As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
My avatar is a .gif with a transparent background. The background appears transparent in both Paint.NET and Microsoft Paint. However, it shows up with a white background here. Is there anything I can do about it?

VmUq7mz.png
olanmills on

• Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Make it a .png or some other format? I don't think .gif transparencies play nice with many browsers.

L|ama on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    Probably a resizing issue. Try reuploading it at 64x64.

Echo on
  • Options
    olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the help. It was the size that was the problem. The original was 80 x 80. Now I can see that the border looks crappy though. I guess I'll live with it for now.

olanmills on
    VmUq7mz.png
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    Make it a .png or some other format? I don't think .gif transparencies play nice with many browsers.

It's the other way around. gifs will work in everything, whereas pngs will show up with the transparency as bright pink in ie6 and other crappy browsers.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin