As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Biofeedback, anyone?

LanthisLanthis Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Has anyone here had experience with biofeedback training? Was it effective for your particular condition?

I have heard that it can be somewhat successful for hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating). I'm about average weight, but my hands and feet are always clammy and I can't wear flipflops for too long or they begin to smell. The prescription drugs cost too much and are too much hassle. I used to always sweat excessively under my arms but it isn't as bad now that I'm more in shape (I used to be about 50 pounds heavier). I know that I've had hyperhydrosis since I was a child, because my hands would get irritated and peel semi-annually from being too moist. That hasn't happened in a while, perhaps because I am less stressed out and overall more healthy, but also perhaps because I am older.

At any rate, I was thinking of either training myself in biofeedback or finding someone to train me, if it may be effective. Comments? Experiences?

Lanthis on

• Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Have you ever been tested for diabetes?

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    LanthisLanthis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Not to my knowledge, although my dad and his father both had a late in life onset of type 2 diabetes. My aunt on my mother's side had a similar problem with her hands peeling when she was younger, although I'm not sure if she shows any signs of hyperhydrosis.

Lanthis on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Get tested for diabetes. You have the genetic potential for it at least.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.