As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Eversion: sounds - possibly musical - heard in the night from other worlds or realms

littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
(There was a bit of chatter in the indie games thread, but this game totally deserves its own)

Hey everyone! Someone recommended that I try a game called Eversion. I liked it so much, that I've decided to share it with all of you. Let's take a look!

eversion1.png

I...don't know what that's all about. This is just a cute little mario platformer.

eversion2.png

Yep, there we go. I feel better now.

Use the left and right arrow keys to move, and either the z key or the up arrow key to jump. I think the X button does something, too?

eversion3.png

Can you save the princess?

newsig.png
littwentythree on

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I...don't know what that's all about. This is just a cute little mario platformer.
    It's a trap! Although it's not nearly as creepy as people make it out to be.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    littwentythreelittwentythree Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    It's a trap! Although it's not nearly as creepy as people make it out to be.

Yeah I personally don't find it very creepy, just awesome.

littwentythree on
    newsig.png
  • Options
    mwoodymwoody Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The problem with this game is that it's waaaaay too difficult. It doesn't realize that it's just a gimmick, and a briefly interesting one at that. I didn't need to spend half an hour falling on spikes for such little payoff.

mwoody on
    Steam: mwoody450
  • Options
    RhakaRhaka Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    240/240 stage 7 can go fuck itself, honestly.

Rhaka on
  • Options
    CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The game was part of a Halloween competition at TIGSource, where they took quotes from Lovecraft's Commonplace Book and made games based on them. So that explains the Lovecraft quote for you.

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hm. How do you get past the first part of 4?

Edit:
    The red hands are the only dangerous part, the black bits are safe to jump through.

KiTA on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This just got a Steam release.

Enhanced graphics and acheivements.

It looks more like a 16bit game now.

LewieP on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2010
    That's, uh, weird. I actually downloaded it like two days ago. Funny timing.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm really digging the new backgrounds in the Steam Release. The final world is pretty different from the original version, though... I can't say I like it as much. Fortunately, the old version is still offered in the unlockable Time attack mode.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    LewieP wrote: »
    This just got a Steam release.

Enhanced graphics and acheivements.

It looks more like a 16bit game now.

Seriously?

How much does it cost?

Pata on