As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wireless on laptop will not turn on!

AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur.Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
So I got a new laptop today, an Asus N61J-X2. It's fairly nice for the price.

At any rate, I was messing with the buttons and Fn+F2 turns on/off my wireless. Well it turns off my wireless anyway. I am having some difficulty turning it back on. :?

Aside from Fn+F2 I also have the Asus Wireless Console Utility. Double clicking that should turn on/off my wireless, but it did not work. It showed a little wireless tower icon, but otherwise did nothing. I actually uninstalled it and now the icon that appears when I hit Fn+F2 is much bigger and clearly states "Wireless LAN Off" no matter how many times I hit it. When the wireless is on the little LED light at the edge of my keyboard should light up. It does light up when I check for driver updates or fiddle with the wireless card's settings.

I should mention that my wireless was working fine until I hit Fn+F2 and turned it off.

What the fuck am I missing? I know it must be something dumb.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
Axen on

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    There's a switch along the front edge of the laptop, that should control the wireless and bluetooth (it's the case for many Asus laptops but I can't tell for your particular model. But it's probably there). It's easy to bump when carrying the laptop and so on. Switch it back.

(yes, that does mean there are two switches. One is the hardware switch, the other is the software switch. Both should be on for it to work)

If this fails, go to Device Manager and disable/enable/uninstall/reinstall drivers for your wifi card.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Fuck I knew it was something dumb. :oops: Thanks man!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.