Options

The [Chat] Doctors

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Wait, am I to understand that Liam Neeson is in the A-Team movie?

Playing George Poppard, its the worst casting this side of Will Smith.

What then, is the worst casting on the other side of Will Smith?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I am not going to PAX.

maybe next year.

:(

Hopefully if I do not live in the area by next year I will be able to make it then as well.

Also Steam tells me you too have been playing Torchlight.

I've gotten further this time than before. Just got to the ember forge thingy.

I actually just beat the game and am unsure weather I really want to try a different class or just hang up the game for a bit and redo dragonage or finally start splinter cell.

it was a pretty good game but it got repetitive.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Also.

Mr. T is alive. Why cast someone to play Mr. T when he could do it himself.

Honk on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's what I don't get with all those travel card systems: every single fucking person can have a Visa/Mastercard debit/credit card smart card.

Why not just make public transport billing work with those?

The greatest thing that happened to car parks lately was when they upgraded the ticket machines to take credit cards at the point of exit. Thus solving that dilemma where it would create a huge hold up if someone had gone over time and not paid before exiting.

As someone who was a fraud investigator for a credit card company

I want to light you on fire for this suggestion

Pony on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    it's starting to make *me* feel like I have a cough.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    God damn, can people not be complete babies about getting shot in RDR's public free roam? IT'S A FREE FOR ALL. I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU, BABBY.

I hate you

We all do elldren.

Sarksus is why I stopped playing RDR multiplayer entirely

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wait, there's a flat swipe fee? So, not a percentage at all?

(I'm unfamiliar because I use a check card, and if there's any small swipe fees they are opaque to me).

Winky on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    I am not going to PAX.

maybe next year.

:(

Hopefully if I do not live in the area by next year I will be able to make it then as well.

Also Steam tells me you too have been playing Torchlight.

I've gotten further this time than before. Just got to the ember forge thingy.

I actually just beat the game and am unsure weather I really want to try a different class or just hang up the game for a bit and redo dragonage or finally start splinter cell.

it was a pretty good game but it got repetitive.

I've played a couple of hours of torchlight. I have to say it was a bit disappointing that within the first 15 minutes of gameplay they reused the exact same room model just with different enemies in it. Then it happened again and again, it's fun but not exactly a game I can play for very long.

Daxon on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Wait, there's a flat swipe fee? So, not a percentage at all?

(I'm unfamiliar because I use a check card, and if there's any small swipe fees they are opaque to me).
    There are both. A flat swipe fee, and a per transaction percentage. The industry average for per swipe is between 6 and 12 cents, and per transaction is usually right at 2%.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    That's what I don't get with all those travel card systems: every single fucking person can have a Visa/Mastercard debit/credit card smart card.

The greatest thing that happened to car parks lately was when they upgraded the ticket machines to take credit cards at the point of exit. Thus solving that dilemma where it would create a huge hold up if someone had gone over time and not paid before exiting.

It's not the customers job to make your job easy.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also.

Mr. T is alive. Why cast someone to play Mr. T when he could do it himself.

all the other old men would want their original roles back too

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    On the subject of RDR, I was hunting beavers for this quest (lol). And during my attempts I was slayed twice by cougars, and on the successful attempt I had killed six cougars. SO many cougars, SO few beavers.

This is a hilarious post.

Honk on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

Because every time you swipe a credit card, the company takes a swipe fee and per transaction percentage. So someone swiping their credit card to put $20 on a transit card only causes one swipe fee to be deducted for say, 10 trips, but if you swiped your credit card for every trip the company would be on the hook for 10 swipe fees for the same amount of travel.

What?

10% of $20 is $2.

10% of $2 x 10 = $2.

Admittedly I only have a debit visa card but they never charge me anything for using it in shops/topping up my oyster card..

Yes they do, just not directly.

05visa.jpeg

Similar to how you are actually paying to check luggage on Southwest. You're just also being subsidized by all the people who only carry on.

moniker on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    God damn, can people not be complete babies about getting shot in RDR's public free roam? IT'S A FREE FOR ALL. I'M GONNA SHOOT YOU, BABBY.

I hate you

We all do elldren.

He's such a bad man.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pony wrote: »

It's not the customers job to make your job easy.

It's a stupid idea.

Not everyone has said cards and building ones own system is miles easier than integrating a dozen systems for other people that weren't intended for the purpose.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sarksus is why I stopped posting in [chat].

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    shower farts are on another level of foul

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    All of this is also ignoring the intricacies of fare transactions with transfers and the like unless you're fine with credit card companies purposefully tracking your movement/transit agencies holding onto your credit card # for awhile. Though the fact that you get charged anything for a transfer is itself ridiculous.

moniker on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You're supposed to do it with your butt in the shower spray, so it carries the fart down.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    moniker wrote: »

Because every time you swipe a credit card, the company takes a swipe fee and per transaction percentage. So someone swiping their credit card to put $20 on a transit card only causes one swipe fee to be deducted for say, 10 trips, but if you swiped your credit card for every trip the company would be on the hook for 10 swipe fees for the same amount of travel.

What?

10% of $20 is $2.

10% of $2 x 10 = $2.

Admittedly I only have a debit visa card but they never charge me anything for using it in shops/topping up my oyster card..

Yes they do, just not directly.

05visa.jpeg

Similar to how you are actually paying to check luggage on Southwest. You're just also being subsidized by all the people who only carry on.

oh.

Daxon on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I hate you

We all do elldren.

He's such a bad man.

Does he use casual aiming?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

goddamn that shit is unfiltered

it is a crime against humanity

Tav on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Poop farts are the best. You're coming to the end of a good poop and then the fart comes and FWOOMP, it shoots out like a potato gun. And after that, the wipe is basically ceremonial.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wait, weird. Because doesn't using your PIN cost you a direct charge whereas signing doesn't? So signing instead directly charges the merchant?

Winky on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Man life sometimes has it's fucking MOMENTS.

This weekend my sister found what she thinks may be a lump on her breast. She's unemployed so if it is cancer she has no money to pay for treatment and such.

So what does my dad do? He suggests they marry (they aren't related) so he can get her on his state insurance and save hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Now it makes practical sense to do that if my sister does have cancer.

But...just IMAGINE what the hell it's like to hear your dad suggest that to your sister.

WOW. Cue the banjo music.

isn't that illegal?

pretty sure that constitutes a form a fraud
    whether its provable or worth enforcing is another issue

Oh man, all having a government stiff watch them 'consummate the marriage'. D:

In reality I doubt it'll come to this. This would be like the last of a decent list of last resorts.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    All of this is also ignoring the intricacies of fare transactions with transfers and the like unless you're fine with credit card companies purposefully tracking your movement/transit agencies holding onto your credit card # for awhile. Though the fact that you get charged anything for a transfer is itself ridiculous.

Man I miss my U-Pass where it just made it so I completely didn't have to think about any of that at all.

It only works during the semester, though.

Winky on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There are a couple of RFID debit card systems gaining prevalence. One of the debit cards I was issued last year has it (whatever Visa's system is called), but I've never found anywhere that uses it.

The banks will keep issuing them until everybody has one, though.

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In the civilized world, there is no difference between signing and entering a pin code.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wait, weird. Because doesn't using your PIN cost you a direct charge whereas signing doesn't? So signing instead directly charges the merchant?

Everything charges the merchant directly who then (in)directly charges you. There may also be a fee for you specifically, but that depends. This is why governments typically don't let you pay for things (taxes, tickets, &c.) with credit cards. They can't just bundle the fee into other costs without committing some form of fraud.

moniker on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've never seen any use of a debit card incur a direct charge to me except for at certain supermarkets or drugstores when you want cash back. But even then, it's about $0.50, which is less than any ATM fee around here.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In the civilized world, there is no difference between signing and entering a pin code.

Other than PIN codes being inherently less hassle.

Daxon on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

In the UK there is, but it's purely to do with whether the bank or the merchant is liable for fraudulent transactions. Signed it's the merchant, PIN, it's the bank, I think.

japan on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Man I miss my U-Pass where it just made it so I completely didn't have to think about any of that at all.

It only works during the semester, though.

Chicago Card Plus. Though I don't think they have reduced fare for students on it; just the elderly with their free rides.

moniker on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    evilbob wrote: »

Nah he just shoots dudes who want to ride around and have fun. Joy killer.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Play Batman: Arkham Asylum makes me feel like I'm playing a bad guy because here you have all these vicious murdering psychos that get loose every 5 minutes to kill again and Batman NEVER DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT LOCK THEM BACK UP IN THE ASYLUM WITH A SHITLOAD OF SECURITY HOLES.

Like, jesus Batman.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There are even machines to enter pin numbers in some bars here, I hope it gains momentum because it's super fast.

Honk on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've never seen any use of a debit card incur a charge except for at certain supermarkets or drugstores when you want cash back. But even then, it's about $0.50, which is less than any ATM fee around here.

In the civilised world you are never charged for bank ATM withdrawals.

Europe has spoken.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Poop farts are the best. You're coming to the end of a good poop and then the fart comes and FWOOMP, it shoots out like a potato gun. And after that, the wipe is basically ceremonial.

If you have copious amounts of ass hair, the wipe is never ceremonial. It becomes one of the greatest challenges you'll ever face.

I can't wait for the next Dark Sun podcast.

They make juices.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    evilbob wrote: »

Nah he just shoots dudes who want to ride around and have fun. Joy killer.

Maybe they should just ride around and have fun in singleplayer.

Or a literal sandbox.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Other than PIN codes being inherently less hassle.

That's arguable.

I have an easier time remember my name than a number.

Winky on
This discussion has been closed.