As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Internet Problem.

HunteraHuntera Rude BoyRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm having an odd issue with my internet after deleting a virus, that being I can only connect to Firefox as for some reason, Steam, Google Chrome, Opera, and Internet Explorer all don't work anymore.

I don't have any idea where to start that would fix this, I tried reinstalling all of the browsers, but that didn't help.

Anyone ever have a similar problem and could give me some advice on how to fix it, or where to go to fix it?

Huntera on

• Options
    theclamtheclam Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is your computer set up to use a proxy when it shouldn't? Go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, and uncheck "Use a proxy server."

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You could start with posting a Hijackthis log to their forum, and maybe here. I'd bet that there are some malicious bits of virus left.

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    theclam wrote: »
    Is your computer set up to use a proxy when it shouldn't? Go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, and uncheck "Use a proxy server."

Thank you! That worked.

Huntera on