing is soooo much better.

I have literally been waiting for this for so long you have no idea.

almost everytime I load up facebook i was like "is his name REALLY turing or is that facebook shenanigans?"

You... could have asked. But my name is really Turing, but I wasn't born Turing.

I felt it was rude....but in retrospect given who I would be asking I realize now that the barriers on what is "rude" in the context of asking you questions is kind of high

There was a note about my name change on my Facebook profile. You could have looked a little harder, dude. :-P

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is belief that insects are crawling all over oneself symptomatic of insanity? Could it simply be a function of too much caffeine?

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ow, ow, ow. Stress headache, for the first time in my life.

Organizing international business deals is rough. D:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    actually galahad now I really want to try it

worst case scenario I get really really nauseous, and thanks to both my lack of peristalsis and the nissin fundoplication I can't throw up!

win/win!

You are still a pretty tiny guy right? 'cause if you have any largish friends, you could totally get an airplane ride.

Then you can both throw up together!

I miss being small enough for that.

oh god worst thing about summer camp

naive arch said- "oh yeah i can't swallow real well...the muscles don't really work. yeah if you hold me upside down and the food hasn't yet reached my stomach it will come back up"

really really large pre teens (relative to arch)- "oh...reaaaaalllly?"

Arch on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

I will not give it up

So your last name is the name of a bunch of cousin fuckers who loved to screw over the peasants.

I think I will just name any child I have Judas Iscariot just to be a dick to him or her.

Couscous on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

Having spent a few minutes saying them aloud, i think Cassandra Odell sounds quite nice, maybe just because it's a surname i have never heard before.

Also - I'd imagine you'd have to have kids before he could pass the name on. For example, my aunt kept her maiden name after being married, but their children were given their fathers name so that all worked out.

Edit - beaten so hard.

Jacobkosh on
    Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited October 2011

You should each take each other's names: .

I hate hyphenated names, they sound awkward and unwieldy.

I told him he should take my name and he said he would if he had a brother or male cousin

but his family would flip the fuck out on him

so

Go go societal hypocrisy!

Jacobkosh on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited May 2010

and it must be corrected that I CAN swallow, I just have very poor (almost non existent) esophageal peristalsis

Meaning the contractions that slide the food down into your stomach?

Sheep on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh and then I ate a fancy hamburger in the fancy restaurant of the fancy hotel.

But it's really hot here like whoa. Also I'd really like a glass of chardonnay right now.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Is belief that insects are crawling all over oneself symptomatic of insanity? Could it simply be a function of too much caffeine?

It could be a symptom of having insects crawling all over oneself.

Couscous on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    cassandra ord mantell

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I should just drop my last name altogether. Just be Turing.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Man, I'm sorry, Arch, I didn't realize that that was a serious question. I was just fucking around.
    Naw dude its cool

I kinda made him qualify it as a serious question before I actually answered it
    I fucking hate the obvious jokes people make when hearing something like that.

Like I said, if I'd've thought he was for real, I wouldn't have said anything. I get the same fucking jokes about my name every time I hand a credit card to someone. It got old long ago.

When I hear jokes about my name, I just use it as an opportunity to drive home just how unoriginal the joke is. If I have to cringe hearing it, they get to cringe at my reply.

I changed my name because I was tired of getting the "Question, Mark? hahaha" line. WEll, partially. The other is that Mark just sucks for a name and Turing is soooo much better.

I have literally been waiting for this for so long you have no idea.

almost everytime I load up facebook i was like "is his name REALLY turing or is that facebook shenanigans?"

You... could have asked. But my name is really Turing, but I wasn't born Turing.

I felt it was rude....but in retrospect given who I would be asking I realize now that the barriers on what is "rude" in the context of asking you questions is kind of high

There was a note about my name change on my Facebook profile. You could have looked a little harder, dude. :-P

you are right

i am the embarrassed

Arch on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I will not give it up

So your last name is the name of a bunch of cousin fuckers who loved to screw over the peasants.

I think I will just name any child I have Judas Iscariot just to be a dick to him or her.

Don't have the child in Germany. It's illegal to name a child Judas in Germany.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Meaning the contractions that slide the food down into your stomach?

yeah

the ones you don't control consciously

like i can get the food INTO the esophagus easy enough, but after that it is anyone's game

and by anyone i mean gravity

Arch on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2010
    You're a weird guy, Couscous.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh and then I ate a fancy hamburger in the fancy restaurant of the fancy hotel.

But it's really hot here like whoa. Also I'd really like a glass of chardonnay right now.
    but what if there's a black fly in it

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I will not give it up

Don't have the child in Germany. It's illegal to name a child Judas in Germany.

Fine. I'll just name him Adolf Hitler if he is born in Germany.

Couscous on
  • Options
    SaammielSaammiel Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Saammiel wrote: »
    Any of you familiar with SWOT Analysis?

Somewhat. Are you my marketing prof?

I'm looking for someone to do one for the Boss Man. I think I've already found someone though, gotta wait for them to go on lunch so I can talk to them in detail.

Not too hard unless they want to really go nuts. It just stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats. You can do cross sectional analysis too if you want to really get elaborate.

So you just detail your firm/unit's strengths and weaknesses (fairly straightforward). Then you detail its opportunities (future potential opportunities in the business) and threats (what could derail your shining success).

If you get fancy you can make a 2x2 grid and combine the SW aspects of the business with the OT parts. So Strength column at the top, then a weakness column. Opportunity row on the left side, followed by a threat row. Then you can mix and match for funsies. So the SO grid would contain ways in which you would leverage your identified strength to capture future opportunities. The ST box would have how you would use your strengths to hedge against future threats. Etc etc.

It is a very stereotypically MBA type of analysis.

Saammiel on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Ow, ow, ow. Stress headache, for the first time in my life.

Organizing international business deals is rough. D:

I had me a wicked caffeine withdrawal headache this morning. Had like 3 glasses of iced tea which kind of helped, but man that coffee has me under its yolk. Don't really realize it until you skip the mornin' dose.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I should just drop my last name altogether. Just be Turing.

I dunno, your last name's unique. I'd never seen it before meeting you.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    anyway [chat] i am leaving work now

i may or may not be back online later

i dont know we will see how it goes

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.