As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sweet DS Lite cases. Anyone got one?

ruforufo Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
So I'm in the market for a new DS case.

I'm starting to get a little tired of my DS Lite swimming around in the old DS case I'm using for it, and I have way too many games to fit in the weird little holder things.

I'd like something that's on the small side, but tough and high-quality, and able to hold a fuckton of DS games, and maybe one or two GBA games. I don't care about bringing the charger - the battery can hold up on its own.

Right now I'm looking at the Waterfield DS Lite case - it doesn't hold quite as many games as I'd like but it looks to be the right size and they're known to make top-notch bags. Any other suggestions welcome.

rufo on

• Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I use one of these because it carries a ton of shit. Yeah, it's bulky, but I never leave home without it.

Edit: I should note that I found this at Circuit City even though it's not listed on their site - if you use Amazon.com, you don't get to choose which color you receive. Which is extremely lame.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I got one either called Score or from a company called score from Walmart.com

Here's a cnet review http://reviews.cnet.com/Score_Dual_Folio_Case_for_DS_Lite/4505-6449_7-32057253.html

It holds 9DS and 9GBA games, extra stylus, and a pouch that I cram the charger and a screen cloth in. I use it for longer multi-day trips and for storage at home, the DS itself can go in my pocket for short trips. My only complaint was that the DS slots are tight at first, but getting a game in stretches them out.

captaink on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was thinking about getting a hard clear case for mine, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have one? I was thinking of one of these two.

NDS Case

Joytech Armorlite

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting a hard clear case for mine, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else have one? I was thinking of one of these two.

NDS Case

Joytech Armorlite

I have the Joytech ArmorLite and I highly recommend it. It virtually no affect on the DL Lite form factor and it's pretty sturdy. It also fits nicely in my case mentioned up above without any problems.

LCDXX on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Awesome! Thanks. :)

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I go with the Oreo

DS in a PSP cloth slip

FaceballMcDougal on
    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • Options
    JLM-AWPJLM-AWP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Personally, after trying a couple cases, I reverted back to micro-fiber sunglasses cases. Really thin, still protects quite well. I bought a second to hold my games. Total cost...99 cents.

JLM-AWP on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    JLM-AWP wrote: »
    Personally, after trying a couple cases, I reverted back to micro-fiber sunglasses cases. Really thin, still protects quite well. I bought a second to hold my games. Total cost...99 cents.

On the same note, my wife and I both have little cases from Walmarts camera accessories section - they are designed for SD cards. They're $2 and they hold 6 DS games each.

They are great for when dragging around my full arsenal just isn't convenient.

LCDXX on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I use a skin from bestskinsever.com and an Altoids chewing gum tin to hold my games.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    superslothsupersloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I go with the Oreo

DS in a PSP cloth slip

hah, i do that too. works great.

supersloth on
    elsupersloth.jpg
    muh.
  • Options
    inthegrayinthegray Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i can't recommend the Waterfield DS Lite case enough.

inthegray on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I use a sock that I got free at Megabowl

LewieP on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've got this white Final Fantasy III sleeve that I got from Target during their Final Fantasy sale last Christmas. I usually only play one game at a time so I don't need to have pockets for extra games.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    LCDXX wrote: »

NDS Case

Joytech Armorlite

I have the Joytech ArmorLite and I highly recommend it. It virtually no affect on the DL Lite form factor and it's pretty sturdy. It also fits nicely in my case mentioned up above without any problems.

Can I assume that you can play through the casing?

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    here's what I've got: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-70-1by0.html

That one's out of stock, but there are other colors.

Evander on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-70-1i25.html

It's backordered now, but my mom's just arrived a few minutes ago and it's really nice. I'm jealous of it.

bruin on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Evander wrote: »
    here's what I've got: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-en-70-1by0.html

That one's out of stock, but there are other colors.

I have that one too. It's awesome, the front can hold a Lite even with a GBA game in, and the back has slots for two DS games and a stylus. The larger pocket usually holds my pen stylus and a couple GBA or DS games as well.

I also have this pouch:

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3qiw-71-b6-49-en-84-j-70-19m5.html

Which only holds two DS games and a GBA game, but it is a little more durable than the Multi-Pouch.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I use a crown royal bag.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I use a crown royal bag.

I keep a crown royal bottle in my crown royal bag

Evander on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I use a crown royal bag.

I got my crown royal bag from a liquor store for free

I told the guy I don't drink, I just want the bag, and he just gave it to me

sweet

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    LCDXX wrote: »

NDS Case

Joytech Armorlite

Can I assume that you can play through the casing?

Absolutely - it has, quite literally, no change on the form factor of the DS - it's a very thin layer of acrylic and it fits snug around the DS clamshell design. Trust me, you won't know it's there.

LCDXX on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I decided on getting the Armorlite (due to the good reviews) and this case. I wish I wasn't so goddamn girly, but hey, my DS Lite will be pink, so..

The SD Case for DS games is a damn good idea. I never really realized how similar in size they were.

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    ReaverbotReaverbot Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I bought this one off play asia last year. I love how it looks along with my black DS Lite and it came with a pen sized Stylus and an extra plastic case to hold two more games.

Reaverbot on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This thread has prompted me to pick up this case.

It will go incredibly well with my manly pink DS.

Shamus on
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I use a crown royal bag.

I got my crown royal bag from a liquor store for free

I told the guy I don't drink, I just want the bag, and he just gave it to me

sweet

I keep my dice in a crown royal bag. Pretty damn good dice bag. I got mine from a guy who got a bunch from a biker.

I second LCDXX's DS case. It can indeed hold a ton of stuff. The inside pouch has a ton of slots for DS cards and there is also a little mesh pouch that will hold a few GBA games. There's a pocket on the top that I suppose is for a charger or something, but it fits my NES controller tin full of more DS carts like a glove. My only complaint is about the part of the pouch for the DS. It's a little too snug for my DS phat, but I've been trying to stretch the pocket out to fix that. (Given, I've got one of those Hori pens sticking out of the back. There's my problem!) I'm sure that a DS Lite fits perfectly. Anyway, its totes a ton of games.

Pseudonym on
    Animal Crossing Wii: Kelly in Boomtown
    1934-4237-4812
    Fruit: Peaches, perhaps coconuts soon too!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    the crown royal bag is perfect for

-portable game systems
    -dice, counters, etc
    -scrabble tiles
    -keeping all my usb cords in

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    BushmaoriBushmaori Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think this should be allowed here, but if it constitutes piracy then ill change or delete or whatever.

Anyway have you considered getting a Slot-1 Homebrew like device, I backup my games onto one so I don't have to carry a case around or anything. Only if you trust yourself not pirating though.
    Saves me from having to look for my games since they are all in the DS from the get go, but of course it is a little bit more expensive but since you can watch movies and listen to music as well as all that other good homebrew stuff then you might consider looking into it yes?

Bushmaori on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    mariodscase-thumb.jpg

I also have another case I got from Target that I use a lot, but I can't seem to find it online. Which sucks cause it's awesome.

I may take some pictures later tonight.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My fiancee and I have these:
    http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802349

Called the traveler case. It holds the DS system real securely, and in the other side, holds 4 DS games and 2 GBA games, or 8 DS games, plus an extra stylus. It seems really sturdy.. reminds me a lot of Logitech's PSP case (Playgear Pocket?)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Found it!

http://www.amazon.com/ALS-Industries-Nintendo-Carrying-Case/dp/B0006VC3SA/ref=sr_1_5/104-6679789-1875124?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1177981969&sr=1-5

Fantastic case. There are 8 little slots in some elastic cloth that hold your DS games, and I believe it may have come with a screen wiper too. It has another elastic band to hold the DS in and a pouch behind the games to hold other accesories (GBA games, charger, or what have you)

If you can find this for sale anywhere I highly recommend it.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Found it!

http://www.amazon.com/ALS-Industries-Nintendo-Carrying-Case/dp/B0006VC3SA/ref=sr_1_5/104-6679789-1875124?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1177981969&sr=1-5

Fantastic case. There are 8 little slots in some elastic cloth that hold your DS games, and I believe it may have come with a screen wiper too. It has another elastic band to hold the DS in and a pouch behind the games to hold other accesories (GBA games, charger, or what have you)

If you can find this for sale anywhere I highly recommend it.

I have that one too. Its a very nice balance between storage and size. I stick a tin in the accesories part so I can hold even more games. Its a pretty decent size pouch for sticking in a bag.

Pseudonym on
    Animal Crossing Wii: Kelly in Boomtown
    1934-4237-4812
    Fruit: Peaches, perhaps coconuts soon too!
  • Options
    AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    my girlfriend got a case for my dsl and painted it. I'll take pics of it when i get the chance.
    Its just one of the denim like ones but white all over with moogles on the front and my name. And on the back it has mario stuffs

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • Options
    zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pokemon Pearl and Diamond come with free carrying cases. They don't have any pockets but at least there's a spot to put an extra stlylus!

zanetheinsane on