As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i am playing peace walker

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Devil May Cry 3 was another one of my favorite PS2 games. (I didn't play that many PS2 games though.)

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That's supposedly how Atlus got Capcom to let them use Dante in Nocturne, which is probably the only good thing DMC2 ever produced.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    God, DMC2 is probably the worst game I've ever purchased. I still won't touch that franchise.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DMC 3 and 4 were a lot of fun! Never played DMC1, though.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    damn ZOE was a pretty fun game from what I remember

M.D. on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ZOE 2 was even better, so much even better than 1

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nocturne was the first game I'd ever played with Dante, and I thought he was awesome.

smt3-dantea.jpg

Then I play 3 and he's this young wisecracking jerk.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Young wisecracking Dante is leagues better than grim far-future coin-flipping no-fun Dante.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That's what I hear. I can only assume Nocturne made the best of the version everyone hates.

I've never played DMC2, just 3.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DMC3 was really good.

4 was kind of shit then it got good kind of (you play through the same exact levels with the way more interesting/awesome character) then it went back to shit.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I like how the guys running the franchise now have said DMC2 is set way in some murky future so they can keep making games without ever having to deal with that time period again.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Like who really sat down at the development meetings for DMC4 and said "I'm thinking we should have a new lead to make the series seem fresh again. And let's have him look and act basically like Dante except less interesting and more annoying. Also let's have Dante show up anyway to have the contrast be made perfectly clear."

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nero was kinda whiny but I didn't think he was THAT bad. Some of the tricks with the arm were kinda cool, and there was something about the silly motorcycle throttle sword that I really enjoyed.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm of the opinion that in most cases Capcom has no idea what the fuck it's doing and, despite this, they somehow end up with a fairly good product. Or Lost Planet 2.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I couldn't figure out if the throttle on the sword actually ever did anything.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    it probably caters to a very specific sort of japanese kid playin' these games

his design is that some sort of mcdonalds convergence model

clothing is red, so your eyes'll be fixated on him

and if those many flips he performs throw your eyes off balance he's got bright white hair

he talks like a douchebag, he wears leather and his sword is preposterously huge

there's taking yourself too seriously and that fact illiciting chuckles and there's dante, where there's a chuckle and a smirk. you just thinking, man this shit is silly but hey that cutscene let me know what i was in for

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DMC3 is the best in my view though.

That game had some beautiful scenes.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I couldn't figure out if the throttle on the sword actually ever did anything.

You could rev it up a couple times before striking and it gave more power to the blow. If you hit the rev button as you struck, with the right timing, you could chain a bunch of turbo swings.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

The best one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr336JzMBmY

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That's the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

The best one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr336JzMBmY

heh, watching that made me conscious of just how much of an influence DMC was on Bayonetta.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Its made by the same dude....

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yeah I know, obviously it was an influence BECAUSE it's the same guy, but the fact that there is an influence is what I was noting

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    urgh backpedalpffff hgh

when you meet a character who is stabbed through the chest with a sword to survive and respond rather nonchalant it kinda sets a tone

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    God fucking damn I love Devil May Cry.

Give me DMC5 already, fucker.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Every time I see this game mentioned it makes me think of Sleepwalker by Megadeth.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    POST ENDGAME SPOILERS THIS IS REAL SHIT
    How many times am I gonna have to catch Zadornov before the fucker stays put?!

also FUCK the monster hunter bosses are hard

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    oh my god this boss fight
    against the pupa vehicle

how the fuck do you avoid its huge ass instant death lightning

not the small shock or the one where it drops crap all over, but just the FILL THE ROOM WITH HUGE LIGHTNING AND YOU DIE attack

Knob on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Knob wrote: »
    oh my god this boss fight
    against the pupa vehicle

how the fuck do you avoid its huge ass instant death lightning

not the small shock or the one where it drops crap all over, but just the FILL THE ROOM WITH HUGE LIGHTNING AND YOU DIE attack

just

keep

strafing

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That's what they taught us in the Maries: Circle strafe. Always circle strafe.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    On that note I've been playing Ninja Gaiden 2 for the first time.

It's hasn't been too bad until the Test of Valor with the gun ninjas, the rocket ninjas and those fucking aliens in the mech-suits. Augh.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited June 2010
    OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD
    I AM BUILDING A METAL GEAR

OUTER HEAVEN ALL UP IN THIS FUCK

only

the first metal gear was developed for outer heaven by dr. pettrovich madnar in garzburg south africa

not by otacon's goddamned dad on a costa rican oil platform

and certainly not that metal gear raxa garbage from portable ops

the retconning is getting to the point that it's kind of bugging me

Knob on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm with you on that one, Knob.

Like in Snake Eater, I'm supposed to believe that the next-generation of mechanized super weapons was developed by a drunk, Russian dude 50 years before?

Come on, I bought into nanomachines and magic arms, but that was just too damn much.

And no, that isn't me being ironic. That was dumb. Grey Fox in every single game dumb.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I thought the Shagohod and Metal Gear were similar but ultimately separate projects?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    They are. Rex was made by Granin, a rival to Sokolov, who sent it to Hal Emmerich as revenge to the Soviets who chose Sokolov's project over his. Hell hath no fury like a Russian booze-hound scientist scorned, I guess.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    More like Peace of shit walker

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I have Portable Ops and haven't played it yet. Might get Peace Walker on the cheap eventually.

Also, Dante's awesome music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZTNjzXCtII

Epic kicks in at 0:40.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    More like, learn to homonym, dickspit.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh no

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Breaking out the literary burns.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png